“You get what you pay for.”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of LaGrange

LaGrange
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in LaGrange
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“You get what you pay for.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

If it wasnt for driving for over 12 hours, I probably would have tried another hotel. The front desk guy was a complete jerk! We made our reservation online for a King room. Well, apparently you cannot have your pet in a King room. After explaining to the man that we made our reservation online and that it did not specify this "policy," he proceeded with "well they dont keep in contact with us" along with a completely bad attitude. We ended up having to stay in a double queen smoking room....gross.

The room-carpet felt sticky, room smelled bad, lights didnt work, toilet was extremely difficult to flush, and the tub....needs to be replaced!! It was dirty and rusty. I almost wanted to wear my sneakers while showering.

Yes, the room is cheap. No, I wont be back. No, I don't recommend this place.

Room Tip: Dont stay in #131
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank susieq23us
ken p, Manager at LaGrange, responded to this review, 12 April 2014
Dear Guest,

The Red Roof Inn in LaGrange, GA is pet friendly and pets are welcomed at our hotel. I apologize for any misunderstanding that may have taken place at the front desk. Our employees are here to be of service to our guests especially after your long trip. I am not sure what took place and again I apologize for any less than cordial service. I have noted your comments regarding the condition of our rooms. This is a surprise to myself and team that your room was less than satisfactory. I have addressed this with my team to ensure a similar experience does not happen again. I appreciate your feedback and hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you better in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

We stayed at this location on our drive back from Miami, FL USA to Ontario, CA. We picked this location because it was right off the exit and was easy for us to locate. I really liked that its one of the few Red Roof Inn's that offer free breakfast. The wireless was easy to get on, and we were able to get a room on the ground floor as well which made it easy for us as seniors. The cable selection was also nice as there were many channels available and we were able to find something to watch and relax with.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mark W
ken p, Manager at LaGrange, responded to this review, 12 April 2014
Thank you for staying with us . and for completing the Trip Adviser Review. As the General Manager for the Red Roof Inn in LaGrange, your support and feedback is very important to me Your comments and compliments mean more to us that you could imagine! We appreciate your support. Thank you for taking the time to share your travel experience with us By telling us what you liked . We appreciate you kind comments concerning our staff.

Thank you for your kind words and compliments. It was a pleasure having you as our guest.
Greensboro, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

Ok the reviews are excellent. But I stay in hotels 300 plus nights a year.. and I used to manage a hotel. So here ya go. Fir the Corp rate it was a GREAT deal. I am in the room.. I paid extra for superior king. I get 4 rooms. But my room is what I will review. The microwave refrigerator is dusty. The bathtub filthy looking. Floor in bathroom dirty. Chair with ottoman filthy. Overall look of the room is good. Bed is ..... clean. . They have breakfast. I won't go to it. Not american owned. Sorry I put that for my own reference.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank krystinaking
ken p, Manager at LaGrange, responded to this review, 12 September 2014
krystinaking

I am sorry for your experience with us. I've addressed our management, maintenance and housekeeping team regarding the issues raised in your review and the steps we need to take to prevent this from happening again. Again, I apologize for the issues and hope to have another chance to serve you in the future.
Loudon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

Front desk staff went out of their way to help at checkin, room was super clean and smelled great. Well lit at night and has true truck parking! Pet friendly and located near all food choices and mall.

Room Tip: King bed with flat screen tv
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Tara D
ken p, Manager at LaGrange, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Hi Tennessee Tara,Thank you for staying with us . and for completing the Trip Adviser Reveiw. As the General Manager for the Red Roof Inn in LaGrange, your support and feedback is very important to me Your comments and compliments mean more to us that you could imagine! We appreciate your support. Thank you for taking the time to share your travel experience with us By telling us what you liked . We appreciate you kind comments concerning our staff.

Rock Hill, South Carolina, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

Arrived in early evening, ready to relax. Desk clerk very welcoming, suggested nearby dining and included directions. Close to shopping, pharmacies and interstate highway. Room was clean and comfortable, with good lighting. Plenty of hot water for a long relaxing shower, then three pillows on each of the two beds and we were ready for a good nights rest. Would definitely stay at this Red Roof Inn again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
ken p, Manager at LaGrange, responded to this review, 6 January 2014

NYC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

Went to a reunion at LaGrange College. Didn't make an advance reservation for a hotel, so got stuck with the Red Roof Inn. Saved a bundle: more than half the price of the other hotels at the interstate interchange. The room was pretty shabby but the bed was ok. Only two pillows supplied and tv service was limited and poor. Decor was . . . wait, did I say decor? Look, this is a dated, worn and shabby motel. But we didn't get fleas and no bedbugs. And did I mention we saved a bundle? Yeah, I'd stay again if my budget was limited. Would I rather stay someplace else? Of course. But the staff were friendly and I felt safe. Trade-off? Yup. Make your choice.

Room Tip: All rooms face parking. You might feel safer on the backside away from the highway.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
ken p, General Manager at LaGrange, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Thank you for staying with us recently, and for completing the Trip Adviser Reveiw. As the General Manager for the Red Roof Inn in LaGrange, your support and feedback is very important to me Your comments and compliments mean more to us that you could imagine! We appreciate your support, and look forward to welcoming you back to LaGrange soon.
I assure you we take your comments seriously and I have shared this with my staff. I hope that you will give us another chance in the future. Please feel free to call me at 706-882-9540 ext. 300, if I maybe of asisstance.
LaGrange, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

well kept clean and comfortable beds,rooms are kept up very very well,would recommend your stay at this hotel any day of the week...plus if you like friendliness on top of quality,you should spend your money with things that make you happy. Overall ,i give this hotel a 4star ,compared to the motel i checked in upon my arrival,after my one night stay,sleeping on top of the covers wt my clothes on,trust me this hotel is far beyond a non-comfort...thanks for my wonderful room.

Room Tip: rooms on the south are quieter but i prefer the non-smoking room myself.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business