Lafayette Garden Inn & Conference Center
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Quality Inn(LaGrange)
Rodeway Inn(LaGrange)
View Hotel
All reviewsfree breakfastroom keylooked cleancoffee makerihopwesternmotelinterstategaaccommodationsrates
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 June 2011

This is one of the most friendly and accommodating places I stay on my business travels. Everyone of the front desk personel remember me when I come through the door, and treat me like family. That is extremly important to someone who is away from home as often as I am. I have told all of my friends and family that there is only one place to stay if you are in LaGrange and that is at the Best Western ! Thank you so much for the opportunity to express how I feel.
Richard Davies

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank lionheart-rd
Reviewed 20 June 2011

I can't thank the staff at the LaGrange Best Western enough for all they did for a family member who was traveling via shuttle from Columbus to Atlanta and got sick enroute. He was not a guest at the hotel and they recognized immediately he needed help. They took care of him getting emergency medical attention and helping us help him from miles away. After being released he is spending the night until he can board his flight as originally planned.

Their professionalism went well beyond what one would expect and will make this family Best Western advocates for life. This is what you hear about with sourthern hospitality. It speaks volumes of the staff at this hotel. They have my admiration and sincere thanks.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank NiteOwlMG
Reviewed 13 June 2011

Was looking for a place to sleep for the weekend while attending a realative's wedding. First room had several dead bugs on the floor in the bathroom and the bed room area. Quickly relocated to another room just down the way and it was clean, but the phones did not work and even though it was a smoke free hotel the guest in the adjoining room sat outside their room smoking the entire weekend! Smoke filtered into our room the whole time. Room had updated linens but decor was very dated. Shower had good pressure.

Front staff was either excellent or could not be bothered. One was very helpful the other told me to look the number up my self for the hotel restaurant!

Room Tip: rooms around the pool have updated linens and beds
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 April 2011

If I'm out and about and just have to stay in a hotel, I've never thus far been steered wrong by Best Western. This time was no different.

A good friend of mine and I had been out to Auburn to see some folks we know out there, had a thoroughly enjoyable stay, but by the time we got back on the interstate, we were both tired...and discovered we had a squall-line of intense storms riding our back door, with winds becoming unbearable for driving. Before too long, we started looking for a hotel, and on signs for Exit 18, I saw "Best Western", and looked up their number on my Blackberry. Explained our situation to Terri, the lady on the desk that night, and she was EXTREMELY helpful in getting us accommodated. We were ready to pay full rate, but she reminded me and asked if I'd ever signed up for a BW rewards card...which I had, but had totally forgotten. I didn't even have the card with me, and she went to the trouble of getting my information and looking me up through their computer system, and offered us a much better rate than we would have gotten, and we received a room upgrade!

We pulled in just ahead of the storms, and were looking over the location...ordinarily I'm not crazy about exterior-door hotels, but the Lafayette Garden Inn looked clean, crisp and well kept, and Terri assured us that everything was in order and understood our concerns. We were checked in quickly and efficiently, and got into our room without getting wet, thankfully. We were greeted by queen-sized, pillow top beds which slept like the proverbial dream, the wireless internet service was good and we were able to check back in with our friends, and the bathroom and shower was clean and welcoming after the long ride (PS, if you like your water pressure hard and massaging, you'll like what they have at this BW!). We were given a room on the inner courtyard, which has to be entered by swiping your room key through a reader on wrought-iron gates...we felt very secure and safe after seeing this. With our location, we never heard much of the storm, and slept great.

We checked out the following morning just as quickly and easily as we'd checked in, and had a nice breakfast at the connected IHOP before heading back down the road toward home. Kudos and sincere thanks to Terri and the staff at the Best Western Lafayette Garden Inn for saving our bacon from a dangerous drive, and for being some of the best that hotel service has to offer. Two thumbs up.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank RangerReady
Reviewed 23 March 2011

We chose this hotel as our base for a visit to Callaway Gardens and the Little White House, realizing it was 15-30 miles away. It was conveniently located for that purpose, and our selection of this property was based primarily on the web site description. Unfortunately, it is getting more and more difficult to trust Best Western properties.

About the only plus, other than the location adjacent to I-85, was an IHOP restaurant located just off the lobby. If you like IHOP, this is a bonus. Food and service at the restaurant was excellent.

The facilities are somewhat past their prime. The lobby is nice enough, and there are some thoughtful features like an excellent hot beverage machine (50 cents, but worth it). The interior courtyard was pleasant, and interior rooms opened onto the pool and surrounding landscaping, all in reasonable condition.

Exterior features are somewhat shabby, particularly toward the back of the hotel. Vending and ice machines are either missing or barely operable. Locked security gates give pause to those guests in the exterior rooms - are the interior rooms more secure?

Our room was dated, with peeling wallpaper, chipped paint, broken lamps (apparently intentionally - all the on/off switches were broken off, and all lights in the bedroom were controlled by the switch at the door). There were only two available electrical outlets, both in use.

The king bed was comfortable. The bed had four of the smallest pillows ever seen in a hotel - not nearly adequate for two adults. The bedspread was badly worn. A refrigerator was turned off; though turned on, it never did get cold, in two days. A one-cup coffee machine was available, but supplies were not provided for the second day of the stay.

Water pressure was good in the shower, but there was no shower liner - just a thin curtain that water poured through, all over the floor. There was no bath exhaust. The toilet rocked violently. The minimum number of towels for two people was provided, and less than that for the second night.

TV reception and channel selection were excellent, but not a modern set. Free internet service worked well the first night, but went down the second evening (the front desk advised it was the provider, not the hotel, causing the problem), and was still down at check out the next morning (causing some guests to be unable to successfully complete their check out process).

The room keycard failed to open the door the second evening, resulting in two people with their arms full of bags having to reload the car, drive back to the front desk (quite a distance), and update the card - no apology was given.

Staff were generally friendly, but did not go out of their way to be helpful.

Perhaps a reasonable bargain (just over $70 per night, including all taxes), but other options in the vicinity would have been a better choice.

I can no longer trust the Best Western or Ramada chains - some properties are excellent, but it is too much of a gamble.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple