“The Best Ever !”

Cracker Barrel
Ranked #3 of 27 Restaurants in Lake Park
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

We arrived about 30 mins before closing expecting to find limited food and partial service. We were greeted by a very friendly hostess, had an excellent waitress and all the food ordered was hot and delicious ! Our family was not rushed to finish our meal and that was so appreciated.... We will dine there again !!!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

It was a terrible experience from the get-go. Our waitress came over and asked if everyone was seated yet. We said no, they'd be right back. When they got back she just stood there for a while in the kitchen and looked our way, but never came over to get our drink orders. When she finally came over she decided to do drinks and meals at the same time.

Step aside for a second to another table in our area. A waiter collided with a waitress and spilled water all over a lady sitting down. I don't think the waiter even apologized.

Step aside to yet another table in our area. It took so long for a family of 4 to get their food that when it came out they asked for to-go boxes and didn't even get to eat because they obviously had to be somewhere.

Back to our table. Our waitress came out and told me that my meal only came with 2 sides, not 3. I told her it came with 3, just look at the menu. She brought our food out and I got all 3 sides. But wait, only 1 piece of fish. I asked for the 2nd piece, and it eventually came...after my other food was already gone. I could've done without the food though. It was bland. Bland, bland, bland. No salt or pepper at all. The mashed potatoes were awful. Flavorless to say the least. The fish was unseasoned. The turnip greens were underseasoned. The food was just awful. Needless to say, I won't be returning to this Cracker Barrel.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

This particular Cracker Barrel is located right next to the Hampton Inn where we stayed overnight, so it was very convenient for us. We've eaten at Cracker Barrels all over the country. You know what to expect when you walk in and this one is no exception. Great service and friendly staff makes it one of our favorites when travelling.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Lake Park, Georgia is halfway between my home in Florida and Atlanta where my son and his family live. We have been making the trip for about 10 years twice a year so this restaurant is know to us every few months or so. It is right next door to the hotel we stay. It is a 2 minute walk at best.

The place is nice and the service usually good. That has not changed. In the past, we found the food satisfactory and in particular we like the corn muffins they usally serve free.

Not this time around. The muffins were stale, dry. I ordered roast beef with the sides being corn, okra and rice. The meat was essentially flavorless. I had to put salt and pepper to give it some taste something I rarely do. The okra was rubbery, unedible, The corn and rice were ok.

When paying, the woman asked me how the food was and I told her. She wanted me to talk to the manager. I said no, my feeling being that if the person does not know that the product being served is poor, my opinion is probably not going to help.

I have no plans to return on my way back home.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Our waitress was June, she was very nice. The only issue with her she did not give us any refill's. The meatloaf was not cooked all the way which is not her fault it's the cooks. I really did not enjoy my meal. Maybe she was having a bad day.