“Guest photos for wrong property”
Review of Motel 6 Lake Park

Motel 6 Lake Park
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Lake Park
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I am currently here and booked directly through Motel 6. The photos on Trip Advisor scared me and the reviews were bad. All of the fear went away when I arrived. The rooms have been renovated and are quite modern. Very nice location with restaurants and a grocery store well within walking distance. The pool is very clean and the property is also kept well. Our Maid Stephanie is very sweet and kind and willing to assist with anything you need. Check in was done quickly and kindly. The room floors are wood laminate and there are no musty smells that come with carpeting. Microwave and mini fridge was clean as were the bathrooms. This property is within a half mile of I-75 exit 5. Easy to get to and worth the stay. There is no breakfast and there are no coffee makers or hair dryers in the rooms. Coffee is made fresh until 10: 30 am each day. The photos are not from this property except for the professional photo of the room. I am not sure which reviews to relate to this property but as I am here I am happy to say that it is a nice property for your stay and you will feel welcome. I also see in the address that it is wrong. The correct address is 1075 Lakes blvd Lake Park Ga 31636 and it is exit 5 and not exit 2 as stated. They are currently renovating a separate building but there is no construction noise and when this is finished I feel this property has a lot to offer for the price.

Room Tip: Take a quick look at the property and lay out. There are no carts so if you have a lot of luggage or...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank TJ f
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Lake Park

Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

May 3 my family and I needed a place to stay and most everything was filled for miles. Motel 6 offered a clean room at a fair price ! The staff were very friendly and rooms are recently re-done. I love that there is no carpet in room...makes for a clean stay ! We will be back !!

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

The room we stayed in had badly stained carpet, towel rack falling off, smoke detector hanging by wires, big hole in ceiling above shower and I had to wash off the counter next to the sink before I could set anything on it! We should have left and gone somewhere else, but we were exhausted! Threw the bedspread off and slept covered up with the sheet. Got up early and got out of there!

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank hollyann1
Reviewed 11 August 2013

A good location right off RT 75. The outside of this motel looked good. The cost was about $40 including taxes. Subway, pizza and other food available across the street. The entrance door had no seals. The newer toilet paper holder was installed and left with a large wall cut out on the end. The chairs looked like they came from someone's trash...and needed a good cleaning. The tv was a big old flat sceen. The AC worked.

Room Tip: Food and fuel accross the street. Truck repair facility up the street. Rural area.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Lake Park, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

Dear Buckeyebiker - Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We apologize for the maintenance issues in the restroom and furniture conditions you encountered during your stay. These issues are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6. Please kindly contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Reviewed 30 March 2013

I checked in at 10pm and was tired with a tired child in the car. We got into the room... Nasty furniture, no soap or shampoo. The bed looked decent enough. I went to brush my teeth and the sink shook terribly and lost water pressure. I checked the shower to see if it worked and it did -yay! But the tub was clogged. So I graciously unclogged the hair out of the drain (ew!) and washed my hands with soap I had brought. I settled in for the night. When I opened my eyes at 5:30 there was a roach looking back at me on my pillow. I got up- grabbed my stuff, praying no bugs came with me and left - complaining to the owners who seemed to act like this was all acceptable. I assured them it wasn't and got a refund. I've never had an experience so bad.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank BonnieWoolard
Reviewed 19 January 2013

In a rush with little time to waste, I stayed at this motel for the one and only time. I should have known when the price was so cheap that is was likely bad news. The towels and wash cloths are so thin with several holes that you could probably read through them. The pillows are flat and obviously well used.. But the capper is that I am now treating about 8 bedbug bites from this place. Keep driving for a more pleasant stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 September 2012

They seem to be under some renovation but Far too late for me!
The furniture mismatched and stained, filthy, gray towels, damaged lamps and electrical outlets, no tv remote, broken ice machine, dirty pool, staff cold and unfriendly; Piles of nasty furniture under stairs.
Please note that the Motel 6 was prompt and apologetic. Registered my complaint and said the would launch an investigation. They also sent me a voucher for my stay.
Unfortunately, after that I developed what I thought was a rash or hives, 2 doctor visits plus a dematologist it was determined my home had BeD BuGs!! This disgusting dive is the Onnnnnly way they could have trafficked in.
Don't even pull into the parking lot here to turn your car around!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Best Western Plus Valdosta Hotel & Suites
Kinderlou Inn
Kinderlou Inn
#16 of 33 in Valdosta

Been to Motel 6 Lake Park? Share your experiences!