“WOW!”

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Lake Park
Mccrory Ar
“WOW!”
Reviewed 13 August 2012

It didn't look like the sheets where clean, there was hair in the sink and the shower when we got there, the tv didn't work and the breakfast was horrible. I told the staff after we checked out and they seem like they didn't care. All I can say is WOW!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Tallahassee
Reviewed 5 August 2012

I honestly think they just restock the items in these rooms. No cleaning at all. The sink was dirty, the toilet paper was half empty, and there were dirty rags in the tub! The sheets didnt fit the king size bed and the pillows were smaller than a decorative couch pillow. The minimal English speaking gentleman at the front desk also told us there was a shoneys buffet across the street, when we got there it looked like it was closed long ago- wasting an hour of sleep. Last but certainly not least, the Tv just plain sucked. Older model box Tv with 20 fuzzy antenna channels that the remote did not work for! On our way out I saw a sign for a motel for 39.95 right across the street from this place ($10-$15 cheaper). Probably the same quality. But made me wish I had done more research.
On the other hand, the king size bed was comfy, AC worked, and the complimentary breakfast was decent.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Lake Park hotels

menomonie
Reviewed 17 July 2012

The room we stayed in was very poorly maintained. Smelled so strongly of cat urine that we had to go to the adjacent Dollar store to buy air fresheners, The bathroom was awful, water was leaking from the tub plumbing through the wall onto the floor and could hear it dripping all night long. We stayed at several other Choice Hotel location on the same trip and they were all wonderful compared to this location. It does not meet the quality standards of the brand. The breakfast in the morning was sub-par. It was a busy morning with guests, but when they ran out of sausage gravy the desk clerk just put another can of cold gravy into the warmer without heating it first. Definitely not the best food service practice,

Room Tip: Find a different hotel
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Fort Lewis, Washington
Reviewed 7 July 2012

When my husband and I first arrived, they checked me in and gave us our room we were exhausted and ready to just sit down and relax. We got to our room and it was as if it had never been cleaned.The bedding, sheets were dirty, stained and completely unmade. I walked into the bathroom and there were wet and used towels all over the floor.. it was just nasty. As I walked back down to lobby again the manager gave me a new room as he assured me there was a mistake and told me the room had to have been cleaned. I offered to walk back down there and show him myself.. but he gave me a new room anyway. The new room- was clean and put together.. but if I had seen what I saw when I woke up I would have demanded my money back and left as quickly as came. The sheets and white blanket had huge yellow stains all over them. I had to wait 15 mins for the manager to come to the front desk for me to check out bc she "was washing dishes from the morning breakfast" DO NOT GO THERE!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Davenport, Florida
Reviewed 28 May 2012

The only positive thing - room and beds were clean. Beds were very hard. AC was very loud. Had coffee maker, but no packs of coffee or cups. No plastic drinking glasses. No soap, shampoo or lotion. I don't want to have to leave room to go to front desk & ask for simple amenities that should be in the room. Thin walls - could hear too much from adjacent rooms. DIY car wash facing our door was open until midnight with bright lights and music from cars. Had security chain on door frame, but no latch to fasten it to on the door. We cancelled our return reservation and will go to Days Inn nearby.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Birmingham, AL
Reviewed 26 March 2012

This one is a bit hard to review. On the plus side, the room LOOKED clean. Beds were okay. No phone, but they solved that pretty quickly. No newspaper in the morning, but a better than average breakfast in the morning for free. However, both my wife and I itched while laying in bed, though we saw nothing-- no bugs visible. Finally, we tried to find HBO on their tv -- something listed on their outdoor sign. They said they did not have it; when we mentioned the sign, the employee acted as though she did not know what we were talking about. This Quality Inn is definitely a mixed bag.

• Stayed March 2012
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 1 March 2012

Stayed here overnight on a trip to Orlando. Interior was very dated but clean. Beds were OK, breakfast was pretty good. Good location right off interstate close to Cracker Barrel and several fast food places. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Fairfield Inn & Suites Valdosta
Kinderlou Inn
Kinderlou Inn
#15 of 33 in Valdosta

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!