“I wouldn't recommend to someone who has less then 10 dollars” 3 of 5 bubbles

Shoney's
Ranked #17 of 33 Restaurants in Lavonia
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I wouldn't recommend to someone who has less then 10 dollars”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

It's alright. Not a big fan of Shoney's the Waitress was kinda of unpleasant . Food wasn't all THAT great and yeah I ain't coming back

• Visited December 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank TurtleGuy15

Anderson, South Carolina
“It's lunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013 via mobile

I have ounce here from time to time. I enjoy having a salad and they have salad without stuff I don't want in my salad. I make it myself. And from there to the other food. They have a nice choice of foods to choose from and yes it's comfort food.
So far it's a nice place to eat with nothing fancy. Just a change of pace. I've eaten here for many years and have not had a bad meal and the people are friendly.
So picky people this isn't a 5 star restaurant so chef Ramsey doesn't work here.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Nahunta, Georgia, United States
“Gross”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2013

Food was old and gross, service was bad, employees obviously do not like or enjoy their job...........don't waste your time or money!

Visited June 2013
Lexington, South Carolina
“Made a mistake...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2013

We took a little detour from our route home and were hungry so we stopped in at this Shoney's. I violated my rule of not checking TripAdvisor reviews first, which I could have done on my iphone. I got a bad vibe from the parking lot...weeds growing out of the asphalt, tears in the awning, cigarette butts all over the place. But....we were ready to eat and unfamiliar with the area. Things got worse inside, three or four staff members were huddled together apparently discussing something other than store business. This would have been the time to turn around and leave. Dumb me! We were going to order sandwiches, but they were about the same price as the buffet, so we ordered that. Our waitress was pleasant enough but seemed distracted and obviously wanted to continue her chat with fellow employees. The food on the buffet looked like it had been there a while, but actually most of it tasted pretty good. Unfortunately, the whole restaurant is dirty and run-down. It's actually an insult to what used to be a pretty good chain. The only hope here is to rip the interior out of this place, sterilize it and do a complete remodel. If I were the district manager or franchise holder, we would also start with an entirely new management team and staff of employees. Stay away.

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
“ok food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

love the breakfast buffet! our server was amazing! always like eating at shoneys! still aerage food but a very homey place and we will always eat here for our big family breakfast! I did forget to buy my daughter her fist shoney bear....

Visited May 2013

Been to Shoney's? Share your experiences!