“Uncooperative Staff”

Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Lawrenceville
Florida
“Uncooperative Staff”
Reviewed 16 December 2008

Upon check-in staff member was on cell phone and seemed to be off put by my arrival. Employee was also unable to print me a receipt at check-in when I requested to prepay for my stay. When I brought this to the managers attention she said the employee didn't know how to do it because policy was to not print receipts at check-in? I would think that if a guest would like to pre-pay, the staff should be able to provide a receipt. I guess I'm wrong. .

When I came down for towels a few days later it took 10 minutes for employee to get to the front desk. There was no bell at the counter and when she did finally come to the desk she was again on her cell phone. Very Unprofessional and left a bad taste in my mouth. Rooms were ok at best. The mirror in the bathroom had a crack that was fixed with packing tape and 2 of my 4 days I took a cold shower.

Mediocre at best.

• Liked — Plasma TV in the rooms
  • Disliked — Service
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled on business
3 Thank AngryHands

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Ft. Lauderdale
Reviewed 9 December 2008

Had to make a last minute trip to visit my critically ill sister in GMC and chose this hotel because it was close. My expectations were low but hoped I would find a clean bed and it wouldn't be too unpleasant.

To my surprise, the hotel was exceptional. It is immaculately clean and the beds were among the most comfortable I have encountered anywhere, including many high-end hotels.

I have never even stopped at the free breakfast counter in a discount hotel before but this one was inviting, pleasingly displayed with choices that interested me daily. The marble floors and tables were spotless and there were fresh flowers on the tables daily.

But probably the very best part was the friendly desk clerk. She was so warm and caring and went the extra mile to see that our stay was as pleasant as it could be during a difficult time for our family.

This was my first experience with a Holiday Inn Express; however, if this is representative of what I can expect at others I will seek them out in the future.

• Liked — Staff, cleanliness & comfortable bed
  • Disliked — No complaints
  • Stayed December 2008
1 Thank Cheyennejoy
Johnson City, Tennessee
Reviewed 9 May 2008

My family and I were in Lawrenceville for a wedding. We reserved 3 rooms at the Holiday Inn Express. We were so impressed. The staff was exceptionally friendly. The rooms were really impressive. The guest rooms all have a seperate sitting area. It's more than just a basic hotel room... it's a suite! The breakfast offered was really great. We would highly recommend this hotel if you are in the Lawrenceville area.

• Liked — The staff and the guest rooms were great.
  • Disliked — The pool was scary.
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
Florida
Reviewed 9 October 2007

My husband and I had to make a fast, unscheduled trip to Lawrenceville, Ga., when my sister's hospital stay went from serious to critical. Since we are Priority Club Members, I contacted the hotel's web site before we left home and there were no rooms listed as "available". The hotel was close to the hospital, so after arriving, we stopped by and were pleased to find that they did have rooms afterall. I don't understand why they weren't "available" online. I guess in the case of unplanned stays, it pays to follow up with the hotel itself. The staff was pleasant, although they denied us a hospital rate that was given to another relative during the same week. The room was very comfortable with fridge, microwave, sink and even some paper plates, cups and eating utensils. The breakfast was pretty basic and not as nice as some of the other Holiday Inn Express that we have stayed at and they didn't put cookies out every afternoon like we found at the others, but for this stay, those were small details.

We like the Holiday Inn Express hotel chain and will definitely stay with them again.

• Liked — Close to the hospital where my relative was staying.
  • Disliked — That we were denied a 'Hospital Rate' that other family members were given.
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 16 June 2006

We were pleasantly surprised. Very nice accommodations. Clean as usual with Holiday Inns. The suite was very roomy. I would recommend to anyone. The price was good.
Very good location to food establishments. A very nice staff. It was an enjoyable stay. The hotel looked exactly as it did on the web. I think it has nice curb appeal.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 1 November 2005

This motel was modestly priced compared to most of the others in the area but we were pleasantly surprised by how big our suite was. This suite included to big windows, living room, desk office area, kitchen with wet bar and 2 double beds. Large closet with 2 large mirrors.
Wireless internet worked great also. What a deal!! We will be back.

• Stayed October 2005