“Great hotel”

Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Lawrenceville
Fort Worth, TX
“Great hotel”
Reviewed 27 February 2013 via mobile

Very well maintained convenient hotel - nice staff ... Nice roomy breakfast area ... I happened to be staying during a renovation but other than boxes in the lobby I hardly noticed anything was going on ...

Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank raffin
CSCustomer_Care, Comfort Suites at Comfort Suites Lawrenceville, responded to this review, 28 February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It’s great to see you were able to enjoy your recent stay and experience our wonderful staff. We have recently been making some upgrades and I’m happy to see they have not been disruptive to guests. It was truly a pleasure to have you staying with us. We hope to see you back soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 19 February 2013

I would recommend them to others as they had no glaring weak spots, but nothing special either. Service was fine., both nights.

As other reviews have pointed out, location is good with easy access to 78 and i20.

Overall, the room (king suite) was nice enough. King size bed, sofa, refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker. It was clean, and seemed well cared for. But I'm going to pick nits here.

The coffeemaker was on a stand over the microwave which was over the fridge. This put it at shoulder height for me (5' 10"). If you're short, that's high enough to make it awkward to pour the water into the coffeemaker.

On the TV, they've just changed satellite providers. The receiver is mounted on the back of the TV, and a wire connects the receiver to the sensor for the remote control. This sensor is supposed to be attached to the front of the TV by a small patch of double sided tape. Unfortunately, in our room, the tape had lost its adhesive properties, ad the sensor just lay on the table. This meant that any activity around the TV (e.g. Cleaning) was liable to leave the sensor behind the TV or facing the wrong way, effectively disabling the remote.

Finally, can you really call it a suite if the "wall" between the sleeping are and the sitting area is only about 3-4 feet long? Barely enough to block direct illumination from the lamp next to the sofa.

Breakfast showed some variety from day to day. They had the standard Comfort items plus a little meat to flesh it out - sausage one day, ham the next. Their biscuits were very good.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank tom146
CSCustomer_Care, Customer Care at Comfort Suites Lawrenceville, responded to this review, 24 February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review Comfort Suites Lawrenceville. With your comments we are able to see what we are doing right and where we can improve. I could not agree more that the hotel is in a good location and easy to access. It’s great to see that you have enjoyed our different offerings we have provided during our free hot breakfast. Here at the Comfort Suites we strive to provide our guests with the best experience possible. We will definitely be looking into the situation with the coffee pot and the TV receiver and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience they may have caused.
Thank you againd for your time and we hope to see you again in the future.
Reviewed 4 November 2012

The staff here is very thoughtful & accommodating. I felt they truly cared about ME! Everyone we spoke with was pleasant, kind & genuinely interested in making our stay as comfortable as possible! My mother had flown here to take care of me after my surgery. She couldn't stay at my house because she's allergic to cats. I went straight from my surgery to this hotel & was pampered for the entire 4 days. The staff was wonderful! I wish I knew all their names to thank them personally!

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank JoyLibby
John W, Manager at Comfort Suites Lawrenceville, responded to this review, 27 December 2012
Dear JoyLibby,

Thank you for taking time to acknowledge our staff after your stay at our hotel. It was truly our pleasure to serve you and your mother. I hope you are healing well and are having a great Christmas Holiday season! Tell your mother thank you again for me.

John W
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 September 2012 via mobile

Loved this place! Massive clean and modern rooms and spotless bathroom. Will stay again and again. I have stayed here twice and staff are great. I would only stay here in lawrenceville. Location is good with easy access to 78 and i20. Close to Atlanta as well. Lots of usual shops nearby Walmart and the like. Across the road there are nice restaurants to include an Italian and a chilis

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank GrahamBD80
Dear GrahamBD80,

Thank you for taking time out of you day to write a great review for our hotel. It is always our pleasure to serve our guest as best we can. Our Housekeeping & maintenance staff will love to hear about this!

Have a great day!
Memphis,TN
Reviewed 5 September 2012 via mobile

spent labor day w/end here with family,had an enjoyable stay.staff was accomodating and pleasant,room was comfortable with microwave & fridge .I was pleasantly surprised as this was a last minute booking on a holiday w/end and this was one of few options available.wifi worked great and was able to use their pc/printer for attraction tickets.Only thing missing was a pool fir the kids.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank pae_cyberdude
Dear pae_cyberdude,

Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to give us great feedback from you stay. It is always our pleasure to serve our guest to the best of our ability. We hope to see you and your family on your next trip to the Atlanta area!

Kindest regards,
Calabash, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 2 August 2012

We stayed there one night while passing through Lawrenceville. Our room was immaculate and smelled very nice. It would have been hard to improve on this place. The breakfast was great and the staff was great. I would not hesitate to stay here again. The price was one of the best we had over a three week trip.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bevibbott
Dear Bevibbott,

Thank you for that great review! It is always our pleasure to serve our guest to the best of our ability and after a review like this, it will only want to make us work harder at serving you. Have a wonderful day, and come see us again!

Buchanan, Georgia
Reviewed 20 June 2012

My husband and I have stayed at another Comfort Suites and weren't pleased with the hotel. So, we weren't quite sure what to expect. We booked our room online and wanted a room with a King bed, but they only had one listed as "assisted" King Suite, so we booked it. Upon our arrival, the front desk clerk (can't remember her name) was very pleasant and immediately upon pulling up our reservation asked if we needed a handicapped room. We told her we didn't but that was all that was available when we booked the room. She said she wondered about that, but noticed our note requesting a ground floor room, so she saved a regular King suite for us just in case. This was the first time that someone actually read the note posted on our online reservation! She got us checked in very quickly.

The room was very spacious and clean. The towels, bed linens and bathroom were nice. My husband didn't consider it a "suite", however because it was just a long room with a wall across half the width of the room, which created a "room" for a couch, end table and cocktail table. The mini-fridge and *mini* microwave (very small) were tucked into a little cubby in the hallway, which was kind of disappointing. And the "desk", which we used for our computer was small considering the size of the room and it being a "suite", but we made due.

The breakfast left something to be desired. We got there an hour and a half before they were supposed to close it down and found the availability of food poor. The biscuits were horrible - they were dry and literally hard! I tried to make myself a waffle - they had regular and blueberry waffle mix - but when the machine dinged, the waffle was stuck to both sides of the press. My husband helped scrape it off, but I thought it would still be okay. NOT! It was tough, very hard to cut and very unappealing tasting. The orange juice machine wasn't working and there were only a couple bagels left. When I went to get butter for the waffle, there were only 4 very small packets left, so anyone after me didn't get much.

The hotel did have a sign as you entered the front lobby to excuse their mess as they were remodeling, however, we didn't see any sign of the hotel being remodeled with the exception of an "out of order" soda vending machine in the hallway that we had to scoot around to get to our room. They also had a sign on the door to the back parking lot that the door was out of order and that you had to use the front entrance. This was inconvenient for us as the back door was closer to our room and we had quite a bit to haul into the hotel room. As we were leaving the final day we were they, we noticed several cars parked in the back parking lot and people using the back door despite the fact that the sign was still posted. I'm not sure if they got it working while we were there or if it was working the entire time and no one had taken the sign off.

On the day of our departure around 10:00 am, we were in the room getting ready to leave and all of a sudden the room door started to open. Thankfully, I had put the latch on before I went to bed, otherwise the cleaning lady would have come in to a naked me and husband in his undies!!! She did not knock, nothing, just started coming in. I thought that was quite rude and inconsiderate, but didn't think to say anything when we checked out.

Overall, despite the little stuff mentioned above, I think we'd stay there again. It was in a great location for the event we went to, it was easy to get to, it was clean and roomy, plenty of restaurants, etc. around the hotel and had a friendly front desk staff. There's always going to be little glitches here and there, especially if they are remodeling. We'll give them the benefit of the doubt and stay there again if we're ever in need of a room in that area.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Shawn_and_Vicky
Dear Shawn_and_Vicky,

Thank you for taking valuble time out of your schedule to give us very needed feedback on our hotel. In reading your response, I see we have serveral things to work on improving, and other areas where we need to continue doing well. It is always our pleasure to serve our guest to the best of our ability, and when we have a less than perfect review we take it seriously. Sorry about the breakfast, construction and the back door situation, those too are being addressed. It's good to hear you will give us another chance to serve you, believe me it will be our pleasure to do so!