“Hidden Gem”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I always judge a Thai place by the Pad Thai Chicken dish. This place has one of the better ones I have tried. Very nice service from everyone there and a great menu. Fast and friendly service. Give it a try and see for yourselves.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

We are from New Orleans, but frequently visit my sister off Five Forks Trickum. We often arrive late at night, as we did on this occasion. My nav-device offered a rather thin list of nearby restaurants, and Thai sounded good. Our expectations were low, and we were happily surprised. They took a party of 5 at closing time, and quickly began rolling of excellent appetizers and drinks. Spring rolls, dumplings, Massaman curry, Crab Rangoon, hot & sour soup, Pad Thai (yes, we yielded to the cliche), and much more (everyone was ordering and eating, I have lost track). It will probably be a traditional stop in each trip.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

all the other reviews about the appearance of the restaurant are pretty accurate. the place is dated and has sparse furnishings. if you can get past that, you will be pleased with the food. avg lunch price is $6--for a spring roll, soup and entree (protein, veggies, rice)
give it a try. there is a guy who runs the front of the house by himself. he might be the owner. friendly and nice. i have seen two women in the back preparing food. i have never waited more then 10 minutes for my food to be brought out.

Reviewed 9 June 2013

Agreed: the restaurant is showing its age. The industrial carpet is not new, the tables and chairs are not new either, and they are pretty cheap too. The decorations are sparse and the bathrooms need to be painted, but the food is still pretty darn good. My spouse and I ate there today for the first time since we moved away from the area over ten years ago, and we were quite satisfied with the quality and taste of the food. But it did not seem to be as good as it was ten years ago. Has the ownership or the chef changed???? Nevertheless we would certainly eat here again. The prices are pretty good too.

Reviewed 29 March 2013

We actually went during lunch. As we walked in, the place was very dark. . . no lights were on. The place is very dated and dirty. The staff was really nice, but were occupied unloading food from the back of an SUV. The curry was ok, a little bland. I wasn't really impressed. I've been to much better Thai places locally. A remodel/update would help this place tremendously.