“Not clean”

Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Lawrenceville
Columbus, Ohio
“Not clean”
Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here while looking for a place to stay in Atlanta. We booked a room here because it was affordable and the reviews were good. The check on process was easy and the front desk was very friendly.

We went to the room and the first thing I noticed was that there were heavy stains on the furniture and the carpet but otherwise the room looked clean. The kitchenette had a small frig, but that was okay it suited our needs. Overall I was thinking not too bad. The room needed some updating but not too bad.

We went to the movies that night and came back at 2am in the morning. When my husband went to the bathroom he found a roach crawling across the bathroom sink. Since we were very tired we decided that we would go to the front desk in the morning and ask for a new room.

Later that morning I went to the front desk and spoke to a very nice lady named Janet. She told me that she could move me to a new room but that it would be after noon because they were all booked up. No problem for we decided to wait. I went back to the room and my husband stated that he just killed another roach. At that point we decided to check out. I just couldn't take it any more.

They let us check out early. We were to stay 4 days. We ended up at another hotel that was a lot cleaner.

Janet at the front desk was very nice in trying to help us,but I began to think if one room had roaches then more rooms probably do.

Would not recommend and would not stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank roz4567

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 2 August 2013

I stayed here last few weeks and my stay is awesome.
Room was clean and A/C works good. Kitchen is good and having enough utinsels.
Manager and staff folks are courteous.Bed is comfortable. Nearby nice park and restaurants.
It is nice to spend sometime in the park for walking.

Room Tip: Sometimes during thunder storms/raining, the satelite link goes down.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank KayJai2013
Brownstown Township, Michigan
Reviewed 20 March 2013

I am a firm believer of "You get what you pay for", so I was kind of scared of staying here because of how cheap it was. But the room was nice and clean, it was quiet. I Ioved the little kitchen area, seriously, I pay double at most hotels and NEVER get a kitchen!!! Beds were comfy. Perfect location, there was a gas station right next door we walked to every day of our stay. The only little thing I did not like was to get new towels you had to go to the front desk and exchange your dirty ones. I guess that is smart to keep people from having 30 towels at a time and stealing half though. Overall, I paid less than I ever have for a hotel, and was definitely the most pleased.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Sarah S
mgrmaf, Manager at Crossland Studios Atlanta - Lawrenceville, responded to this review, 22 March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed our clean and spacious rooms coupled with our location.Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Blackstone
Reviewed 19 February 2013

Hotel was dirty, holes in the wall, filth all over the walls behind tables. They obviously do not believe in washing anything down, just spraying something to make the place smell fresh but that wears off quick. They do not give you clean towels unless you go and ask. No attractions around the area. Hotel office not helpful at all. Although pleasant, they just don't know anything. The location is horrible. Trying to get in and out of the hotel was a pain. There is not much to do in Lawrenceville. Not very many places to eat unless you enjoy fast food. Really wasted my money and was disappointed. I will never visit Lawrenceville again, I will stay in Atlanta where there are things to do and places to eat and where hotels are clean and neat.

Room Tip: Stay in Atlanta!
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Lori P
mgrmaf, Manager at Crossland Studios Atlanta - Lawrenceville, responded to this review, 22 February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. The condition of the room you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am meeting with our staff and will be using your review to demonstrate which areas need improvement . We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you bringing it to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at htl@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Travellers are raving about these Lawrenceville hotels

Nashville
Reviewed 23 October 2012 via mobile

Had a one night stay. I needed to check in early at 11:30 and the gentleman at the front desk obliged. I was in room 181. The room was clean and the temperature was comfortable. Having two desks is a plus one for dining and one for my computer. The kitchen is stocked with utensils, cups, plates, and cookware. There was a mini fridge and two burner cooktop. There is also a microwave. Unfortunately dish soap is not provided but there is a Walmart close by. There are plenty of channels to watch. The TV is a flat screen. The bed is a little firm for my taste. Overall a great hotel especially if you are on a budget.

Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
mgrmaf, Manager at Crossland Studios Atlanta - Lawrenceville, responded to this review, 1 November 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed staying in room 181 and that your experience was a pleasant one. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Lawrenceville, Georgia
Reviewed 25 September 2012

I was here for 7 days all i can say is Diana K. from the front desk is amazing. THE BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE I HAVE RECEVID!!!!!! the room overall was wonderfull as well. :) it was very clean, overall i had a great stay at Extended Stay in Lawrenceville i would recomend this Hotel to anyone .

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank alma c
mgrmaf, Manager at Crossland Studios Atlanta - Lawrenceville, responded to this review, 5 October 2012
"It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Economy Atlanta - Lawrenceville. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way"", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Miami, Florida, United States
Reviewed 11 September 2012

these are the best rooms for the price, roomy, easy chair, two tables, two chairs, quality flatscreen tv's, kitchenetes, spaceuas bath, internet for free, two premium movie channels. everything you could want in a room is here. Thank You Dionna for the best service.

Room Tip: many ground floor rooms to choose from with various size beds.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Dale W
"Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Economy Atlanta - Lawrenceville. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lawrenceville
Holiday Inn Express Lawrenceville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lawrenceville
Hampton Inn Lawrenceville
Hampton Inn Lawrenceville
#3 of 11 in Lawrenceville
Crossland Studios Atlanta - Peachtree Corners
Suburban Extended Stay Duluth
Hampton Inn Atlanta - Lawrenceville I-85 Sugarloaf

Been to Crossland Studios Atlanta - Lawrenceville? Share your experiences!