“Dirty, rude, and thug land”

Crossland Studios Atlanta - Lawrenceville
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Lawrenceville
Irving, Texas
“Dirty, rude, and thug land”
Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

I will keep this short and not so sweet. Dirty! God there were food stuck to the carpet. Someone else pubes on my pillow. Roaches took over my kitchen and I just let them have it. The thugs standing outside my room were either asking where they can find weed (as if because im black i should know where the weed emporium is located) .. or they were hitting on my wife. The maintenance guy just walked in on me and my wife while i was hitting it. I feel that was intentional. We only stayed here a week and will never go back. Bright side laura was very nice and helped us find a hotel in Atlanta.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank john_lot
Manager_11525, Manager at Crossland Studios Atlanta - Lawrenceville, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. The situation you described regarding the dirty carpet, linen, and pests in the room is truly regrettable. I am very sorry for your experience.

I discussed your comments with the hotel staff, and we are working to deep clean and inspect all our rooms to ensure they are up to standard. I am also working with the local authorities regarding minimizing loitering outside the hotel. Lastly, I will be speaking to the staff about proper procedure when entering guest rooms.

Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. To discuss further, or if you have any questions, please contact me at zswain@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 25 November 2013

The management office was well staffed and the people were professional. I liked the clean rooms with furniture that were not worn-out. Everything worked in the room and the amenities provided were just right. The location of the hotel was also close to shops and restaurants, and the overall security was good. I'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Adrian T
Eastover, South Carolina
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I made reservation over a week in advance, then called to check that was good.
While eating dinner at 7 pm the night of my reservation, my phone was ringing-ringing-ringing with a number i didn't recognize.
When i returned the call, it was the desk clerk from this hotel, who announced that that they had overbooked, and had no room for me !
She offered me a room 40 miles away and a "sorry".
After a few minutes of scrambling, i found a room at another hotel near by.
The next morning, i went to Crossland, and asked for an explanation.
The manager was nice, and explained that they had several guests who extend their stay, which caused them to be overbooked.
Then she gave me a coupon for a free night at any of their hotels. This salved the wound somewhat on a situation that could have caused me and my family to sleep in the car for a night !

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank dinnertime

Travellers are raving about these Lawrenceville hotels

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here while looking for a place to stay in Atlanta. We booked a room here because it was affordable and the reviews were good. The check on process was easy and the front desk was very friendly.

We went to the room and the first thing I noticed was that there were heavy stains on the furniture and the carpet but otherwise the room looked clean. The kitchenette had a small frig, but that was okay it suited our needs. Overall I was thinking not too bad. The room needed some updating but not too bad.

We went to the movies that night and came back at 2am in the morning. When my husband went to the bathroom he found a roach crawling across the bathroom sink. Since we were very tired we decided that we would go to the front desk in the morning and ask for a new room.

Later that morning I went to the front desk and spoke to a very nice lady named Janet. She told me that she could move me to a new room but that it would be after noon because they were all booked up. No problem for we decided to wait. I went back to the room and my husband stated that he just killed another roach. At that point we decided to check out. I just couldn't take it any more.

They let us check out early. We were to stay 4 days. We ended up at another hotel that was a lot cleaner.

Janet at the front desk was very nice in trying to help us,but I began to think if one room had roaches then more rooms probably do.

Would not recommend and would not stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank roz4567
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 2 August 2013

I stayed here last few weeks and my stay is awesome.
Room was clean and A/C works good. Kitchen is good and having enough utinsels.
Manager and staff folks are courteous.Bed is comfortable. Nearby nice park and restaurants.
It is nice to spend sometime in the park for walking.

Room Tip: Sometimes during thunder storms/raining, the satelite link goes down.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank KayJai2013
Brownstown Township, Michigan
Reviewed 20 March 2013

I am a firm believer of "You get what you pay for", so I was kind of scared of staying here because of how cheap it was. But the room was nice and clean, it was quiet. I Ioved the little kitchen area, seriously, I pay double at most hotels and NEVER get a kitchen!!! Beds were comfy. Perfect location, there was a gas station right next door we walked to every day of our stay. The only little thing I did not like was to get new towels you had to go to the front desk and exchange your dirty ones. I guess that is smart to keep people from having 30 towels at a time and stealing half though. Overall, I paid less than I ever have for a hotel, and was definitely the most pleased.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Sarah S
mgrmaf, Manager at Crossland Studios Atlanta - Lawrenceville, responded to this review, 22 March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed our clean and spacious rooms coupled with our location.Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Blackstone
Reviewed 19 February 2013

Hotel was dirty, holes in the wall, filth all over the walls behind tables. They obviously do not believe in washing anything down, just spraying something to make the place smell fresh but that wears off quick. They do not give you clean towels unless you go and ask. No attractions around the area. Hotel office not helpful at all. Although pleasant, they just don't know anything. The location is horrible. Trying to get in and out of the hotel was a pain. There is not much to do in Lawrenceville. Not very many places to eat unless you enjoy fast food. Really wasted my money and was disappointed. I will never visit Lawrenceville again, I will stay in Atlanta where there are things to do and places to eat and where hotels are clean and neat.

Room Tip: Stay in Atlanta!
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Lori P
mgrmaf, Manager at Crossland Studios Atlanta - Lawrenceville, responded to this review, 22 February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. The condition of the room you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am meeting with our staff and will be using your review to demonstrate which areas need improvement . We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you bringing it to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at htl@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lawrenceville
Hampton Inn Lawrenceville
Hampton Inn Atlanta - Lawrenceville I-85 Sugarloaf
Comfort Suites Lawrenceville
Comfort Suites Lawrenceville
#5 of 11 in Lawrenceville

Been to Crossland Studios Atlanta - Lawrenceville? Share your experiences!