Thonga really is a 5* luxury barefoot beach escape. The food was excellent (thank you Carl) often with great seafood options, usually served outdoors on the decking and the staff were friendly, fun and efficient. We very quickly settled into the lodge's relaxed atmosphere and enjoyed 6 nights of pampering.
The beach is the quietest we have ever visited with only the sound of the pounding surf to disturb you. We walked for miles in both directions and didn't see another person. Sitting on the deck at night looking at the clear night sky, with amazing views of the milky way, was very special.
The spa was wonderful and very reasonably priced.
My husband enjoyed crystal clear diving.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This intimate, luxury lodge is nestled on the pristine coast of Northern KwaZulu-Natal, within the Isimangaliso World Heritage Park. Its clear, warm waters offer superb snorkeling and unspoiled off-shore scuba diving, arguably the best in South Africa. Air conditioned suites, mouth-watering cuisine, romantic candlelight dinners on the beach and relaxing Sea Spa treatments. Guided forest walks, kayaking, sundowners and seasonal turtle tracking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Ebookers so you can book your Thonga Beach Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thonga Beach Hotel Mabibi
- Thonga Beach Lodge South Africa/KwaZulu-Natal