The Old Parsonage
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
The Carpenters Arms(Stanton Wick)
Leigh Farm(Pensford)
  • Bar/Lounge
Valley Farm(Stanton Drew)
Babington House(Babington)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsmarmaladefour poster bedpanelled roomon arrivalb bthe blue rooma grade ii listed buildingpleasant couplehuge ensuitebed was unbelievably comfortablenice pot of teawooden shutterswarm welcomecentury buildingday bedfriendly hostsone night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I only stayed the one night before playing golf at Farrington Park Golf Club which incidentally is 5 minutes drive away. I arrived at just before 8.00pm on the night England played Uruguay in the World Cup and was greeted by Brian who immediately offered me refreshments after my journey. Within a matter of minutes I was seated in the guest lounge area with a pot of tea watching the match on the TV. My room was a spacious double, well furnished complete with an en-suite shower room which was fine.
I requested breakfast at 7.30am which was no problem and retired to bed after witnessing a disappointing performance by the England Team ! The following morning I was greeted by Brian and subsequently met Charlotte, the other half of this successful partnership at The Old Parsonage. Breakfast was excellent with home made bread, bacon, eggs and mushrooms and more tea.
Brian & Charlotte are excellent hosts and The Old Parsonage is an excellent base for exploring the local countryside and within striking distance of many worthwhile sightseeing spots.
The Old Parsonage is a lovely old house on what is described as Main Street but it is now a cul-de-sac and very quiet unless you have a room that is on the side of the new road and leave your window shuttters open when you might pick up on some road noise. I closed my shutters and had a good night's sleep in the Blue Room.
I would highly recommend a stay at The Old Parsonage which is excellent value for money.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Stayed at this B&B a few weeks ago and can still remember the experience, really nice hospitality from the welcome (tea and biscuits) to breakfast the next morning. Amazing history of the building, and traditional décor.

My only negative was I didn't have access to a bath and it was a little chilly during the night.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2323charlotte, Owner at The Old Parsonage, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Thank you for leaving a review, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay.

I am sorry that you would have liked a bath. We have some rooms with bath and some with showers but once a room with a shower is booked, there is no access to a bath.

With reference to it being cool at night, in June we do not have the central heating on but every bed room has spare blankets and an electric fire for use by guests in case they are cold.

In spite of the above I am pleased you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I booked an overnight stay at short notice. What a pleasant surprise! The room and facilities were excellent, in beautiful surroundings. My room was large, comfortable and furnished with traditional antique furniture. The hosts were friendly and helpful. Beautiful gardens. Also great value for money.
Steve Ruffles

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 June 2014

If you want a great B & B within easy driving distance from Bath, Bristol, Wells and Glastonbury this is the place for you. The hospitality provided by Brian and Charlotte is exceptional. The building is17th century which has been lovingly restored. Rooms are very comfortable with en suites. We had a 4 poster bed for our 4 night stay. Each morning breakfast was freshly prepared with home made bread and an assortment of fresh alternatives for the meal. Really excellent! The weather was brilliant whilst we were there so for two evenings we had an al fresco picnic in the garden with local produce and wine purchased from the local Farrington farm shop. Brian and Charlotte brought us plates, glasses and cutlery.
Parking is easy although you have to trust your GPS to find the entrance

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2014

My wife and I enjoyed a three night break to explore this lovely part of the country, we couldn't have chosen better! A beautiful old house with masses of history with large and comfortable rooms. The owners were welcoming and very kind and helpful. The breakfasts were excellent with lovely homemade bread to accompany.
There are several good pub/restaurants nearby that had good food that was reasonably priced and if you are so inclined two golf courses on the doorstep.

Heartily recommended. Thank you Charlotte!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple