“Best BB & Hosts! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Old Parsonage

The Old Parsonage
“Best BB & Hosts! ”
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

My small family and I had our trip abroad cancelled. Our last minute decision to visit Bath instead, turned out to be a wise one.
This gorgeous, sunny and friendly BB completely turned around our holiday cancellation blues! We've had a gorgeous breakfast cooked for us all three mornings.
Our fussy eater of a 3 yr old devoured each meal.
The lovely couple who run the BB have an eye for detail. The place is quirky, clean and oh so beautiful. From the lovely gardens around it, to the perfectly quaint bedrooms.

We had a four poster bedroom with a single bed for our son and a huge walk in bathroom and giant tub, flat screen TV in the room and plush pillows for everyone!

This home was everything we had hoped for. With only a short drive from Bath (which was gorgeous btw) and a bus or short drive to Bristol...this BB was just what we were looking for.

We cant wait to come back!

We will be recommending this lovely home awat from home to anyone wanting a country retreat.

Thank you!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
London
Reviewed 7 July 2014

The Old Parsonage is a lovely house; Charlotte and Brian are welcoming hosts - especially with the tea after our long journey!
They only offer a few rooms in accommodation here and this gives you the feeling that you have the place to yourself - it's so spacious. Our room - and the adjoining bathroom was huge... as was the breakfast the following morning!

Room Tip: Red Room was very pleasant
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Redruth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I stayed one night and was astounded at the beauty and comfort of the house and room. My room not only had a large and wonderful bed and plenty of (antique) furniture, but it also had a sofa, a little table and stools for eating your own food. The latter thoughtfully placed, as across the hall was a kitchenette and spacious toilet/bathroom/shower room, both private to the bedroom I was appointed.

The evening was cool and the room large but Brian and Charlotte had provided a little blow heater for the room which warmed it to cosy in a very short time.

Charlotte and Brian are caring and friendly hosts. Brian made me a special gluten free loaf in case I wanted it at breakfast. There was plenty of delicious breakfast, cooked to order. I had been greeted on my arrival with a pot of my favourite tea and a gluten free chocolate fudge cake - just the job after a 3+ hour journey.

The Old Parsonage is Grade 11 listed and had been visited by King Edward VIII. All the details are in a folder of photos of information which Charlotte shared. I can't wait to have a reason to go there again and would recommend it to anyone. I agree with the comment about shutting the window's wooden shutters to get a quiet night if your room is on a certain side. Wonderful.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Bournemouth
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I only stayed the one night before playing golf at Farrington Park Golf Club which incidentally is 5 minutes drive away. I arrived at just before 8.00pm on the night England played Uruguay in the World Cup and was greeted by Brian who immediately offered me refreshments after my journey. Within a matter of minutes I was seated in the guest lounge area with a pot of tea watching the match on the TV. My room was a spacious double, well furnished complete with an en-suite shower room which was fine.
I requested breakfast at 7.30am which was no problem and retired to bed after witnessing a disappointing performance by the England Team ! The following morning I was greeted by Brian and subsequently met Charlotte, the other half of this successful partnership at The Old Parsonage. Breakfast was excellent with home made bread, bacon, eggs and mushrooms and more tea.
Brian & Charlotte are excellent hosts and The Old Parsonage is an excellent base for exploring the local countryside and within striking distance of many worthwhile sightseeing spots.
The Old Parsonage is a lovely old house on what is described as Main Street but it is now a cul-de-sac and very quiet unless you have a room that is on the side of the new road and leave your window shuttters open when you might pick up on some road noise. I closed my shutters and had a good night's sleep in the Blue Room.
I would highly recommend a stay at The Old Parsonage which is excellent value for money.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Stayed at this B&B a few weeks ago and can still remember the experience, really nice hospitality from the welcome (tea and biscuits) to breakfast the next morning. Amazing history of the building, and traditional décor.

My only negative was I didn't have access to a bath and it was a little chilly during the night.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2323charlotte, Owner at The Old Parsonage, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Thank you for leaving a review, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay.

I am sorry that you would have liked a bath. We have some rooms with bath and some with showers but once a room with a shower is booked, there is no access to a bath.

With reference to it being cool at night, in June we do not have the central heating on but every bed room has spare blankets and an electric fire for use by guests in case they are cold.

In spite of the above I am pleased you enjoyed your stay.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I booked an overnight stay at short notice. What a pleasant surprise! The room and facilities were excellent, in beautiful surroundings. My room was large, comfortable and furnished with traditional antique furniture. The hosts were friendly and helpful. Beautiful gardens. Also great value for money.
Steve Ruffles

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 13 June 2014

If you want a great B & B within easy driving distance from Bath, Bristol, Wells and Glastonbury this is the place for you. The hospitality provided by Brian and Charlotte is exceptional. The building is17th century which has been lovingly restored. Rooms are very comfortable with en suites. We had a 4 poster bed for our 4 night stay. Each morning breakfast was freshly prepared with home made bread and an assortment of fresh alternatives for the meal. Really excellent! The weather was brilliant whilst we were there so for two evenings we had an al fresco picnic in the garden with local produce and wine purchased from the local Farrington farm shop. Brian and Charlotte brought us plates, glasses and cutlery.
Parking is easy although you have to trust your GPS to find the entrance

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
#1 of 2 in Holcombe
The Old Priory
The Old Priory
#1 of 2 in Midsomer Norton

Been to The Old Parsonage? Share your experiences!