Comfort Inn & Suites Lithia Springs
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
US$101
Hotels.com
All reviewscracker barrelcheck in was easyfridge and microwavesix flags over georgiaga
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We are a military family that travels often . We are not travel snobs by any means. I have attempted to resolve our issues that night , afterwards via email and calling and have gotten nothing back but what seems to be an automated dismissal response. So we decided to try and help others better spend their money. We stayed over the 4th of July holiday to celebrate at 6 Flags. We first were not given the room/bed count we were promised at booking. Tried to make the best of it. Having paid additional for a suite, we expected to be able to use all advertised sleeping options. We know sofa sleepers are not known for their comfort but this was the worse we have experienced. the mattress was a little more than 2 inches thick , with coils popping up past the top and dirty linen left on. Even our 6 year old was too heavy to sleep on it comfortably. There was another sleeping option eliminated. We went from 2 double and sofa sleeper suite to a King and sofa only....no sofa sleeper. There was no way the 5 of us were fitting on the supposed King sofa. Sending the boys to the bed to relax until we could get things figured out , they noticed multiple large cigarette burn and holes in the comforter....even after we requested non smoking since our son has severe asthma. we pulled the comforter off to find the blanket under was full of holes as well and was also ripped and torn . it was the old knitted kind that unravels . We were frustrated to say the less. It was 4th of July night and we were missing our planned activities trying to arrange sleeping . We asked front desk to correct the issues while we were out for the evening. We returned at 10pm with nothing fixed. My husband inquired at front desk to be offered only clean sheets (which were stained with something) and another blanket if we wanted. There was nothing else available for our rate which was a military of $99 ....so it was not cheap . We were fed up . NOt wanting the boys to see us complain and ruin our weekend, we ran across to Walmart and bought a queen air mattress and new sheets .. Having a King size bed at home, we knew the bed in there was not a true King. We place the queen air mattress over it to gauge. Sure enough, the queen air mattress was slightly larger than the bed. Neither night was the front desk occupied each time we passed. We called many times to not get answer. I went down about about 11 on Saturday night asking for quarter for the quest laundry and the night clerk was no where to be found. When he did come up, after my announcing myself many times, he was totally rude and seemed very annoyed that i interrupted him. he never spoke to me once during our exchange. Over all , had management returned my call like I requested and cared enough to speak to me personally about the issues, we would have gladly chalked it up to an off day for the hotel. However, seeing the reviews on here and how they are dismissed , I am very disappointed . Customer service and cleanliness in the hotel business is EVERYTHING . Country Inn and Suites Six Flags, we have fallen far from the mark . We hope our review teamed with the reviews below will help families know where to best place their lodging money .

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
CarlsonRezidor, Online Support Specialist at Comfort Inn & Suites Lithia Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We regret to hear about your disappointment in the room you received. We apologize that the room you received was not able to accommodate your family properly. We attempt to fulfill each of our guest’s requests to the best of our ability. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inns and Suites by Carlson standards. Prior to your next stay, we welcome you to contact us so we may discuss your accommodations in detail.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

This is an average hotel.....not great, nor is it bad. It is clear that folks who choose to stay here are budget conscious as the rates are outstanding.

We stayed here two nights for the purpose of going to Six Flags over Georgia and the hotel was sold out both nights. The hotel is in an ideal location for visiting Six Flags (one exit away from the park) which makes access to the park extremely easy. The hotel appears to be sparsely staffed which could be be an issue if you have a problem. We had a suite room which was clean and very suitable for our purpose but the king bed was uncomfortable. My kids enjoyed the indoor pool and spa. The hotel is very close to decent restaurants but there isn't much to do nearby except visit Six Flags. The free breakfast was somewhat disappointing but understandable given the price point of a stay here. If you are looking for a value hotel near Six Flags, this hotel is a good choice.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank David8675309
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I generally try to always book Country Inn and Suites for the consistency of always making my family and I feel invited and comfortable. Sadly, this visit was everything except pleasant. First, I booked two rooms for our family and one other we were traveling with. They put us on separate floors even though I booked a month in advance. Second, our room was disgusting. There was mold in the restroom and blood on the sheets where my kids were supposed to sleep. I called the front desk several times; no answer. I visited the front desk; there was a note saying that the attendant has stepped away. We ended up just stripping the bed and using the reserve blankets so my children wouldn't be sleeping in someone else's blood stained sheets. Next, there were no towels at the pool and the hot tub was gurgling due to not having enough water. The morning shift staff was superb and breakfast was good! That was nice. I explained to the front desk girls what had happened and they were empathetic. When I arrived home today, I realized hat my son left his memory foam pillow at the hotel. This might not seem like much to you, but to a 5-year-old, his special pillow is his everything. I've tried calling the hotel for an hour and 45 minutes with no answer. I'd really like to speak to someone to see if we can get his pillow back and I'll even pay for shipping. However, no one will answer the phone. I'm so disappointed with this visit. Mostly because I feel let down by the company.

Room Tip: Don't stay in room 107
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank LoveUFLoveFLA
CarlsonRezidor, Online Support Specialist at Comfort Inn & Suites Lithia Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inns and Suites by Carlson standards. We want to also apologize that you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments so we can continually improve our services. We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

If you would like to discuss your stay further you may contact a customer care representative at 1-800-967-9182.

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

My family and I booked a non-smoking suite on the second floor. The moment we stepped into the room it was obvious that guests had smoked in the room. Cancelled reservation due to the over powering smokey smell. Hotel needs some deep cleaning which is obvious from the entrance to the room. Would not recommend for those who haveaversion to smoke

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank jeff b
Jeremy T, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Lithia Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! I apologize for the smoky smell in our room! Unfortunately, we can't always control when people smoke in our non smoking rooms. I assure you we have treated the room, and resolved the issue. Hopefully we will get another chance to prove to you that we can exceed your expectations.

Jeremy Thomas

Reviewed 16 June 2014

As we walked toward the front door I noticed an abundance of cigarette butts outside one of the windows with tobacco stains on the window screen. The hallway toward our room reeked of smoke (in a non-smoking hotel.) The wireless internet didn't work in our room and although the desk lady fixed it on my phone it failed to work again when we came back from dinner. During the night the room got extremely warm and nothing helped the air conditioning system. The sheets were evidently too small for the bed since both my husband and I found ourselves sleeping directly on the mattress. Then the next morning, as we were dressing to leave for a reception, we found the hair dryer didn't work. It took between 45 minutes and 1 hour to get the replacement. No, we don't plan to stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Try somewhere else
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Delynsmom
Jeremy T, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Lithia Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. We will use this information to fine tune our operations so upon your next visit we can exceed your expectations!