“best value in atl”

Red Roof Inn Atlanta East - Lithonia
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Lithonia
Reviewed 26 March 2014

rooms are clean they smell good had room 205 the tvs they have a full lineup of directv not just the usual 50 or so but the whole thing was nice to fall asleep with rfdtv on like at home the elevator is clean and doesnt feel unsafe the breakfast is good as well

if u dont like cereal go 300 feet across the road there is a super Walmart and taco bell
feeling adventurous hop on the bus out front that takes u right to Kennsington station and take the train downtown

i cant find anything wrong with this hotel the showers are perfect as well beds are so comfy best ive found so far
saff is spot on with service and they also have a shuttle if you work for swift u can take a 34 reset here in style

Room Tip: you can hear some traffic on the right side rooms nothing the tv wont drown out during the day night...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Kamini P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Atlanta East - Lithonia, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write us a review on Trip Advisor regarding your stay at Red Roof Inn Lithonia.
I am always pleased to hear that your stay went well and that you were able to enjoy all the amenities offered by us. I was also pleased that you were able to locate other venues to keep yourself busy during your stay.
We appreciate you sharing your experience and suggestions with others and we will continue to strive for excellence in customer service.
Your kind words will be shared with our staff.
Thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn Lithonia, it was our pleasure to serve you.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

I dealt with the owner of the hotel Kamini. She was a very sweet and kind woman, with a lot of knowledge and a very strong customer service base. She answered every question i had and directed me to the rooms with such care. The rooms were beautiful! Very clean and well kept you could tell the person who manages the property take very great care of it! The floors were swept the beds were made with no wrinkles I felt like I was walking into A Double Tree or a Hampton. I would highly recommend staying at this Red Roof Inn!

Room Tip: Every room they offer is a great deal! You will not be disappointed!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Kamini P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Atlanta East - Lithonia, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

I would like to thank you for taking the time out to write a review on tripadvisor.

It is always a pleasure to hear that our guests have enjoyed their stay with us and view us so highly in our customer service.

I will share your comments with the rest of my team and again, thank you for your kind words.

As always, we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Red Roof Inn, Lithonia.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

As I laid here in this dank,rundown hotelroom I found it my obligation warn other users of tripadvisor of this scam of a hotel. Everything about this place screams ghetto and depressed. From the moment you park your vehicle to the moment you regretfully force your head to relax on a pillow, you know you made a mistake. As you walk up to the entrance threshold, the hotel greets you with a cracked awning and tore up floor. As you enter the building another hotel greeting is provided...the musky smell of tobacco smoke and some other type of smoke. The staff behind the desk glance up then look back down as their sign of acknowledging your presence. After bathing in the smoke filled hallways on the way to your room you open the door to find filthy carpets that most wouldnt dare place their barefeet on. The rooms are so packed that there is probably single digits of squarefootage free space. The door to your bathroom is in actuality a sliding closet door that barely hangs on its rollers. Dont expect to close it all the way as well. The toilet in the bathroom is so tiny it looks as though it was taken out of an elementary school. You have to literally search to find a power outlet.

Lastly, the reviews that shed a positive light on this shoddy establishment are false; if not fake. You can't possibly have such a dichotomy of experiences in a place that boasts 'success'. Tripadvisor staff: please re-evaluate this place as your name is being tarnished with the red roof inn placing your sticker on their front door.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank rangerjazzy
Kamini P, Manager at Red Roof Inn Atlanta East - Lithonia, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear valued guest,

First of all I would like to apologize and thank you for your feed back on your recent visit to our Red Roof Inn, while it is most important that your comments of unsatisfactory are addressed. In
response about the canopy, one of our truck driver guest hit the canopy and we are waiting for the claim adjuster to come out so that it can be replaced. Our location is currently undergoing renovations, we are currently in the process of renovating the lobby, we ordered furniture as well as the carpets and wood flooring. We continue to serve our guest more comfortably and with quality service so that their stay at the Red Roof is a most rewarding, enjoyable and
comfortable stay. The staff here at the Red Roof Inn are hospitable and maintain courteousness along with great customer service and if you had notified the front desk about any of your concerns, these issues could have been resolve immediately. Our electrical outlets are visibly underneath of the night stands and/or top of the desks. There are time released air fresheners mounted all over inside of the building so that odors are kept to a minimum. Smoking rooms are located on the third floor of the hotel. We don't tolerate smoking in any other parts of the hotel only inside of the rooms of the smoking guests and outside of the building on the right hand side by the ash trays.Some of our "smoking" guests bring the smell of cigarettes in with them and out of common courtesy we spray our lobby so that our "non smoking" are not affected by the smell. We do apologize for not meeting your expectations at the time of your visit, However, we would like for you to come back again after our renovation is complete.

Sincerely yours,

Kamini Patel

Reviewed 10 March 2014

We chose this hotel based on TripAdvisor's great reviews. It was number 4 on the list of hotels in the area. Clearly this is due to false reviews. The moment you walk in your greeted by a person behind a half built half broken front desk. It smells weird and as you look over to their "lobby" where they serve a complimentary breakfast you remind yourself that Mcdonalds serves breakfast until 1030. We traveled all day and so decided that it can't be thaaat bad for one night. Wrong. The room is dirty, out of date, has stained carpets, dirty broken bathroom door, gross oompa loompa sized toilet, only 2
tiny tiny towels, the a/c front fell off when my husbands knee barely hit it, broken dresser, no bath tub (shower only) which I wouldn't complain about if it was clean and the shower door didn't hit the toilet in the closet sized bathroom. Need I go on? Unless this meets your standards do NOT waste your money! Can't stress that enough!

• Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank peanutbrittle1988
Kamini P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Atlanta East - Lithonia, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2014

Dear Guest,

I would like to begin with thanking you for taking a moment in writing a survey, we appreciate the time it takes for individuals to do so. I had the pleasure of reviewing your comments on Trip Advisor but am confused on the comments that were made as they don't seem to describe our facility.
Initially, you chose your particular property based on reviews and how it was ranked. You mentioned the property you had chosen was ranked #4 on Trip Advisor, but our Red Roof Inn is rated #3. Then you proceeded to mention that the individual that greeted you at the front desk was behind a "half built half broken" front desk, which clearly doesn't describe our facility when you walk in.
If you have a moment, I would like to discuss your stay further in more detail, we pride ourselves in providing the best customer service to each of our guests, as well as, having our facility look its best at all times.
I would again like to thank you for taking the time to write us and I look forward to speaking with you personally.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

Had a great experience with Diane, she was very helpful. I will visit this hotel again. The rooms were (hotel) is very close to the walmart, and one exit a away from a major mall. All tvs have hi-def.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Kamini P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Atlanta East - Lithonia, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out to write us a review on Tripadvisor. We appreciate your comments and will share them with the staff, as well as, Ms Diane.

We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Lithonia GA. This year we have great changes coming up and would love to share them with you and your family.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

We live just about 3 miles away from Red Roof Inn Lithonia. The ice storm was coming and we wanted to be sure that we would be warm during the entire storm. So, the husband decided to book a room for two days at Red Roof Inn Lithonia. Everything was wonderful. Now, we know where to go for just a little relaxation.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Kamini P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Atlanta East - Lithonia, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2014

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time out to write us a review on Tripadvisor.

It is always a pleasure to accommodate the needs of our guests, especially during this past storm when individuals were stuck on highways and couldn't get home.

I was also very pleased that you and your guests enjoyed your stay with us, I will share your comments with my staff and as always, we look forward to seeing you again at Red Roof Inn Lithonia.

Again, thank you for allowing us the opportunity to have you as our guest.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

My company got me his room because they have room for truck parking (like 2 if your lucky). Check in was simple, and even tho they were busy checking in a group they realized I wasn't part of them and checked me in with almost no wait. The room is an average room. Now the TV, that's a different story. It's nice to see someone actually take advantage of a high def TV. So many channels to choose from all crystal clear. The bathroom has only a shower but it's oversized and has room enough for 2 ;-). The bed was comfortable and made for a restful sleep. There is a Walmart across the street and several restaurants within walking distance. Now to breakfast. My wife said to not be negative about it but I have to say something. There is nothing saying that a hotel MUST provide a breakfast, so anything is better then nothing right? That being said breakfast consisted of Eggo waffles and coffee. Sure the had other things out but nothing looked appetizing. The part that really got me was the audacity of the person doing the breakfast to put out a "tip" basket and right where the prepackaged rolls were. Tip you for what?!? I stayed at a place the other day where they made eggs to order, I tipped because he was providing me a service beyond what was expected, yet you expect the same for no service at all. For shame. Would I stay here again? Sure, the TV alone demands that. So if your passing thru this isn't to bad a place, you could find better I'm sure, but you can also find worse.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Kamini P, Owner at Red Roof Inn Atlanta East - Lithonia, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Good afternoon Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for the time you had taken out to give us feed back and that is greatly appriciated by the owner and staff, so we can immprove in our service.

I did read in your review that you had enjoye our verity of channels on the Tv, cleaningness of the room and the shower. For Breakfast comments per our county rules we can not cook here since we do not have commercial kitchen but we still try to provide best for our guest. For the tip bowl I all reeady talk to my employee not to put there so you want have any issue in the future.

You been working with company local here so I am sure you going to pass thru here again, If ou do so please look for me or ask for me I would like to speak to you in person.

Thank you again for you feed back and looking forward to see you in your next visit.

Sinscerly,

Kamini Patel

Owner/GM

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lithonia
Hyatt Place Atlanta-East/Lithonia
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lithonia/Stone Mountain
4 mi away
Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta East/Lithonia
4 mi away
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta East-Lithonia
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta East/Stonecrest
Quality Inn & Suites Decatur - Atlanta East

Been to Red Roof Inn Atlanta East - Lithonia? Share your experiences!