“An OK property but over priced”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta East/Lithonia
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Lithonia
Reviewed 7 November 2013

For the second night of our journey Eastward to Myrtle Beach, we stayed here in Lithonia. Check-in was simple, fast and friendly. We had requested a lower floor reservation but decided to go up this time. No problem, we were offered several rooms on the fourth floor and chose 428. It turned out to be a good choice. The room was fine; clean, cool and everything worked, even the old CRT TV. When will they get rid of those dinosaurs? Still, the room had everything we needed and the AC unit hummed along perfectly.

After settling in our room, we had some refreshments, went out to eat at a local Zaxby's then returned and retired for the night. Great bed, plenty of pillows and all bath equipment functioned properly.

Breakfast the next morning, the routine FI fare was fine. We did not go hungry there. In closing, you may wonder about the "average" overall rating. That was given due to the $111 price tag (including taxes) for the room. I know location matters but that rate is simply too high for this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank lonestarlizard

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Family Reunion was held there in July. The room was clean but the toilet was low. It was a strain on my knee so I should have requested a handicap room if they had any available. The bed was very comfortable. Very accessible to I-20. Shopping center adjacent to hotels is nice and convenient. Also there are strip malls and restaurants in the area. Ice machine was broken on second floor so had to go down to first floor. Our family reunion was given a price break. We ended up being charged $99.00 per night which was great.

Room Tip: Don't forget to request a handicap room if you have any health issues.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Beverly B
Joshua L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta East/Lithonia, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Ms. Beverly B.,

Thank you very much for your kind words about the staff during your recent visit to our property. They will be delighted to know that they exceeded your expectations. We all hope that we will have the opportunity to host your family reunion again in the summer of 2014.

Thank you again!

Joshua Lasster

Reviewed 3 September 2013

First, the employees here are great, especially the front desk...so it is hard for me to write a bad review for a hotel - but I check this site for business travel, so I wanted to help out other Marriott members....this is not a good hotel. Sorry ..but I stay in Fairfield Inns, Springhill Suites, and Courtyards every week, and this is probably the worst Marriott brand hotel I've stayed in in recent years. It is dated (old school big bulky t.v.s, worn out looking furniture, loud air conditioning, a couple floppy pillows on the bed..looks like all the furniture is hand me downs from other properties that have been renovated)....it is in desperate need of a makeover. Additionally, there is no market - so there's no snacks or food options if you check in late. I have no idea what restaurants are nearby, but the immediate area has just a few hotels, and not much else....kind of dark and desolate... It is probably fine if you are just going to pass out immediately....but yikes, I am kind of shocked that Marriott hasn't spruced this property up, at least to help out the employees who have to work 2x as hard to make up for this jenky hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank KBoogie

Dear KBoogie,

I thank you for you very candid feedback about the hotel. I am very pleased to know that the staff was able to meet and exceed your expectations during your recent visit. Additionally, I am very excited to share with you an update about our upcoming rennovations. We will not only be updating the decor of the hotel but will be receiving a complete face lift to our public spaces inside of the building. This will include a market for midnight snacks. Along with the completion of updates to all of our bedding in the rooms. We will also have upgrades in the rooms to include new flat screen televisions.

That all being said I personally invite you to visit us in the spring of 2014 once renovations have been completed.

Please feel free to contact me to arrange your reservations at 770-484-9993 x 500

Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to making future reservations for you.

Joshua Lasster

Reviewed 8 August 2013

I am currently staying at this property for business. This hotel has aged and is in a need for a refresh, we are required to stay here for work though our corporate office is moving and we have more options downtown starting August 2013.

The workers are what make the difference, they are helpful and seem to enjoy their jobs. Check in was a breeze even arriving very late at night. They always say Hi, ask if there is anything you need help with and offer up ideas for close restaurants and other options.

The entrance and hallways are pretty nice, the rooms definitely could use some TLC or even a refresh and hoping for future guests that one is in the works. Paint job, carpet cleaning, etc..

The hotel sits on the mall perimeter and is one of four hotels in a row with a fifth fading/never built. All I believe are owned by the same company so many brands to choose from. Not sure if one is better than another, but the Holiday Inn Express is the newer of all four.

I wish I had some tips for new guests, but the hotel is just ok and really needs some work to bring it back up to the standards it was years ago when it first opened.

Room Tip: High floor, elevators tend to be loud, stay one side or the other to avoid noise.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Joshua L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta East/Lithonia, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2013

Dear Randy S,

Thank you for the feedback that you have provided. We enjoy feedback from our guests so that we may continue to provide excellence service. I was very happy to hear that the staff has taken such good care of you during your recent visit. Additionally, i wanted to provide an update for you about upcoming rennovations. We are slated to begin late october and should have a completely updated look by the beginning of 2014. I truly hope that you will be able to come and visit us again after the update.

Kindest regard,
Josh Lasster

Reviewed 2 June 2013

Recently stayed at this hotel (again). Forgot how convenient the hotel is to the greater Atlanta area, but especially good if you want to get "around" Atlanta, especially if going east on I-20. Morning traffic in Atlanta is terrible so we normally try to get "through it" and this hotel is a wonderful stopping point after fighting Atlanta traffic. Hotel is relatively new; very clean; very quiet (even though close to I-20); and the staff was very accommodating. Beds were every so comfortable....just plopped into bed after a 10-hour drive...heavenly! This is now our "go-to" hotel on the east side of Atlanta.

Room Tip: All rooms are good so can't really recommend anything special.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 May 2013

Checked in after midnight for a quick two night stay. Room was clean, thermostat was broken with a note to use the controls on the window unit directly. Well they did not work right so I never got the air to work right or cool the room.

Property is starting to show its age though the front desk does try its hardest.

I would stay here again(since we are required based off policy from our employer) but would definitely be more harsh with the front desk if I had any room problems.

Not sure what else to say, basic Fairfield property that just needs some TLC.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 April 2013

This is a place I have stayed before and enjoyed, this time there were too many of the Marriott basics missing to be acceptable. I travel over 300 nights a year and am certain that Marriott Corporate would be amazed at what I saw this time. The hotel is clean and rooms very nice , the troubles were in the handling of booking and the breakfast offerings. First lets discuss the breakfast, the first morning, was a Tuesday, there were no scrambled eggs or fruit. I questioned the lady working the room if they had more eggs coming out as it was only 8am, not time to be closing the room, she told me no they didn't have eggs. I asked if they did as the pictures on the wall some eggs and I know they offer them. She finally said they had a "surprise weekend" and had none. This was on Tuesday, not sure the connection to the weekend. Wednesday morning back to the same room, still no eggs, or oatmeal either today!! This is really unacceptable for a place of this quality. They should have dealt with this if the problem was really from "the weekend".

Biggest problem was Wednesday when I had renewed the room that morning for one more night. Had keys remade, confirmed with the desk I would be checking out one day later, no problem she said. I had driven 2 hours to a business meeting only to receive a call at 2PM that I needed to return to change rooms!! They had oversold the suite rooms she told me and I had to change rooms!!! I was forced to cancel my meeting a drive back 2 hours, upon arrival they tell me not to worry that the room was okay for me to keep. I questioned why no one called to tell me, could not get a real answer just some excuse about the computer not allowing the first person to make the switch. I would expect them to have made that night free after all these mistakes and the fact I had to cancel a meeting and drive back in the middle of the afternoon. I will follow up with Marriott at a corporate level if necessary on this as it is so out of line for they to treat a guest this way.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lithonia
Hyatt Place Atlanta-East/Lithonia
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta East/Stonecrest
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta East-Lithonia
Courtyard Atlanta Conyers
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lithonia/Stone Mountain
Red Roof Inn Atlanta East - Lithonia

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta East/Lithonia? Share your experiences!