“SO DISGUSTING.....NEVER AGAIN WILL I EVEN STAY HERE”

Knights Inn Lithonia Atlanta East Area
Knights Inn Lithonia Atlanta East Area
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Lithonia
Reviewed 27 February 2010

My family and I had just driven several hours and we were tired so we decided to stop at Motel 6. I stayed in the car with my daughter while my spouse checked us in. Where do I start:

#1 There were roaches in the room.
#2 The bathroom was not clean and had no toilet paper on the roll. When we requested toilet paper, we were told to come down and get it ourselves.
#3 The curtains did not close and as soon as we got in the room people were walking by staring in the room.
#4 The manager not only looked unprofessional with her shirt unbuttoned halfway down her cleavage for the whole city to see, she was very rude and professional suggesting that we could not get our money back.

After changing rooms twice, I just said the hell with it and checked out and stayed at the Holiday Inn Express down the street.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
5  Thank Trenia

Reviewed 22 February 2010

While traveling from Baltimore, Maryland to Fort Worth, Texas, I had the opportunity to stop the Motel 6 (Budgetel Inn & Suites) at 2859 Panola Road in Lithonia, Georgia. I had been traveling for around 12 hours and because of wintery weather further west on I-20, I decided to get a room for the rest of the night. I checked in late in the evening and was given room 104. After unloading my luggage from my vehicle, and carrying everything to the room, I immediately took a shower and prepared to get some sleep. I sat on the side of the bed and pulled the bed spread, blanket and sheet down. I was horrified to see a very large blood stain on the sheets. I pulled the bedding back up and immediately saw that the blood from the sheets had soaked through both blanket and bed spread. I had not noticed this when I first sat on the bed. It was obvious that this room had not been cleaned and the hotel had no business allowing anyone to stay in it. I got dressed again and went to the office to report the incident. Had I not been as tired as I was, I would have demanded a refund and left. However, I was exhausted and needed to sleep. When I got up early the next morning, I went back to the office and was able to report the incident to the hotel manager. While he was very apologetic, I felt that an incident such as this should have never happened. I was assured that the cleaning staff would be dealt with accordingly. This disgusting incident aside, here were some other issues with the room. The window curtains didn't close all the way. There was a large gap that allowed a view directly into the bathroom. The AC / heating worked but the units plastic cover was falling off. There was less than a half roll of toilet paper with no other extra in the room. The remote was disgustingly dirty. Lastly, there was hair on the blanket in the room they had moved me to. I never expected fancy amenities but I did expect a clean, comfortable hotel. Beware! SPEND A FEW EXTRA DOLLARS AND STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE! Had I seen the other reviews for this hotel, I would have kept driving. I will find as many hotel review sites as I can to report this incident. I am also sending a complaint letter to their corporate office.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank Bob309a
Reviewed 18 March 2008

Dirty. When going to lobby for coffee, doors were locked and I was waved away by an employee in lobby. People were up and shouting all night long. Never stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank ccates
A TripAdvisor Member
New Jersey
Reviewed 5 January 2006

One motel I will never recommend to anyone is Motel 6 located on Panola Road off the I 20 in Lithonia, GA. The outside appearance is appealing but it lacks cleanliness and the simple everyday comforts that you look for in a room away from home.
I booked online and received a confirmation number, before leaving New Jersey. I was not looking for somewhere fancy, just clean and tidy, but after a 17 hour drive, we arrived at the motel around 4:00 a.m. and they were unable to give us the room we requested. They had overbooked. (They explained this was their custom). At that hour, we received a room without a refrigerator or microwave but most of all a bathtub that did not function well. The dirty water will not flow off, so after the first person used it, you had a choice of either going to bed how you arrived there, or stand in the stagnant, dirty water to take a bath. To make matters worse they were also short on towels, so we were given some washcloths to try and take a bath with the promise,later that morning we will be given bath towels.
Later that morning they changed the room, but we had problems with the refrigerator which they corrected, and we also had problems with the bathroom sink, which I discovered had a slight choke. At that time, I was so frustrated that I was more inyerested in getting out of there.
All in all, this hotel needs a complete makeover. I suggest a complete power wash of the dirty walls, a system to remove garbage off the premises, new beds since we had beds with the insides falling out, and a complete make over of the bathrooms. I give this hotel a one star. It is the pits.

10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member