“Loved the new rooms!”

Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Locust Grove
Englehart, Ontario
“Loved the new rooms!”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I stayed here with my husband and our golden retriever on our way to Florida in November of 2013.
The rooms are what they call the 'Next Gen' rooms and they are quite pleasing. I really liked the dark 'wood' flooring and the idea that the carpet is only near the door area...really nice for those of us travelling with dogs.
The bed was very comfortable and the shower (with its rain-fall shower head) was quite a treat!

Restaurants, gas bars and convenience stores are all within walking distance for all your travel needs. Apparently the Tanger Outlet Mall is extremely close too! (something my hubby forgot to mention that to me when we were there)
Close to the interstate so getting 'back on the road' is a breeze.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GilnJo
Mlassiter, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Locust Grove, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Thank you for choosing the Red Roof NextGen rooms while traveling in November. I am glad that you brought your "best friend" with you as well. Just so you know for next time Tanger Outlet has over 70 stores including Coach, Old Navy, Under Armor, Nike, Polo, etc. and it is located right behind the property. Thanks again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you in the futures.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Monee, Illinois
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I stayed here with my husband and 2 kids on our way down to Florida in October. After reading numerous reviews online I decided that this hotel would work best. Apparently it was newly remodeled and clean. I found the complete opposite. The elevators and hallways were filthy. We got to our room and I was not impressed. It was super tiny. Barely room for the 4 of us to move around. We got there late so as soon as we arrived we went to get some dinner (there are not many dining options) and then came home to get some rest. The following morning when I woke up I realized there were ants crawling along the baseboards, behind the mirrors, around the door, up the corner of the wall, around the windows. They were everywhere! We finished getting ready and quickly left. Upon checkout I was asked how things were and immediately told them about the ants. The girl at the front desk seemed to care less. I was told that maintenance would spray them. I of course filled out a survey they sent a day later and put in about the ants. They responded by telling me they would give me a credit of $10 for sleeping in the ant infested room. Here I am 3 months later and have never received any sort of credit from Red Roof. I do not recommend staying here unless you plan to pack some bug spray. I have noticed more recent reviews with the same ant problems!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank TriciaJG
Mlassiter, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Locust Grove, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
I am so sorry about your experience at our hotel. Please rest assured that we have a pest eliminiation company that is aggressively taking care of the ant issue we have had the hotel. The ants are coming in due to all of the rain we have had this year. I will look into the other issues you mentioned. Please feel free to contact directly.

Greentown, Indiana
Reviewed 23 December 2013

I picked this hotel because it was located where I wanted to stay and because they are pet friendly. Alicia at the front desk was extremely friendly and helpful when I checked in. The room was very small but adequate for our needs. I liked the wood lament floors instead of carpet. The bathroom was wonderful. The open air feeling of the shower was relaxing. The bed was comfortable, not too hard and not too soft. Just a good mattress with support. This was not an upscale facility. It was a nice room, for a nice price, for two people and a cat. And sometimes, when one is traveling that is really all you want a place to shower and a comfortable bed. The morning staff were just as friendly as Alicia.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much for taking time to tell others about your experience at our NextGen Red Roof Inn. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you had excellent customer service. We look forward to seeing you again on your travels to the Atlanta area.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 17 December 2013

I first stayed in this hotel in 2011 on my way from Chicago to Orlando and was really impressed by the new, modern look. Hardwood floors and modern sink and rain shower, although it is odd not to have a shower door or curtain. I stayed again in 2012 and had the same experience. This year, however, I had a totally different experience. The management of this hotel has let it turn into a dump. I stayed in room 110 on 12/11/13 and the floors were dirty and I saw a few ants in the bathroom near the shower. I didn't let it bother me as I was easily able to kill those I saw. However, when we stayed on our return on 12/15/13, I was put in room 216, which was totally infested with ants. I saw at least 100 of them in the bathroom, was able to see them crawling on the floor outside the bathroom and even saw a few on the sheets when I pulled the bed spread back. I was traveling with a dog and was not about to have him sleep on an ant infested floor. I went down to the front desk and demanded to be moved. Fortunately, room 202 was fine. I didn't see one ant in the room, but moving from one room to another at 1am was not what I really wanted to do.

One other thing that bothered me, is that the dog potty area has holly plants that are poisonous to dogs in it. So much for being pet friendly...they're apparently trying to poison dogs.

I will never stay here again, if I pass through that area again and will spend the extra $$ to stay at the La Quinta, across the parking lot, which my friends who stayed there, said was very nice and clean.

Room Tip: Check room for ants!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Mlassiter, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Locust Grove, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Dear Loyal Guests - I am so sorry that you encountered ants during your stay with us. I am glad that we were able to accommodate you in a different room so that you could have a restful stay. I was totally unaware of any plant on our property that was not pet friendly. I will definitely have this removed immediately. We have an extensive service agreement with a pest elimination company and they are aggressively taking care of any ants. Again, I am very sorry for your inconvenience during your last stay with us, but I hope you will reconsider our hotel the next time you are in the area.

Pompano Beach, Florida
Reviewed 15 December 2013

What a nice new face for Red Roof. Alicia the desk clerk was very pleasant and helpful. Bed, very comfy, pillows, nice, rainshower, great! I liked the no carpet except the small area by the door, I wasn't sure how I would but was very pleased. Upscale look that the pictures do not do it justice. I'll be BACK!

ONE suggestion... Need a sign out by the gas station, by the road. I could see the building and ended up in the outlet center behind trying to find the way in. Not a bad thing, I went to the outlet mall while I was there.

Room Tip: I only stayed in one room but I can't imagine any of them would be any different. I was on lower...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
redrfgm, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Locust Grove, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Thank you so much for choosing our hotel during your recent travels. It is the new face of Red Roof and the brand is making many changes to the properties across the nation. If you are looking for other places to stay with a very similar look, just check out the Red Roof website and look for "NextGen" or the new Red Roof Plus is coming. Look forward to seeing you again. Have a Merry Christmas!

Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Desk Clerk was on phone with AAA when we arrived for check-in. A Guest had locked their keys in car. When call completed he was very apologetic and we were checked in with no problems. Rooms are compact but updated. The wood lament floor was a surprise as this is the first hotel I have stayed in that was not carpeted, nice touch since it was clean and not stained as some carpeted rooms are. Downside, only two bath towels and we all know how small most hotel towels are. The morning coffee is brewed then placed in the thermal pots so it was not as hot as it would have been had it been left sitting on warmer. Will stay there again if the need arises. Great price and VERY comfortable bed.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Mlassiter, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Locust Grove, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to let others know about your comfortable stay at our hotel. We would be more than happy to provide you with extra towels, just give us a call. Again, thank you and we look forward to seeing you again.

Illinois City, Illinois
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Check-In was smooth, the attendant was sitting watching television about to have dinner when I approached the counter, she came from the breakfast area and checked me in. The lobby area was clean with the carpeted area in need of a swift vacuum. Off to my room, the elevator smelled a bit of smoke but upon exit it dispelled. Entering my room was uneventful, it was a double queen which was orderly, nicely appointed but dusty likely from non-occupancy, otherwise no complaints. No foul or off odors. I am highly ocd, the smallest thing can turn me off and away, that didn't happen here. There is a train that run through Locust Grove which rattled my bed a bit but otherwise it was quiet and I was able to rest peacefully throughout my stay. Microwave/fridge/wifi included in the cost and the television had plenty of channels to keep me entertained when needed. There's basic breakfast items available between 6-9 AM, I am not a breakfast person and didn't take advantage of that. There is a safe provided as well. The cost was excellent, $54/night with no surprise charges upon checkout including the safe. I felt safe in the hotel/area at all times of day/night, no pool but definitely still worth staying. I enjoyed my stay, highly recommend and would definitely stay again. My only complaint would be the rain shower head, I would prefer a regular shower head, there's no bath tub.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Mlassiter, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Locust Grove, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful review. I know that you mentioned the train, and for those train enthusiast, Locust Grove, GA now has a train viewing platform in the downtown area. If you are able to stay with us again, we do have a few standard tubs in rooms with the 2 beds. Just ask upon check-in and we will be glad to accommodate you in that room. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to your return.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Locust Grove
Super 8 Locust Grove
#6 of 9 in Locust Grove
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, McDonough
Best Western Mcdonough Inn & Suites

Been to Red Roof Inn Locust Grove? Share your experiences!