“Outstanding”

Price range: US$10 - US$21
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 November 2013

This restaurant is distinctly New Orleans. The food, service and atmosphere was outstanding. My husband and I went for his birthday. I will warn if spicy food is not your cup of tea you won't like this restaurant. We got the fried spinach for an appetizer and I had blacken red fish on white rice, topped with a spicy sauce. It was great. My husband had shrimp with grits. His was very delighted with the meal.
We will definitely eat there again.

There are newer reviews for The French Market and Tavern

Reviewed 21 October 2013

But if you have all the time in the world and just want to hang out and chat, then this the right place to be.

Everything in this restaurant was very good, EXCEPT service. We went today, Sunday, for brunch. It took them 20 mins. to seat 7 of us even when there were LOTS of empty tables. When we got seated, it took another 10 mins. for the waiter to get our order. So we made a point to give our food and drink orders altogether. I'm just surprised for the restaurant to be under staffed on a Sunday, knowing that there's also a private group in their private room. But the food was superb.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

What a cute place! I saw the billboard on the highway and decided to stop for lunch. Avoid the outlets and go straight to The French Market and Tavern. Great selection, delicious food, perfect service! I had an amazing salad, the choices are many so it was hard to choose! If you love sweet tea, this one is extremely sweet so ask them to mix half sweet, half unsweetened. Deserts looked amazing but I was good and avoided them. Can't say I will have the willpower next time!

Reviewed 25 September 2013

We went to the French Market to try it. It was recommended by family and they just raved about the food and desserts. We got the Trilogy. It has gumbo, red beans and rice, jumbalaya, sausage and bread, We loved the atmosphere and food. Our waiter was very attentive and courteous also.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

My mother and I rode over to Locust Grove for some birthday shopping and to have lunch at the French Market. I had heard so much about the place and couldn't wait to try it. We found a parking place right in front and went into the charming little store that is in with the restaurant. The staff was very friendly and our meal was delicious. I had the chicken salad and enjoyed it very much. I have to say that we had a bit of car trouble while we were there and the staff bent over backwards to help us. The manager and the servers could not have been nicer. I highly reccomend this restaurant.