“Absolutely superb B&B in Chattanooga, TN”

Chanticleer Inn Bed and Breakfast
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I just returned from 2 nights at the Chanticleer. Sits on top of Lookout Mountain, just about 600 feet from entrance to Rock City. Beautiful masonry style buildings with just blooming spring flowers and trees all around. The room itself was comfy-cozy, the bathroom was just the right size for the two of us. In the main building is a living room that I wish I could say reminded me of home, and the breakfast each morning was more than we could even dream about. First thing we said to each other when we left was "we're coming back". Neve, Kelly and Julie are just some of the staff that we interacted with and they were amazing. They made our trip to Chattanooga more enjoyable.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room #8, but from what I've seen, any/all of the rooms would be scrumptious.
1  Thank 2maryann

Reviewed 29 March 2014

I took my husband to the Chanticleer Inn for a surprise birthday weekend getaway. This was our first stay at a B&B. This Inn has really set the standard for us. Everything about the experience was great including the location, staff, room, amenities, common areas, etc... In addition, the beds were very comfortable, the entire room was spotless, and it was well-decorated and modern without compromising the original charm of the 1920s décor. A week later my husband is still raving about the overall experience. We definitely recommend this property and will return again. I almost forgot, a personal note and birthday treat was in the room for my husband when we arrived.

1  Thank Traveller M
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I have just returned from a brief stay atop Lookout Mountain at the Chanticleer Inn. I had stayed here a few years ago and finally got a chance to return. It is a lovely inn, just across the street from Rock City, with inviting grounds and an old English country inn atmosphere. My room was charming and just right for one person. The common areas are oh so comfortable. The living room with fireplace was a great place to relax and read. The outdoor firepit was a wonderful place for a late afternoon cup of coffee and a visit with other guests. The breakfast was outstanding. Fruit, yogurt with all sorts of toppings, juice, coffee cakes, tea and coffee, breakfast burrito stuffed with ham, eggs and cheese, and cheese grits combined for a sumptuous start to the day.

All of the staff were friendly and accommodating. The room was spotless, including the bathroom, and the common areas also were neat, clean and very inviting. I would definitely return and hopefully for a longer stay. Thanks especially to Julie and Kelly for making me feel like a guest in someone's home.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank LindyLou2013
Reviewed 21 March 2014

My husband and I stayed in room 12 at Chanticleer on Tuesday night, and this is our new favorite B&B--and we've stayed in many. The cluster of old stone buildings (from the 1920s) is utterly charming. We loved the little curvy stone staircase leading to our room. The room itself was pretty and well appointed. Inside the lobby desserts were set out (yummy peanut butter cookies!) along with hot coffee. The staff is very friendly and welcoming.
The skies were cold, gray, and gloomy for our visit, but the fireplace in the room and the firepit outside helped immensely to warm us. We took long walks around Lookout Mountain admiring the views and the interesting architecture.
Breakfast was a treat; the dining area delightful.
Arriving home I discovered that I'd left my favorite slippers behind in the room--and the wonderful owners have informed me that they're already in the mail.
I highly recommend this inn if you love character and charm!

Room Tip: Room 12 was spacious and pretty, but has only one comfy chair (and an additional hard straight backe...
Reviewed 18 March 2014

The facility was very clean and the staff members were very friendly. Words cannot explain how wonderful this place was, you have to experience it! When you go make sure to watch the squirrel during breakfast, very entertaining.

Room Tip: We were in room 16 close to the road and we never heard any noise from the road.
1  Thank Ronald M
Reviewed 14 March 2014

We booked a last minute room the day before our arrival and chose the most economical option which was room #7. We were greeted warmly by Kelly and found our room to be clean and ready. I would comment that room #7 is advertised as one of their smallest rooms. For one night it was o.k., but I would suggest you spend the $$ and get a larger room. For almost $200 total it was a little overpriced. This room is part of the original Carriage House. We could hear the couple in the room next to us talking and could also hear their water when being used. We enjoyed borrowing a DVD from their large movie collection to watch in our room. We also enjoyed our wine and their freshly baked cookies by the open fire pit in the evening. Breakfast was pancakes w/or w/out pecan topping and sausage entrée with other options (fresh fruit, yoghurt, coffee cake) provided on a sideboard in their lovely sitting room. Delicious. We’d highly recommend dinner at the Café on the Corner on Lookout Mountain. Great Southern style entrees. The Inn’s setting on Lookout Mountain is beautiful. In reading past reviews I believe that "KellyGirl" had her room numbers mixed up. There is no steam shower in Room #7.

Room Tip: Examine their website's Room Comparison page.
Reviewed 12 March 2014

The facility was immaculately clean and well decorated. It felt very southern and classic without seeming old and stuffy. Breakfast was excellent, Staff was friendly and helpful. You can't go wrong staying here.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lookout Mountain
Comfort Inn
#36 of 96 in Chattanooga
Hampton Inn & Suites Chattanooga / Downtown
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chattanooga Downtown

Been to Chanticleer Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!