“Wonderful Stay”

Chanticleer Inn Bed and Breakfast
“Wonderful Stay”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We truly enjoyed our stay at this Bed & Breakfast. The room was lovely, the staff friendly and setting charming. The breakfast was exceptionally good and the homemade treats in the evening were delicious!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
Gallatin, Tennessee
Reviewed 3 July 2014

My wife and I came to celebrate our 19th wedding aniversary. This was our 3rd visit here and is still great!!! Top Quality all around! We stayed in room #5 which was a King Sized Bed. It had a fire place, small frige, coffee maker, cd player, bath robes, and a tub with jets. You are welcomed with cookies and treets which were great. The court yard is beautiful! They have a pool witch is also great. Lot's of pillows and the bed was great in this room!

They had a buffet table with toast, fruit, and cereal at breakfast which runs from 8:30a.m. to 10:00 a.m. They also serve fresh orange juice, cranberry juice, and coffee. The hot breakfast was probaly my biggest dissappointment. It was a pastry puff type of breakfast casserole. It was not that bad, but would have enjoyed a choice of some bacon/sausage and egg.

Room Tip: All rooms seem to be great from what I have experienced! All are different, but all are GREAT!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our time at the Chanticleer Inn. The staff was friendly and the food delicious! We arrived in time for the afternoon treats and enjoyed the homemade treats everyday along with yummy breakfast offerings. The rooms were clean and well maintained with all of the furnishings in keeping with the Old style feel of the Inn (We had Room #9) Sitting outside and enjoying the quiet mountain atmosphere was just what we were looking for. And I loved the plush robes that were provided so much I had to buy one to take home with me! We look forward to going back in the future.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

From the moment we arrived we were made to feel welcome. Oliver showed us around the property and was helpful in getting us settled in. We had a nice relaxing evening and a delicious breakfast was prepared in their beautiful kitchen. We had a lively conversation with other guests and then walked across the street to Rock City. Lots of anniversary celebrations were happening - June brides?...

Our room and bath were spacious, clean and well appointed. No complaints.... This is an old motor court which has been completely redone and has been a bnb for many years. It appeared that the entire facility was upgraded recently as all furnishings, bedding etc were top notch.
There are about 20 rooms and a bit busier than most bnb's we have stayed in but no complaints. There is a pool on the property and the grounds were lovely and inviting.

Room Tip: Room one was nice.... only one adjoining room so it was quiet.
Augusta, GA
Reviewed 1 July 2014

This bed and breakfast is located directly across the street from Rock City, a magnificent tourist attraction in Lookout Mountain. We had Room number 14, and it was huge with a new steam shower and close to the office and eating area. The staff was welcoming, and the room was very clean. There was a coffee pot and refrigerator in the room as well as a big tv with a dvd player. The breakfast was excellent, and there were cookies and snacks out in the evenings. There was a small fire pit surrounded by comfy chairs to have a good talk and share some wine or whatever. You can eat breakfast outside if you prefer. All in all a very quiet and pleasant hideaway. We loved the fact that it was so close to Rock City.

Room Tip: 14 was large and had a new steam shower
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My husband and I planned to break a 'picking-up-at-camp' trip in the Chattanooga area, which is more or less halfway between home in Mississippi and camp in North Carolina. We couldn't find a place in Chattanooga for the dates we needed, and remembered seeing Chanticleer Inn at Lookout Mountain, Georgia. I inquired about staying, and the staff couldn't have been nicer. My scatterbrained self had to call and revise the dates, because, apparently, my reading ability died when it came time to figure out what day we were picking up our twin girls. Again, the staff was lovely. Once we arrived, we were treated to an array of tea and sweets on check-in, took a relaxing swim and got a recommendation for dinner in the area. Slept beautifully and woke up at dawn to begin our trek to Asheville (and back again). Our girls were thrilled with pullout beds in room 11 (a king suite with a locking bedroom door, and an available adjoining room) and slept well. Breakfast was a treat! We were well rested and set for a long drive home, thanks to wonderful innkeepers, sweet staff members and a lovely establishment. The landscaping is attractive and the overall setting of the inn is peaceful and pretty. Yes, it is across the lane from Rock City! but that's only a plus -- you never feel like you're next door to a tourist attraction. Thanks, Audrey and Rob, for a great respite from a roadtrip!

Room Tip: Ask questions when you call or email, and give them info about your preferences. Each room is comple...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We found this place on TripAdvisor. I read all the reviews, looked at all the pictures and devoured the website. I was skeptical but hopeful. My husband and I just got back from the Chanticleer Inn and had such a wonderful time. In fact, we still wake up each morning and say "I wonder what the Chef is serving today" as I throw some Eggos in for the kids. :) Such a lovely, charming place with great service and delicious food from breakfast to the cookies and goodies they put out at the end of the day. We stayed in Room 12 and loved it. It was nice sized and well decorated. I took a few pictures to give me ideas for my own home. The grounds are immaculate and lush, the Inn and cottages are darling and even nicer in person then they are in the pictures and the pool is so refreshing after a day of hiking followed by sitting around the fire pit. Truly, picturesque and ideal. This place exceeded my expectations and I would recommend it to anyone. Do yourself a favor and book your room today! Oh - restaurants we enjoyed are Talus on the mountain, Cafe 7 for lunch at Lover's Leap in Rock City (food was fine but view was great), 1855 Grille at base of mountain was delish and Public House in Chattanooga. We did not have a bad meal. It was a great visit. We will be back.

Room Tip: Room 12 was great! We chose it because it was a little away from everything else and more private...
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lookout Mountain
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,235 reviews
The Read House Historic Inn And Suites
Fairfield Inn & Suites Chattanooga I-24/Lookout Mountain
Hampton Inn & Suites Chattanooga / Downtown

Been to Chanticleer Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!