“Delicious, inexpensive and enjoyable”

Sea Belle Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 11 Restaurants in La Mercy
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I have been to this restaurant 4 times previously, all for business lunches.
Last night we went again after a 5 year absence.
Dinner was as good as I recall.
We shared a mutton curry and a prawn curry. We each had a soft drink.
Salads , pickles and rice were included. We ordered a naan bread and 2 poppadums.

Our waitress Shereen was attentive and really most efficient. Our food took 15 minutes as it was freshly prepared.

The music was a blast from the past; 60's and 70's. provided a great ambiance

Dinner cost less than $30 for 2 excluding desert and alcohol. A great deal.

Will definitely return as soon as back in the area.

2  Thank Earle W

Reviewed 24 January 2014

Even on a quiet Tuesday lunchtime, it has its own character. Mistake to order for all three of us a hot prawn curry each,at R140, one between three would have done, medium or mild would have allowed the taste of prawn to come through, but the doggy bag can service another couple of suppers at home. Wine fridge surprised the staff by being kaput, so no corkage for the cold bottles we had cleverly left in the car. It's a unique experience, and I won't comment on what the atmosphere might be like on a Saturday night, as that was 20 years ago.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

A down to earth restaurant operation run by the family.Do not go here if you expect haute cuisine or 5 star service.Its an original Mom & Pop operation that serves good food at affordable prices.Its a fair drive out of Durban but worth it if you dont expect airs & graces

1  Thank Bredenoord
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Boiled frozen tastless prawns in a hot chutney is what you can expect. The tables were dirty - had to move chairs around to find a half clean table. I have pictures of the dirty table cloth that I can upload. Warning to Tour Operators: Not a good venue.

2  Thank Yuri932
Reviewed 27 December 2013

The Prawn Bunny Chow is outstanding! I like spicy food, so the "hot" is what I order. My kids are happy eating the "medium hot". The sauce is quite sweet which offsets the spiciness nicely.
They don't like to serve Bunny Chow as a sit down meal, they normally need to be ordered as a take out.