“Delicious food good service”

Madison Chop House Grille
Ranked #3 of 57 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

We live about 25 miles a away so we do a special trip when we eat here. We had lunch at noon on a Friday and it was very busy with groups of. 6 or more in the dining room.

We were seated quickly and our server came right away to take our drink order and meal selection. We did have a. 20 minute wait but that was expected. I had a special flat bread with cheese and slice of tomato heated. Very tasty. The other members of the family had a salad with peach dressing chopped nuts and 6 good thick sliced of chicken. Both were excellent

They do not run a reduced price special. You will pay $10 to $15 on any order including lunch. The place is so busy with locals they do not need to reduce prices to draw people in. The server was also very attentive. You will definitely enjoy your meal there.

2  Thank Blacksoup

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Stopped in for a quiet bite while traveling. Service was good and food was excellent. Portion size was quite large and tasted great. Location was convenient for parking and a nice walk by several small shops. Downtown Madison is very lovely.

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Had a delicious lunch while visiting Madison for the day. They offer outside dining as well as a nice indoor dining area with a pub feel. The service was wonderful & prompt. We tried the appetizer sampler that included fried green tomatoes. I wish there had been more of them as they were the highlight of the sampler. Tasted the grilled peach salad which was on special - the peach dressing was sweet and complemented the salad very well. I also tasted the buffalo chicken sandwich which has just the right amount of heat. If you are looking for a place to dine after the self-guided walking tour you won't be disappointed!

2  Thank travelgirl315
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

I've been living in Madison about 3 years now and I've been looking for a fav steak house. I have to say their steaks are great. They have plenty of other great items from chicken to lasagna. Great setting and friendly staff. A must try while in Madison.

1  Thank drm3636
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I'm from south Florida... I manage a restaurant... Our waitress Harley was great! She warned me the full rack of ribs were huge but I had no idea how big...omg...THE BEST RIBS EVER AND MY BROTHER AGREED...EVERYTHING WE ORDERED WAS GREAT... ONLY COMPLAINT WERE THE 2 elderly ladies behind us who chatted nonstop about murder ...obviously some local gossip...otherwise great! Loved it so much my bro bought a t shirt...Harley is a gem...everyone should be so happy when serving the public!!!