“Only if you are poor and desperate....”

Deerfield Inn & Suites
Deerfield Inn & Suites
Ranked #7 of 7 Madison B&B and Inns
Bowling Green, KY
“Only if you are poor and desperate....”
Reviewed 29 May 2011

Well, I will agree with the reviewer that said the staff was friendly. Also, I will say that there was new carpet and what seemed to be a new bed. Otherwise, this is NOT a newly remodeled hotel as the advertisement states. We asked for one of the "new" rooms specifically and what we got was a room with an old couch covered in stains and cigarette burns, no microwave or fridge as stated in the ad, old, falling apart furniture and an awkwardly "redecorated" room that looked like it had been decorated by a drunk person! Holes in the wall from poor construction and nothing really matched at all. Neither the phone or alarm clock worked at all. The pool was green and looked like sludge! Had it not been for the fact that we just needed a place to crash for one night on our way to Myrtle Beach and the fact that the bed seemed really clean and comfy, we would have left. This place is like the twilight zone for real! I didn't see even one other "guest" the other people there looked like they lived or worked there. Scary!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank heatherbug24

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Reviewed 30 April 2011

If the toilet worked. If the bed had sheets. If the holes in the wall had been properly patched. If the clock and telephone worked. But no.

• Stayed May 2010
1 Thank EOsha

Travellers are raving about these Madison hotels

Georgia
Reviewed 7 January 2011

Excellent rooms this was formerly a Holiday Inn then briefly a Red Roof which was evidently what caused it to fold.... Now The hotel is a 3 star with DAILY upgrades happening. For example in our stay here management repaired the free wifi, added HBO to the TV and installed guest washers. The rooms are extremely clean and the rates are very low 30-35 per

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank samuel54
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 25 October 2010

I stayed at the Old Red Roof Inn in Madison Ga, It has re-open an now its called Deerfield Inn, I stayed there for a total of 3 nights,It was very quiet i got the rest i needed its was in a great location close to alot of restaurants an in walkin distances so dat was a plus the room was nice & clean no bed bugs u can see the changes dat have been made at dat location,The staff there made u feel at home very friendly,the front desk clerk was charming an helpful,Will i return "Yes" I enjoyed my stay there!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Madison, Georgia
Reviewed 14 May 2010

The room we were assigned on our first night there was not clean. They had trouble finding our reservaton because they are not on computers. We left to hike and came back on the second day and our keys would not work. They had come in while we were gone, without our permission, and took our things to another room - although they forgot some in drawers. This room had not been cleaned from the last guests. We were told to wait in the lobby until they cleaned it and that was over an hour. Upon going into the new room, we saw that the toilet was leaning and there was no seat. They did come and fix that right away.
This hotel advertises free breakfast and there was one the first day. We walked over the second day and the door was locked. We saw the manager and she said " no breakfast today with a snoot and walked off. They refused to discount our room. We had a rate of $49.99 and she did not honor that on the first night. She gave us a couple of dollars off on the second night but it came out more for a very bad stay.

Country Hearth should check up on the quality of this place. It will give them a bad name.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Virginia
Reviewed 14 April 2010

Room looked old and tired. Bed was ok. TV only had 12 channels, had an HBO flyer in room, but no HBO. Woke up first morning to sound of water running in my bath. When I investigated, discovered it was coming from the person upstairs who was taking a shower. Good part of the ceiling over the tub was rotten and water was streaming through into my tub.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
luvlife
Reviewed 15 February 2010

When I made my reservation I requested a ground floor room with a fridge. My room was on the second floor, there was trash and cigarette butts all along the corridor of the second floor, there was no fridge, no remote for the tv, the reception on the tv was so bad you could not see the picture, tried to call the front desk but it wouldn't go through, there was no ice in any of the machines, my towels smelled like cigarette smoke, my toilet wouldn't flush and ran all night therefore keeping me awake. The next morning I realized that I never received a bill or receipt for my stay. The next morning I went to the front desk to request a bill and receipt. I never got a bill and my receipt stated that I was charged $10 more for the room than I was quoted. When I inquired about this the young girl working said that the manager was "out of town" and would call me later in the day. Still have not heard from them. Will not stay here ever again.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madison
Days Inn Madison
Quality Inn Madison
Quality Inn Madison
#6 of 6 in Madison
The Lodge on Lake Oconee

Been to Deerfield Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!