“Wonderful!”

The Spa at the James Madison Inn
Ranked #6 of 10 things to do in Madison
More attraction details
Owner description: We are Madison's largest day spa offering a wide range of services from massage therapy, makeup application, facials and peels to manicures, pedicures, wraps, scrubs, tanning and waxing! Whether you need some time to yourself or would like to arrange a spa day with friends, we welcome you. Offering luxury you can afford!
Rutledge, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I had my very first massage here a few weeks ago with Mitzi. She was fantastic! I was nervous as to what I should expect. She eased all of my concerns and was wonderful. From the moment I walked in the door, I felt relaxed. Mitzi worked on my problem areas and put me into a trance. I highly recommend anyone looking for a great massage to check this place out!

Visited March 2014
Mitzi E, Owner at The Spa at the James Madison Inn, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Thank you so much for such a nice review; you are too sweet! I am just happy that I was able to give you some relief. Sports injuries can take so long to heal, I highly recommend massage to help with scar tissue and stress management. I hope to see you again soon!

Marietta, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Customer Service”
Reviewed 10 August 2013

My Mother and I stayed at the James Madison Inn on an overnight trip (7/20-21) in celebration of her 74th birthday. We found out about the Inn as part of a Living Social Deal we had purchased online. Included in the package was a spa credit for $30. Because we had forgotten to make an appt in advance, we weren't able to use the credit towards spa services because they were booked solid. A lady at the Inn informed us that the credit was also good for purchasing products, so we decided to stop in. A very nice lady greeted us and when we told her we had a credit, she helped us as if we were full-paying clients. She was extremely informative, which was great because there were were so many products to choose from. After making our purchases, we relayed how we so wished we could have used their spa services, especially because it was my Mom's birthday. She immediately asked if we would like to sit in the meditation room where clients go to wait for their treatments and we enthusiastically said yes! We were seated on a very comfortable couch and were given warm neck wraps. We were offered a choice of several relaxing beverages and chose the Mimosas - best I've ever tasted! When she left the room, we laid our heads back. We must have been extremely relaxed because we never noticed our drinks arriving. When we were ready to leave, we thanked her immensely, only to find out, she was the owner (Mitzi)! We told her we'd definitely be back the next time we were in Madison but would make sure to book an appt in advance. What a wonderful experience. Thanks Mitzi!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank ATL_Ladies
Mitzi E, Owner at The Spa at the James Madison Inn, responded to this review, 11 August 2013
I appreciate your wonderful review so much! The pleasure was all mine! I felt terrible that we could not fit you into our schedule that day; I wanted both you and your Mom to have a spa experience, even if it was a small one! Please come back anytime, our relaxation room is always open. I hope you are enjoying your products! Tell your Mom I said hello and next year you can come back and spend the whole day with us for her Birthday!
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Perfect!”
Reviewed 8 August 2013

This spa was the reason why I came to Madison and it was well worth the trip. The prices were reasonable and the experience was heavenly. I had a 90 minute massage and felt relaxed and rejuvenated after I left. Massage table was heated and my masseuse made sure that my areas of concern were tended to. I’m embarrassed that I fell asleep for 10-15 minutes after my massage, but I was so relaxed and comfortable that it was unavoidable! The masseuse was very kind about it! I have had the opportunity to have massages in several places scattered around the world and my experience at The Spa at the James Madison Inn ranks high on my list.

Visited August 2013
Mitzi E, Owner at The Spa at the James Madison Inn, responded to this review, 10 August 2013
Thank you so much for such a wonderful review! We try to live up to our slogan: Luxury You Can Afford! With that in mind, we keep our prices reasonable and the service exceptional! Please know that sleeping, snoring, drooling...all of those things are perfectly acceptable here at The Spa! I hope you will get a chance to come back soon!
Madison, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Heavenly!!!”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Your before and after at the Spa is amazing! The staff are the best at helping you feel wonderful. You will be taken away better than Calgon could ever do!

Visited July 2013
Mitzi E, Owner at The Spa at the James Madison Inn, responded to this review, 1 August 2013
Thank you so much for your review! We certainly try to make everyone feel as comfortable as if they were home, without all the worries and stress that sometimes wait for us there! I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your visit and we all look forward to seeing you again soon!
Pooler, Georgia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Amazing!”
Reviewed 1 July 2013

The facial and massage were wonderful! I felt like a new person. The staff was very accommodating and helped us feel right at home.

Visited June 2013
Mitzi E, Owner at The Spa at the James Madison Inn, responded to this review, 3 July 2013
Thank you so much for you kind words. I hope you will visit us again on your next visit to Madison!