“Best In Southern Hospitality”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Madison
Madison Oaks Inn & Gardens
Ranked #6 of 7 Madison B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
San Tan Valley, Arizona
“Best In Southern Hospitality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2013

Having the distinct honor of being born and raised in Georgia, I was completely at home at Madison Oaks. My husband and I live in Arizona now, so this was a true homecoming for me. We both felt as though we were whisked away to a beautiful place in time where life is more laid back and relaxed. Cheryl is an exquisite cook and her hospitality made our 5 day stay the best vacation we've ever had. My husband's sister was married there on Friday and Madison Oaks was the perfect setting. We chose the Thomas Room, stunningly decorated with all the frills of century furniture and décor. It was like being at my grandmother's home, especially with the blue willow dining at breakfast. The comfort of the bed was that of a 5 star hotel. With Cheryl being our hostess we will definitely be returning. We've made a new friend, as she has now become part of our extended family. That also includes Sophie and Fiona! :)
Thank you again Cheryl for our fabulous time. We cannot wait to we have an opportunity to return.

Room Tip: The Thomas Room is exquisite!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank AliciaC0808
weluvgod, Manager at Madison Oaks Inn & Gardens, responded to this review, 23 July 2013
It was so nice having a fellow "Southern Belle" and her handsome "Beau" as guests. You came as strangers and left as cherished friends. Thank you so much for staying with us; I can't wait for your next visit!
Hugs from Cheryl,
Purrs from Fiona, and
Wet kisses from Sophie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2013

A very close friend of mine and I stayed here mid week and had the loveliest time. We stayed in the Sisters Room with two iron twin beds and the room was large, comfy, well appointed and great views of the side yard and front with those old great windows. Awesome large bathroom with the old clawfoot tub in red. Coffee service was prompt both mornings in the upstairs foyer and the BEST coffee! Small sweets were served with the full service coffee, all on silver service with toile china. This an hour before probably one of the , if not the, BEST full breakfast one can receive. Cheryl, the innkeeper, is quite the cook. Delicious and filling each morning. Started off with a berry soup much like a smoothie and then cheese grits, egg wrapped in bacon w/capers, and asparagus served in the outdoor screened in setting just off of the dining room. Magnificent! You can probably skip lunch! I'll post a few photos!
The grounds are magnificent and the pool perfect and to your own. Nice and secluded and well kept. Every where you walk, you take in the lovely surroundings whether greenery, large magnolia trees, flowers, cobblestone walkways, arbors, etc....a great getaway to relax and enjoy your day and company. Day 2 is the same...wonderful coffee (really the best I've had!) and I need to find out what brand! Breakfast consisted of a large yogurt parfait to start and then a wonderful egg soufflé served in the cutest chicken crock with chicken apple sausage and sweet potatoes on the side. Again, you can skip lunch practically!
Madison Oaks Inn is so close to historic downtown Madison with so many areas of interest. We went horseback riding nearby at Southern Cross Ranch which was great fun. Ate in town one evening at Town 220 which rivals any great restaurant in Atlanta. We didn't get to shop much but noticed there are plenty of antique stores and cute shops for the next time we visit. Which will be this fall hopefully and again next spring! We LOVE MADISON OAKS INN! Thank you Cheryl for your wonderful hospitality. :)

Green Features: As I understand, Madison Oaks follows silver green practices
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

weluvgod, Manager at Madison Oaks Inn & Gardens, responded to this review, 28 June 2013
Thanks for taking the time to write a review. I'm so glad you and your friend enjoyed your time at Madison Oaks The photos you posted are awesome! Come back soon, and I promise to keep that coffee coming! ;) - Cheryl
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2013

It's taken me a few days to write my review because I wanted to spend enough time providing my thoughts. My husband and I stayed at the Inn over Memorial Day weekend and to celebrate his birthday, and the weekend couldn't have been more perfect!

The house and grounds are exquisite,and even more beautiful in person than even pictures show. As I walked around the property and throughout the home, I could see myself living there ( in fantasyland!). Although grand, it was warm and comfortable and beautifully furnished. I've stayed at historic B&B's over the years, and sometimes they can be too frilly, overdone and old fashioned to the point of being stale. But Madison Inn was tastefully furnished, with all the right details one would expect in such a lovely, classic home.

The best part was our charming innkeeper, Cheryl. She was born to be a hostess, as she welcomed us with warmth and care and thoughtfulness. Not to mention being a fantastic cook, Cheryl also has a delightful personality whom we enjoyed chatting with after breakfast.

Finally, the proximity to the charming village of Madison itself was also perfect. Only a half mile from town, we enjoyed the 10 minute walk both mornings and felt we were so lucky to have chosen the most perfect place, in the most perfect location on our very first visit to Madison.

I have already recommended both Madison and Madison Inn and Gardens to several co workers as a great getaway weekend from Atlanta. Not only is it romantic, but I think it would also serve as a great "girls weekend" destination. I want to return and stay in each of the four guest suites!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Have you ever considered becoming a travel writer? What a review! Thank you so much for the thoughtfully written description of your experience at Madison Oaks. It was wonderful having you guys as guests, and I look forward to your next visit! - Cheryl
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2013 via mobile

My husband and I felt so welcomed by Cheryl, H.D. and of course Sofie. Cheryl is masterful in the kitchen, yet is humble and gracious about the delicious food she serves. And the coffee and fresh cookies and creampuffs at 8am were a perfect jumpstart to the day. The inn and gardens are lovely. We spent an afternoon relaxing by the pool wishing we could stay longer than our two nights. Thanks to Cheryl, our first nights in Georgia were perfect. We will return and stay longer.

• Stayed May 2013
weluvgod, Manager at Madison Oaks Inn & Gardens, responded to this review, 20 May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review. H.D., Sophie, and I enjoyed having you as guests and felt your stay was too short as well! You guys definitely added a cool California vibe to this old Georgia place! ;) We hope to see you again very, very soon! - XOXO - Cheryl
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2013

We were in Madison for the Spring Tour of homes & got to stay in one of the most beautiful
properties in Madison. Cheryl the Inn Keeper made us feel right at home. The coffee & snack before breakfast was wonderful & breakfast was GREAT. The house & grounds are beautiful.
We wil be back.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are VERY nice, depends on your group as to which would be best.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
weluvgod, Manager at Madison Oaks Inn & Gardens, responded to this review, 7 May 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us during the Spring Tour of Homes. It was fun having you, your sister and mom here for the weekend! Hope to see you again very soon!
Waycross, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2013

We were delighted with our stay at Madison Oaks. This gorgeous inn is in such a quiet, picturesque setting that you really must see it to believe it! All of the rooms are exquisitely decorated and very comfortable. Cheryl is the most warm and gracious host and made us feel right at home. The breakfast was superb....just can't say enough about this one-of-a-kind experience!!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
weluvgod, Manager at Madison Oaks Inn & Gardens, responded to this review, 6 May 2013
It was such a pleasure having you as guests! Please return soon!
Cocoa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2013

The superlatives in previous reviews underscore our one night visit with Cheryl Cannington at the Madison Oaks Inn and Garden. We arrived early evening on a cold March day and were warmly greeted by Cheryl who directed us to our spacious upstairs bedroom, which was meticulously appointed including Easter rabbit statuettes and baskets to mark the season. Outside our room was a sitting area where Cheryl had prepared some hot cocoa and tasty treats for us to enjoy before bed. We slept well in our king bed and woke to another surprise in the sitting area: hot coffee and beignets to start our day. As if the coffee and pastries were not enough, when we made our way downstairs, the dining table was set for a breakfast fit for royalty: chilled strawberry soup, topped with fresh yogurt which was followed with delicate egg puffs, fresh asparagus spears, more pastries and coffee and some down home conversation with Cheryl about the history of the house and of Madison. If a traveler is looking for the extraordinary in a bed and breakfast experience, the Madison Oaks Inn and Garden is a can't miss opportunity. Wish we could have stayed longer...

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed (and positive) review! It was wonderful having your sweet family at the inn, and we hope to see you again in the very near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madison
Hampton Inn Madison
Quality Inn Madison
#5 of 6 in Madison
The Lodge on Lake Oconee
The Ritz-Carlton Reynolds, Lake Oconee

Been to Madison Oaks Inn & Gardens? Share your experiences!