“Delicious!”

Perk Avenue Cafe & Coffeehouse
Ranked #1 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Madison
Price range: US$6 - US$10
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Marietta, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious!”
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Food was amazing and extremely fresh! Wish they had another location in Atlanta - I'd be there all the time!

Visited July 2013

Portsmouth, New Hampshire
“Delishhhh”
Reviewed 8 August 2013

I'm sad to say I didn't have a meal because I was saving space for dinner at Town 220. The staff was extremely nice. I did grab one of their specialty coffees and coming from a place that has "specialty coffees" at every corner I wasn't expecting much. OMG was my drink fabulous! This was a must see for me because it was the #1 restaurant on tripadvisor and it definitely deserves to be!

• Visited August 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Wonderful visit to Madison and to the Perk Avenue Cafe & Coffeehouse”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

This was the first time that we had visited Perk Cafe and Coffeehouse in Madison. The staff were so friendly and cordial. The food was delicious. That day we all had salads and they were the absolute best!! They had lots of specialty coffees. Know people from our area of Atlanta that have been and have always had a pleasant experience.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank carol g
“A nice lunch”
Reviewed 6 July 2013 via mobile

Stopped by for a late lunch after going to the Sunflower Festival and enjoyed the experience. The service was timely and the food good. The portion was a little small but just right for a light lunch. The restaurant had quite a few tables with only 2 servers but our gal did a great job hustling.

• Visited July 2013
“"Coffee on the Corner"”
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Perk Avenue is a picturesque café and coffeehouse that offers a warm and memorable experience. With comfortable leather sofas and freshly-brewed coffee, this local eatery invites you to start your day overlooking the streets of downtown Madison while enjoying a freshly-baked blueberry scone. If you’re too late for breakfast or your tastes have taken you beyond the unique bagel combinations or the sweet potato biscuits (Sundays only), then ask for a lunch menu and browse some of the more creative options.

Masquerading as a typical sandwich shop, Perk has raised the standard of your usual bistro, taking bold risks by creating a flavorful menu and interesting combinations. Consider the “Mediterranean Quesadilla” – filled with seasoned sliced chicken with pesto ranch, black olives, red onions, and roasted red peppers. Every time we visit, we’re committed to trying something different, but once we’re handed a menu, we fall back into our old habits and we’re reminded of old favorites. During our most recent visit, I was strong enough to deviate from my usual selections and I ordered the “Sunshine Salad.” The sweetness of the mandarin oranges and the red grapes balanced the natural bitterness of the walnuts and the chicken was incredibly moist and tender.

My only regret was declining an offer from our waitress for dessert. The homemade baked goods usually provide an adequate excuse to deviate from my typical diet. Speaking from past experience, you should be sure to indulge in one of the over-sized “Ghirardelli Brownies” – stuffed with double-dark chocolate – or spoil yourself with one of Perk’s “Cookie Monsters” – loaded with walnuts and white and dark chocolate.

Perk has always been an enjoyable experience and I look forward to our next visit.

• Visited June 2013