“Fun hangout with the Fam.!”
Review of Ricky D's - CLOSED

Ricky D's
Cuisines: American
Description: Ricky D's is an entertainment complex hosting a restaurant that serves fun food like Vienna Beef Hot Dogs to Frozen Custard. We have a 50 seat cinema which shows anything from Independent movies, documentaries, foreign films, sports, wedding videos to hosting meetings for private events. The best part of the business is our elegant wine bar which has been compared to a Speakeasy. The Backstage Wine Bar serves vintage wines and Craft Beer.
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Enjoyed a cool atmosphere with the movie memorabilia and theater. Also will have to come back and check out the wine bar with my lady! But we all did get to enjoy some really delicious orange and vanilla frozen custard :-)

1  Thank driverga

Reviewed 6 July 2014

My husband and I stopped at Ricky D's in Madison last week for lunch. We were blown-away by what we found. Calling Ricky D's a "restaurant" is not accurate- it is actually 3 businesses contained in different parts of the building; a light sandwich shop that serves Frozen Custard (think rich ice cream), a small movie theatre, and a wine bar.
What we liked best was the "atmosphere". The owners have amassed an amazing collection of rare Hollywood memorabilia and display it throughout the building. "Wow" is what we kept saying.
The food was terrific- fresh and fast. We talked with some locals eating at a table near us and they said Ricky D's is known for it's fresh food and fast service. What really impressed me was how clean it was- the floors and tables looked spotless. The counter help was seen washing the surfaces when they were not serving food.
We asked about the movies and were given a monthly movie guide. Ricky D's shows first run films from Wednesday through Sunday. Independent films - those found at Sundance and Tribeca- are their typical fare. The cinema looked like an exclusive studio theatre. We are sorry we weren't there in time for the Matinee.
The wine bar has it's own door on the side and immediately reminded us of a "Speakeasy" with it's dark cozy setting. Think PRIVATE talks and meetings!!
All in All we were very impressed with the business and the food and have already shared our impressions with our friends. We WILL be back!

3  Thank Brenda F
Reviewed 12 April 2014

I stopped by hoping to check out Madison Georgia's newest restaurant with a cinema. It's like a a small old time soda fountain with about 5 types of hotdogs, nachos, or beef sandwich, plus frozen custard. I was really wanting some real food, since I have been batching it for over 5 weeks with my wife away. But, I settled for a chili dog. and had to wait for over 15 minutes in line for that. They have a walkup window, and a cinema that plays older movies, and have seating for 50. I doubt I will be back, since it's just not the place for me. Maybe the hipsters in Madison will like it, and I'm sure they will do well during town events. I expected more...