All reviews quiche town restaurant get away walking distance historic building gas fireplace wonderful place high ceilings boutique hotel rooms are spacious small town continental breakfast wonderful stay fresh fruit king bed balcony robes
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I surprised my husband to an overnight stay at the James Madison Inn and it was beyond my expectations. I worked for a luxury hotel company for several years and I felt the service and rooms here were equivalent. The room was very nice; in fact, I took pictures to use as a guide for the bedroom we build in our new house. The bed was comfortable. The decor was transitional and very fitting for the inn. It was a perfect, quaint and romantic getaway for his birthday. We had dinner at Town 220 Bistro and it was so good! Just steps from the Inn so very convenient. Madison is a lovely town and offers great shops and antiques. We also stopped at Perk Avenue for a glass of wine and yummy coconut cake bites. We will be back. Oh, and we only live 20 miles away and we felt like we were a world away.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
jamesmadisoninn, General Manager at The James Madison Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Dear lgarrett0811,
Your experience with us at The James Madison Inn, is our expectation and goal in standard of guest service. We often have couples escaping to Madison where there is a surprise involved. With our intimate number of rooms, we can provide the attention to detail in guest experiences such as your own, and this is fun for us too. It's special when you feel like you've truly escaped and only live 20 minutes away!

The fact that you worked in the hotel industry yourself and spoke of your experience so positively is music to our ears. Thank you again for sharing your experience at our Inn, and we can't wait for you and your husband to return as our guests.

Until then,
Jake Grant

Reviewed 24 February 2014

My husband and I had a great time on our getaway to Madison! The James Madison Inn and Town 220 restaurant were the main reasons we went but the spa, Riccardo's, and the vintage shops were awesome too. The rooms are so cozy and comfortable. We will be back.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

We did not know what to expect when when we arrived but was thoroughly surprised. What we loved was the place matched the pics. The upkeep was very good. Diane showed us the suite which was right across .from our room. and we were amazed. The fireplace is such a great added touch.
There were 2 things which kept it from being excellent. When we arrived we could not find teh handicap entrance as it was not highlighted in plain sight. The vending machine was not working. It did not keep our money but also did not dispense the product.

Room Tip: Try and get a second floor room to possibly have a better view and maybe miss some the 1st floor road noise.
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I was traveling for work and someone recommended this hotel. Let's say I know recommend this hotel to everyone! Words cannot describe how lovely it is. The rooms are immaculate, beautiful, charming. My bathroom had glass French doors and my room had a gas fireplace. Perfect for warming up in the mornings and winding down in the evening. The lobby is warm, inviting, with local artwork spread throughout. The service is unbelievable – personable and friendly, I received a hand written thank you note from the inn after my return home. I will likely not have a business reason to be back in Madison, GA but would absolutely take a trip just to stay at this lovely inn! The beds were so comfy, I wish I could give the sleep quality 10 stars!

Room Tip: upgrade to the suite
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 January 2014

We went to the James Madison Inn for our 15th wedding anniversary and were very pleased with the wonderful accomadations and very friendly service. The rooms were beautiful and the fireplace, and chairs really set their rooms apart from other places we have stayed. We enjoyed a couples massage at the Spa right next door, and the food and shopping were a welcome experience we hope to enjoy again soon.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple