All reviewsquichetown restaurantget awaywalking distancehistoric buildinggas fireplacewonderful placehigh ceilingsboutique hotelrooms are spacioussmall towncontinental breakfastwonderful stayfresh fruitking bedbalconyrobes
Reviewed 13 March 2009

My wife and I loved this beautiful inn. Our room was clean and lovely, the service was friendly and unintrusive. Madison is a nice litle town with great old houses. We even liked the cemetery!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Oatka
Reviewed 16 December 2008

I live in the nearby city of Athens, and i've been to Madison on several occasions just as a day trip. The town is beautiful, and over the past few years, great restaurants and shops have been opening up all over the place. I was talking to a friend who told me that they had built a new hotel in downtown. Upon hearing this I promptly got online and check out their website. The photos of the accomodations looked gorgeous, and my wife and I called and booked a room for the following weekend. When I arrived, I was blown away. I have been to most of the notable bed and breakfasts and "boutique hotels" in Georgia, and the James Madison is just unlike anything ive ever seen. The service was great, the rooms were so comfortable you'd never want to leave, and the nearby shopping and restaurants were fabulous. But more than that, the location of the inn set downtown in this intimate and charming community surrounded by some of the most historic antebellum homes in Georgia brings to mind the days when cotton was king. A unique experience for anyone interested in the history of the South.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank blugrassfan
Reviewed 3 May 2008

majestic building just off the sqaure downtown madison. well appointed, newly outfitted and spacious. front desk was more than helpful, and exceedingly cordial making dinner reservations, showing us to our room and just being so sincerly friendly. the room was palacial. sitting room with fireplace, king feather bed, large bath, with huge shower. i could have parked my first car in that shower and the ceilings were at least 10 feet tall, meaning i could have put two of those vw bugs in there. each room has a covered porch, patio area that is shared with next room. local books are placed in the rooms to aquaint the visitor with the history, folk lore and lure of madison. room came with a continental brakfast which we usually don't find of much interest. nothing could have been farther from the truth at james madison. fresh fruits berries, melon and citrus, breads, pastries, quiche, sausages and fresh juice in a delightful warm lower level gathering spot. the hotel is tastfully decorated with the works of local artists, along with magnificent chandeleres. this is a gem of a place to stay in an historic small town

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bbqman3341
Reviewed 18 September 2007

From the moment I booked my stay at the James Madison Inn until the moment I left the property, everything was outstanding. The accomodations were excellent and it seemed as if the staff had thought of every little detail. The staff and service was fabulous. I enjoyed the books that were in my room for reading, the newspaper each morning and the breakfast and service was so nice. I loved the Oak Room where breakfast was served each morning - it was cozy, comfortable and a perfect way to start the day. I plan to return again and soon. It is a perfect weekend getaway - there are nice restaurants just outside the property and great shopping. I did not get back in my car until I checked out of the inn - everything was very convenient. I highly recommend this property to anyone that appreciates excellence!

Stayed: September 2007
2  Thank debraml
Reviewed 13 September 2007

This is a beautiful inn in a great small town. I was impressed with the staff and ease of the whole process of reservations and check in. I had reserved the room 2 months in advance and the room I had requested was ready and beautiful. I like the location of the inn especially. There were several great restaurants and shopping. The beds are super comfortable and I especially like the warmth and cozy feel of the whole room. The chocolates left on your pillow from the local candy shop were delicious.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank PJ5