“Highly Disappointed!! Wont Stay here Again!!”

Quality Inn Madison
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Madison
Reviewed 18 April 2012

Upon arrival I found our room to be smelly and dirty!! There were several spider webs in the room and my daughter found a spider in her shoe the next morning. The flies were so bad in the room my husband was tempted to go to walmart in middle of night to by fly strips!! The toliet paper holder in the bathroom was black with caked on dust and the floor boards were dirty. The carpet was coming apart from the wall. The appliances in the room were nice and new. Had great wi-fi and the pillows were very comfy but the beds were hard.

We called before making reservations and asked if the pool was open since that was the only reason we were considering staying there. We were told that yes the pool was open, but when we arrived we found out the pool was closed that they were waiting on the inspection and permits. Even the info book in room said pool was open from april thur oct and our stay was mid arpil. I was very upset and felt I should have been compensated some way instead I come home to find an additonal $24 charge to my account and I dont know why. Still waiting for answers to it.

On plus note the lamps with built in plug ins were a nice touch as we usuallly have hard time finding plug ins for laptop and cell phone charges and Cracker Barrel is right next store!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn Madison

Reviewed 16 April 2012

My family was staying in Madison for a 4H BB tournament. We were disappointed that the pool was closed even though they say that it is open April- October. The photos on the internet are very misleading as the room was smaller than appeared in the photo. The staff was nice. Breakfast was crowded and layout of items available was poorly planned, however the food was good.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank momeek625
Reviewed 19 February 2012

The hotel is a little difficult to find, you have to drive behind a Cracker Barrel and through their parking lot. Checkin was a breeze and only took about two minutes. Other reviewers are correct, it is noisy in some rooms since the motel is very close to Interstate 20, but I slept with earplugs and had no problem sleeping in my room, which was nice and clean. TV had lots of channels and the internet was fast. There was a very large counter in the bathroom with a separate toilet and tub area. The room also had a small refrigerator and microwave. The hotel has plenty of parking, but in my case, they clustered all the guests into the one area, and large vehicles took up multiple spaces right in front of my room. Lots of places to eat with a Cracker Barrel next door and McDonald’s across the busy street. It wouldn’t be wise to walk to McDonalds due to the heavy traffic! I would stay here again, it seemed like a pretty good Quality Inn to me. I did not eat the breakfast; I had my own with me.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the main building facing away from the interstate if noise bothers you,
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 November 2011

We stayed Oct 12th and 13th.

My wife had cigarettes, lip gloss and eyeliner stolen from our room. Also, I went to unplug a lamp to plug in my phone charger, and the cord shot out blue sparks. When I talked to the manager, he said that the housekeeper didn't smoke, and didn't seem to care that the cord had a short in it.

I would never stay at another "Quality" Inn or any "Choice Hotel" for that part.

Room Tip: There are better hotels in the area.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 October 2011

Had very little sleep as was traffic noise all night long. Told manager about it the next day and her response was I can' help traffic noise. All I wanted was a apology which did not come. Killed a cockroach by our bed and only one concerned was a house keeper. Stay away as manager was not at all sympathetic to our complaint. Am a choice member and not happy with this hotel if can be called a hotel. Between noisey dog next door and traffic was a sleepless in Madison night.

Room Tip: If possible away from highway.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2011

Stopped here after getting rained out of my work schedule. Turned out to be a pleasant surprise, desk clerk was very nice and helpful. Rooms are clean and well furnished, got a good nights sleep and enjoyed a decent breakfast. I would stay here again but, I don't ever expect to end up in Madison again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 August 2011

checked in and staff was very friendly and rooms were very clean. card keys had a problem but got them replaced. TV remote wouldn't work but after calling the front desk a few times for instructions she came to room and fixed it right away. cant get any closer to food! Cracker Barrel sit right in front of it and more restaurants very nearby. comfortable beds and hot clean water. Ahhhhh!!!

Room Tip: call ahead and and ask for a better rate
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madison
Days Inn Madison
The Lodge on Lake Oconee
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#2 of 3 in Greensboro

Been to Quality Inn Madison? Share your experiences!