“A little pricey but they give you huge portions”

Marietta Fish Market
Ranked #6 of 734 Restaurants in Marietta
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This restaurant is a family owned business who also owns several other restaurants around the area such as the Marietta Diner. The food is pretty good, never really had anything that I didn't like. My wife usually gets the fried shrimp basket and I will usually try something new every time we go. The portions are like the Marietta Diner..A LOT OF FOOD. I am a bigger guy and I have a hard time finishing some of these meals. My tip would be to always order the Cesar side salad, it is awesome!

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Been coming here a few years, and it has been good. Last visit was on a Sat for dinner we called ahead and only had to wait a few minutes, it was very busy. Started off good, I think we may have had a new server or an air head cause it went down hill from there. We had eight in our party. (auto tip added) She had our orders mixed up, always had to ask for refills on drinks and bread. My fish was way over cooked, portions were small. A little pricey, more than I remember ? IMO, they have a large following, business is good, food is OK, but not for the portions or price. I think they have lost that small homestyle dinning experience ? I'll go again ?

1  Thank Sullyjd
Reviewed 10 July 2014

They serve a bread to every table that has a slightly sweet cream cheese filling. Was baked fresh and pretty tasty. Had grilled shrimp and scallop combo (small) which was a little overcooked but edible. Nice variety of sides. Hushpuppies were just OK.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

My wife and I visited the Fish Market for lunch during the week. The atmosphere is casual and the service was good. The menu is large and includes items not seen in this area such as grilled octopus. We had she crab soup, caesar salad, and combination fried scallop and oyster platters. The seafood was cooked just right.

We live I rural northeast Alabama. The closest seafood restaurants (Red Lobsters) are an hour drive. The closest metropolitan area is Marietta , so I looked on the internet for seafood restaurants in that area. The Marietta Fish Market menu was similar to a very good seafood restaurant in Birmingham. It turned out that both the restaurants are owned by family members. The drive to Marietta was 1 1/2 hours, but it was worth the drive.

1  Thank Steve A
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Had a small portion although it was still huge of scallops with Hush puppies..sorry not to my British Head Chef taste. The huge cakes looked amazing

1  Thank SusanPerez