“LOVE this place!”

Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 September 2010

I fell in love with this place the first time I stopped in! I just wanted a Cuban sandwich to go, but had a warm conversation with the owner and sat down to some delicious flan and coffee while I waited. The decor is GREAT - they chose the perfect chairs, colors and posters to REALLY make if feel like you are in a Cuban diner. And when I got the sandwich, I was hooked! They have this purely magical dipping sauce, sort of a Mojito, that is amazing! Since then I have taken my wife there and we both agreed that the sauce works on EVERYTHING to kick it up a notch! I believe the baked half chicken is the best I have ever had in my life!

1  Thank guitarmarv

Reviewed 8 July 2010

I married a guy from south Florida who introduced me to Cuban food which I crave on a regular basis. Living 2 hours north of Atlanta, I dont get to indulge much. So craving Cuban one day I did a google search and found the Cuban Diner. Being next to Whole Foods and about 5 miles from Trader Joes is a huge perk since we go there to stock up all the time. Drove the 2 hours on our bikes and boy was it worth it. The owner was waiting tables and the co-owner, his wife, was in the kitchen. We had the sampler platter which included chicken empanadas, beef empanadas, Papas Rellenas, Maduros and tostones. I had the picadillo which I have eaten at El Siboney in Key West and Fernandez de Bull in Naples, Florida and this was as good if not better. My husband had the traditional cuban sandwhich which he loved. The tres leche cake is to die for.
The second trip there, i had the Ropa Vieja, which was a first for me. I had to restrain from licking the plate. My husband couldn't stray from the cuban sandwich and it was as godd as the first time.
The owners are great, the place is clean, and I fully recommend the Cuban Diner to anyone who will listen.

1  Thank ymid