Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Powers Ferry Rd.
Ranked #26 of 33 Hotels in Marietta
Tampa, Florida
“DO NOT STAY HERE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013

Very dirty. Definately do not book this hotel.
Even After I had the staff clean the room and change the dirty sheets I still had to go to the local store and buy cleaning supplies to scrub and mop everything before I could set my belongings down. No matter how much cheaper it is, I will NEVER stay at an Extended Stay America again.

Room Tip: If you like a clean hotel, do not book a room here
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Powers Ferry Rd., responded to this review, 17 July 2013
Erica - The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. I am so disappointed that your room was unclean when you checked in to the hotel. Please accept my apology. In response to your feedback, I am working closely with the staff to improve our cleaning procedures and inspection policies moving forward to ensure this type of situation does not happen again.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. I invite you to contact me, at mlander@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Korean first
Marrietta
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2013

This location is a poor attempt to mix class with low-cost. There amenities are enough to let remind you that you didn't pay an arm and leg for the stay. However, the dirtiness and rudeness should not be the penalty for trying to say money. I had a gut feeling something would be wrong with the hotel when I saw the receptionist standing at the top of stairs outside facing the hill I drove up to get to the hotel. Based on her white blouse I knew she was an employee but I didn't get a greeting, not a smile or wave. Any how I was impressed by the hotel's outer appearance and location. Clean and nice foliage. When I went to check in, there wasn't a soul at the front desk. I called out to see if maybe the receptionist was in the back of the office. No answer. So I waited for another five minutes. Then another guest looking to check in came through the front door. Still no receptionist. Five minutes later, two more guests came up to the desk. And one stepped off of the elevator. No receptionist. Then a guest already staying at the hotel stated that in order to be helped you have to call the receptionist on her cell phone. He called her and ta-da, she finally appears. No smile, no hello, no apology, nothing from Ms. Victoria (the receptionist). Up the elevator, which was filthy and stuck in the 1980s, and to the room I go. All I saw was peeled wallpaper and trash all along the halls. A BIG difference compared to the pretty outside. I enter my room and the first thing was the nice,quaint layout of the room. Then I notice are cigar ashes along the window sill and the bent up screen that looked like a criminal might've tried to make a fast getaway at one time. The bathtub still had the last guests' hair in it and the toilet still had the last guests' trash in it as well. I could not get a refund because of my booking method so I had to deal with it. I figured I would cook a small meal, enjoy a movie and my nightmare would be over soon. I tried to wash and sanitize my utensils and pots but there was no dish detergent. I boiled my untensils and grabbed a dish towel and lo and behold there was a foot-long strand of blondish hair, ( I have jet black hair), on my cutting board. Gross. So if you can deal with the poor attempt to doll up the hotel and a little trash here and there, be Extended Stay America's Victoria and Ali's guest.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MsTM09
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Powers Ferry Rd., responded to this review, 25 June 2013
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. I am so glad to read that you enjoyed our hotel's location and the exterior's look. Still, it upsets me to hear that our staff was not at the desk to greet you. It is also regrettable that you experienced so many issues in your guest room. Please accept my sincere apologies. To ensure that a situation like yours doesn't happen again, my team is being coached on how to provide better customer service as well as how to clean and inspect rooms properly moving forward.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. I invite you to contact me, at mlander@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Winston Salem, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

I booked this hotel for on Priceline for less than $40 so my expectations were not very high but I was pleasantly surprised. I have never stayed in this type of hotel but I was impressed. The room was super neat, bed slept great and check-in took less than 60 seconds.

I only need a place to sleep for the night but would consider Extended Stay for other types of stays in the future.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Tallahassee, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2013

The hotel was very clean, had a stocked kitchen. The forks were missing but we had plastic ones so not a big deal. Bathroom was roomy and water got really hot quickly, also the shower head was high so no bending down to wash my hair, can't tell you how annoying that can be. The bed was nice and firm, checked for bed bugs and there were none. Plenty of pillows also. Even though the rooms had a kitchen the hotel offered a grab and go breakfast which was nice. One morning I got fruit, oatmeal and some granola bars to go also coffee and tea. The only problem I had was someone was banging the back door over and over again the last night we were there. Not the hotels fault just rude guests. Overall a very good value for your money. A little hard to find just a small sign on the highway with a star you have to pay attention to spot it.

Room Tip: Don't get one near the back door.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Powers Ferry Rd., responded to this review, 3 May 2013
Greta - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. We appreciate the kind comments about our guest rooms, the amenities we offer and our newest feature, the grab and go breakfast. Still, I apologize that you had a hard time finding our location. We have placed some ESA signage out to help mark the spot.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at mlander@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2013 via mobile

Hilltop location w great views Extremely convenient to restaurants within all prices ranges as well as shopping and multiple businesses. This Extended Stay is now UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT and it shows. The staff is friendly, polite, professional and knowledgable. The hotel is very clean and the grounds are peaceful and nicely landscaped. There are a variety of rooms (king, Queen, Suites, etc.) to meet all needs. All rooms have new beds w thick Pillow top mattresses & new box springs. LG flat panel TV's. Clean kitchens that are furnished. The hotel will provide more utensils and equipment if necessary. It has 3 stories and smoking is allowed only on the 3rd floor. However, when step out of the elevator onto that floor, you cannot smell a trace of smoke. Laundry room has 6 washers and dryers. The drying time can be extended by adding add'l quarters. I have stayed at this hotel before due to its convenience. However, I stayed there April 17-19th and was "Extremely" pleased w the new management and their approach to "CUSTOMER SERVICE". I recommend THIS Extended Stay highly.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Michael - It is so rewarding to read that you had an exceptional stay with us. Thank you for your comments. I am proud of our team for raising the bar to exceed your expectations based on previous experiences.

Kokomo, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2013

Just o.k. customer service, nice updated rooms, newer t.v. room a little dirty around the edges. Nice price but no "amenities" to speak of. Breakfast is coffee and choice of red or green apple. No problem with me but description of breakfast offered with price can be disappointing. Location is o.k. hard to locate.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2013

This property used to be a Homestead Studio Suites but they either failed Homestead franchise standards or opted for a less expensive business franchise model. There is very little staff onsite and they only staff the front desk from 0700 to 2300 hours. The free "Grab & Go" breakfast is basically coffee, instant Quaker Oatmeal, oatmeal bars, muffins, apples, and oranges. I suggest you grab some early as it tends to go fast. They don't spend a lot of time vacuuming the hallway carpets, they neglect the elevator car floors, and they don't sweep up the trash and detritus in the driveway in front of the main entrance; this makes the property look trashy and it would only take a couple of man hours a week to really improve the property presentation. In my room the toaster wouldn't toast and I could not set the AC unit to run the fan (for white noise at night) unless the unit was cooling or heating. I made up for this by running the range hood fan and the bathroom fan at night. The pillows on the bed were flat, flatter, and flattest, and the bedsheets were a cotton poly blend that were clean but slightly scratchy. The bath towels, hand towels, and wash cloths were also a cotton poly blend. Bottom line here is if you like soft towels and need a decent pillow bring your own. There wasn't much in the way of covers on the bed and they tended to slip off at night. Tuck in the bedspread at the bottom of the bed and you can stop this. This property does not have an ice machine; you either make ice with the 2 ice trays in the freezer section of the fridge or you buy ice before returning to the property in the evening. The free WiFi is about average for a hotel these days; it runs faster after about 6:30 or 7:00 PM when everyone has sent their emails home. Don't expect to download anything from Netflix. They don't supply shampoo and if you need more TP or bar soap you have to ask for it at the front desk. Ditto with the towels; if you need fresh ones you swap them out at the front desk also. The property is mostly quiet at night with the exception of one 2:00 AM door slammer during my stay. One afternoon when I returned to the property I noticed a spent 9mm shell in the driveway in front of the main entrance; I don't want to know how it got there. You can visit the Extended Stay America website and sign up for their mailing list and they will send you discount codes to use when you make your reservation; do so if you plan on staying here. The bathroom and kitchenette functioned well (except for the toaster) and overall it was worth the $50-ish bucks I paid per night. They also allow small pets; I was not close to a room with a yappy dog but I heard them a couple of times when I walked down the hall; if you are next door or across the hall from one of these rooms I feel sorry for you.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marietta
Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Interstate N. Pkwy
Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Cumberland Mall
Country Hearth Inn & Suites Atlanta / Marietta and Banquet Hall
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
#14 of 33 in Marietta
Baymont Inn & Suites Marietta/Atlanta North
Comfort Inn & Suites Smyrna

Been to Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Powers Ferry Rd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Powers Ferry Rd.

Property: Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Powers Ferry Rd.
Address: 2239 Powers Ferry Road, Marietta, GA 30067 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)
Region: United States > Georgia > Marietta
Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly )
Ranked #26 of 33 Hotels in Marietta
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Powers Ferry Rd. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Extended Stay and Expedia so you can book your Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Powers Ferry Rd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homestead Studio Suites Atlanta-Marietta-Powers Ferry Hotel Marietta