“Pleasant stay, poor service..”

Quality Inn Marietta
Ranked #6 of 33 Hotels in Marietta
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I stayed at Quality Inn Marietta for 5 days and it was a pleasant stay considering it was 69 per night. I checked out on Friday morning to fly back to Louisiana. When I came home, I realized that I left my iPhone charger in my room so I called them. A lady (I think is Vienna) was very kind and helpful. She found it, but not sure how she can ship it to me so she said she would ask her manager the next day. I received her call the next day. Disapointedly, she said that her manager said due to the shipping fee is higher than the cost of the iPhone charger, they refuse to ship it to me, and said I can come in to claim it within 30 days. Vienna was very apologetic all the time. I told her that I was really disappointed by that and I said she can keep it. I travel to Atlanta few times a year, but am probably not going back until June. I just went to Bestbuy to buy one. The cable itself is $19 and the adapter is $19. They cost me $40...

I am REALLY MAD!! In what world the manager of the Quality Inn would have to pay $40 to ship my charger back to me in Louisiana!! This is absurd! With such a poor management and service, I don't think I would want to stay there again and definitely would not recommend others to stay there.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank tcvmkoh
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn Marietta

Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

My parents and I stopped at the quality inn on our way to tampa to get some rest before continuing our drive. Upon arrival, the man at the desk, whose name was Zaid I believe, was very kind and quickly checked us in and directed us to our room. The hotel is clean and nicely laid out and doesn't have that nasty tricolor print carpet and thin comforters. It was clean and sleek looking and simple. Our room was comfortable, the counters were marble or granite, I don't remember. Either way, it was nice. My mom complained about the pillows however her issue was resolved. The vending machine on our floor was not working but we were not too bothered by it. We saved that dollar instead of buying a coke. The staff was very friendly and personable and the free breakfast was adequate and nicely laid out. They had waffles, toast, pastries, yogurt, cereal, etc. upon leaving, the woman at the desk gave my mom a bottle of water for the road. We had a very pleasant and enjoyable night at the quality inn! I'd definitely recommend it.

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Neena R
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I have stayed at this hotel before when they were renovating, it has come a long way, but still needs a little more work. The beds were very comfortable and the room was clean. It needs more outlets for plugging in devices. The room phone needs updating the cord kept falling out and disconnecting calls. The front desk staff were very accomodating.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 October 2013

This is just what what you would expect for a motel just off the interstate. Clean with a good bed. Nothing more. A rounded bottom bathtub made the shower a bit tricky but we managed. Our room and the reception area needs to be updated. The entire interior just looked old and worn. But it was clean. The "free" breakfast covered the basics. Would I stay here again? Maybe.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2013

This hotel is very clean, the employees are friendly and well trained. My room was extremely clean ad comfortable. Ice and vending machines were well located, clean and stocked. WIfi was very good. Flat screen TV with good channels Plenty of plug ins for all devices. I will be back.

Room Tip: I like the 1st floor
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 September 2013

very clean and fresh with a welcoming and courteous staff. My room was cleaned and maintained for multiple night guests. Great housekeeping and management did a great job with the accommodations. Very happy overall, no complaints.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Very happy with this hotel. Service at front desk was very friendly and had all the information i needed for traveling. Arrived at hotel around 12 am. Guy at front dest was full of smiles and great attitude for the time we arrived. After the pleasent conversation it was a short walk to the elevator. Got a 2bed smoking room with a cat. Room had slight smoking smell (to be expected) but smell was light enough to know it was cleaned regularly. Inspected every inch or the room. Bedding, pillows, blankets, towels, and mattresses are all clean and unstained. No pet smell anywhere. Floors and bathroom are clean with slight normal wear. Bathtub was slick but grip strips were in the tub. If you stood on the strips, you dont slip. Great water pressure in shower. Mini fridge, microwave, coffee pot and hairdryer available in room. Would stay at this hotel again if i was in the area again. Would recommend this hotel to pet travelers everywhere. Great hotel for the price we paid. $15pet room fee for the quality inn, $250 for a pet room fee at the holliday inn express directly across the street.

Room Tip: This hotel is located left off the 261 exit on i-75 north. Its easy off i-75 and back on again. Grea...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family