“Substandard Lodging”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Ranked #14 of 34 Hotels in Marietta
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Front desk staff was unpleasesant on check in. I got a jacuzzi room that had dirty carpeting with holes and worn spots in the floor, the jacuzzi had oily dried hair on the sides and bottom, the bathroom sink had an oil film spread across various spots, the room smelled of urine, the bathroom floor had some sort of liquid spilled on it. I had to pry the coffee pot off the burner plate. The furniture was old and the overall experience was by far the worst I have ever experienced, I refused to walk on the carpet or bathroom without shoes on. I could understand if the rates were low, but i paid $118 and chose this hotel becuase it was priced higher thinking that would be representative of the quality (you get what you pay for) however,in this case that could not be farther from the truth. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone and will never stay at a Baymont Inn again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Debbie T

Reviewed 17 June 2012

We stayed here on a last minute decision due to the weather after attending a concert in the Atlanta area. We booked the room within two hours of arriving, which wasn't until shortly after midnight. When we got there the doors were locked and the attendant was nowhere in sight. We had to wait a few minutes and shout to get his attention because there was no bell or anything to let him know that we were there waiting for him so we could check in. We booked in at this hotel specifically for the king size bedroom with the Jacuzzi in it. I am asked if the room was handicap accessible and was told that the hotel was not set up for handicap accessibility and neither was the room. The carpet in the hotel looked dated and could use replacing and there was a musty smell in the hallways. When we got into the room it looked like it did on the website and was clean but there was a smell the got much worse after I lit up just one cigarette. The Jacuzzi tub did work well but had to be wiped out. The carpet in the room was the same as was in the hallways but it was jagged and torn in some places and needed to be replaced. The bed was terrible! It was hard as a rock and very uncomfortable which made it very difficult to sleep on that night. The only thing that helped was the plentiful number of fluffy, comfortable pillows. I actually had to get in the Jacuzzi the following morning to help with my sore muscles due to sleeping on the hard bed. They advertise breakfast, that is offered from 6:30 - 9:30am, which we were really disappointed in when we went down in the morning to see what was offered. There was a couple of cereals, a couple of cold muffins, one ego waffle with only sugar-free syrup, and some English muffins. It wasn't well stocked and for something to drink they had part of a gallon of orange juice sitting out and a pot of regular coffee. There was not ice available at the so called "breakfast bar" and the only ice machine that was working was on the lower level. I did not find any vending machines around the night before so I had to drive to the gas station that was across the street at the corner to get a drink and a snack. There was no helpful materials available in the room telling about things to do in the area that you find in most hotels and motels. When it came to the TV, there were hardly any channels available that came in clearly enough to watch which was irritating and there was not channel listing in he room. The refrigerator, microwave, TV, coffee maker, Jacuzzi and hairdryer were all available in the room but I only know that the TV, Jacuzzi and refrigerator were working, we did not try using any of the other items and could not speak to weather or not they were functional. My husband and I would most defiantly recommend that NO ONE STAY AT THIS HOTEL and WE WOULD NEVER COME BACK to this establishment if it were the only place available to stay. I would rather sleep in my car than stay here, it would be more comfortable.

Room Tip: DO NOT stay here!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We stayed here April 29/12 on our way home from Florida. Booked ahead as we had an 8 hr drive to get there and arrived late i.e. 11:00 pm. When booking in my wife inquired about breakfast- where, when. The sign with the hours was convienently covered but stated beakfst was @ 6:00 am, however the clerk said they did not start until 6:30- 7:00 because that is "what our guests prefer". He did say coffee and "maybe" some danish rolls would be out. As we wanted to get on the road home (11hrs) we said OK. Next am no coffee, no danish, not even any sign of any acrtivity in the brkfst area. Clerk was of no help and prompty shut out the lights in the area that my wife had turned on. SO, I suppose, one could say we made a mountain out of a mole hill but just meant we had to stop one more time. We will give this place a pass when we head down to Florida in Nov.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 March 2011

I booked at a discounted price of $36 per night and was pleasantly surprised. The front desk clerks were very nice, the room was big, towels were clean, sheets very clean and very fluffy pillows. The bathroom was also very clean, the shower was clean and the shower curtain very clean. I don't know what people expect for the price, but for $36, it was a Mansion. You get what you pay for, but in this case, you'll get much more.

Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 March 2011

Friendly front desk folks, even when I bantered about the price verses expedia pricing. The room was large, clean and didn't smell. I choose this hotel because the rooms doors are inside the building instead of the outside. So the security was better. Other reviewers complaints seem unwarranted as I have stayed here multiple times and everyone has been very courteous. Though the hotel does need to work on equipment quite a bit. But for the expedia pricing, I'm staying there again next month.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 March 2011

It is clear that the low wage bottom of the barrel has been scraped in this otherwise acceptable motel, at least as it regards the front desk. Very poorly dressd, no eye contact, and it almost seemed that rooms were being applied for by the guest rather than graciously confirmed by management. English, if that is what was spoken, mumbled and garbled. Rooms are big with separate sitting area, but old tube tv means that re-investment is not a major consideration. No glasses in bath. Microwave, coffee maker and mini-fridge are benefits. But courtesy is still contagious and it all begins with a caring management and staff. It is not evident here.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 March 2011

While I cannot agree with the last reviewer that this hotel is terrible, there is certainly room for improvement. The rooms are clean, but the furniture and decor is tired. The ice machine on the first floor is still inoperable, but there are others on other floors. Online, the hotel advertises 70 channels – not true – 20 at best and while we were there one satellite was out, so no network channels were available at all. There was no listing of channels, in fact there is no hotel information in the rooms at all as is customary – no indication of amenities available, restaurants nearby and so on. The continental breakfast is pitiful – the only bread to toast was white bread – no bagels, or English Muffins or even whole wheat bread. There were toaster waffles and sweet rolls and two choices of dry cereal. Not up to par for a national chain. The beds however are very comfortable and the staff is very courteous. I would suggest that Baymont could do some more training at this site, however.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple