“Cleaning Staff left our room half-done”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Ranked #14 of 33 Hotels in Marietta
Champaign
“Cleaning Staff left our room half-done”
Reviewed 30 September 2012

We had driven 600+ miles that day and just wanted a clean, quiet room to spend the night and hit the road again early next morning. Once we got into our room, there were no drinking cups. Went to lobby to get some. Then my friend discovered no shower curtain. I called desk and asked for shower curtain. The front desk lady brought the shower curtain and handed it to my friend. I called the desk and asked her to send someone to install the shower curtain. OK, fine. Now we look at our beds, sheets did not look frresh & clean and one bed had pillow cases missing. I went to lobby AGAIN to rreport missing pillow cases. At this point the lady moved us to another room. The new room seemed much better. We finally got a good nights sleep and hit the road early next morning. I am not one to complain, it just looked like the cleaning staff had left halfway thru doing our room. Also, we asked the front desk lady where was the closest restaurant and she directed to a place a few miles from here (Marietta Diner) stating the only places nearby were "fast food". We started out and immediately saw an Applebees, pulled in and had a good dinnner. Don't know why she directed to a place severeal miles away. Front Desk people spend all their time on their laptops when not checking in/out customers. Room was extremely humid.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends

1 Thank randykay10

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
CHIPLEY
Reviewed 27 September 2012

This hotel is dirty and in a bad location. The bathroom was dirty, had 3 conditioners and no shampoo and there was 1 washcloth and 1 towel for 2 people. The refrigerator did not work, there was an ironing board but no iron. The closet had one hanger, both the microwave and the alarm clock were not plugged in. Will never stay there again. The only nice thing I can say is the man at the check-in desk was friendly.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple

ALMA
Reviewed 19 September 2012

Bathroom and floor were not clean....Which made me wonder about the rest of the room. There were no bath rags in the bathroom.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business

HALE
Reviewed 19 September 2012

The breakfast was just danish and toast, no bagels, fruit, etc. The manager was very rude. There was pubic hair on the toilet when I checked in from the people before us. Breakfast was supposed to be at 6:30am, but in the morning we were told it was at 7:00am The manager told me "1/2 won't make a difference in my life". It did however I had to get to MI that day. The pool wasn't open.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple

HILTON HEAD ISLAND
Reviewed 15 September 2012

This was the first Baymont Inn that I have been disgusted with. I always try to make my reservation at a Baymont Inn because up till now I've alway had a great experience. I was extremely tired from my travels and was hoping to stay at a nice clean Baymont Inn but that wasn't the case. The first room I was given the bed was unmade, second room the refrigerator was dirty and there was hair all over the bathtub. So I got to look at a third room and unfortunately the third one was not the charm, the water in the in the bathtub did not drain, the shower curtain was mildewy and the air was so musty I was afraid for my health.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business

Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 9 September 2012

When I checked in it was raining and one of the clerks who works in the hotel had his car parked under the hotel awning, I had to ask him to move his vehicle so I could get my suit case out without getting soaked. The counter clerk was very rude, short and unfriendly like why are you bothering me. Another day I went to ask for more towels since I had the do not disturbed on the door and the lady at the front desk say she doesn't have any. Mind you this was during the day in the middle of the day how do you run out of towels already.

There isn't very many parking spots either but the hotel was booked for the holiday weekend. I'm on the fence if I would ever stay there again for the price that I paid.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Covington, Georgia
Reviewed 1 September 2012

Check in was fast and the room was average. My room (115) didnt have a remote. I told the front desk and they had one sent to my room in 15min. The bathroom was ok, the toliet was not steady, it would rock side to side. I was only there for one night so I didnt make a big deal about it. The carpet could have been cleaner, but it wasnt bad. Overall no a bad place for a night, I would not park in the back of the hotel.......

Room Tip: Park in the front of the hotel.