“Great service, great food, great ambiance” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Seed Kitchen & Bar

Seed Kitchen & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Seed Kitchen & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 710 Restaurants in Marietta
Price range: US$20 - US$45
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Roswell Rd
Description: Seed Kitchen & Bar is a chef driven, modern American neighborhood restaurant by Chef Doug Turbush located at Merchant's Walk in East Cobb. The expansive boutique wine program provides cherry picked wines at incredible values. Mixologists stir up vintage and modern takes on cocktails, and American and International Craft beers are on tap in this vibrant, sleek and modern setting designed by Ai3.
Powder Springs, Georgia
“Great service, great food, great ambiance”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

We made reservations via Open Table for our anniversary, and when we arrived, our table was ready and we were handed menus entitled "Happy Anniversary Mr. and Mrs. Fortino!" What a pleasant surprise! Our server was Keith and he was exceedingly helpful with the menu and the wine selection. I told Keith of my carb restrictions, so he good about thinking through the things I wanted to order to make sure there were no surprises!

My husband ordered the deviled eggs as his first course (with smoked salmon, roasted jalapeno cream, capers, and dill). I had the special appetizer: three mini (2") tacos filled with ceviche, avocado, and topped with slivers of radish! Of course, we shared these with each other. Delicious! We both wanted to lick the roasted jalapeno cream off my husband's plate, but we restrained ourselves.

I had the butter lettuce salad with Jalapeno Buttermilk Vinaigrette. Fresh greens (a bit difficult to eat because they were whole, but a knife comes in hand!). This was a deliciously simple salad. My husband went with "wretched excess" -- mixed baby farm lettuces with gorgonzola, spiced pecans, and a white balsamic vinaigrette. He pronounced it wonderful.

My husband had the seafood special: swordfish in some deeply rich sauce, with fingerling potatoes and braised greens. Too dark and heavy for my tastes, but he, as a beef eater, pronounced it terrific! I had the fresh catch of the day (Hake) with roasted cauliflower, caramalized Brussels sprouts, and Thai herb vinaigrette. The fish was excellent (crisp on the top and tender throughout) and the vegetables? Well, I could have eaten plates full of them, and slurped the vinaigrette that remained in the bottom of my bowl with a straw!

Keith recommended a couple of white wines at different price points. We ordered the more expensive of the two: Phifer Pavitt 'Date Night' Sauvignon blanc. Oh my goodness! I love a sauvignon blanc for its simplicity and straightforward taste: this had that simplicity PLUS a twist toward a sweet aftertaste. The wine filled your mouth and went so well with our meal.

We had decided against dessert, though my husband was wanting the Tres Leches Cake, when lo and behold! Keith appears with the Tres Leches Cake with a lit candle, and the words "Happy Aniversary" enscribed in chocolate on the plate.

What an evening! What a restaurant! What a server! This was an unforgettable evening.

2 Thank mfortino2000

San Diego, California
“This is Terrific”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Don't let the mall location throw you off. when you enter the restaurant you'll find the décor to be relaxing, but somehow also having a subtle elegant edge--an interesting balance.

The wine list is deep and the sommelier knowledgeable. The appetizers and salads are unique and very good. But the entrees are what will intrigue you. The menu ranges from simple fare to wonderful house specialties. Try the smoked, grilled pork chop; it is remarkably good.

The desserts are knockouts as well. This is a unique place. I wish I lived in Atlanta so I could dine there often.

1 Thank RL089
Atlanta
“Great spot, so good you better call ahead”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

We really like this place both for food and drinks. It is always busy at prime time so reservations are wise. I have tried several entrees and liked them all. Nice small bar are if you get there early. Few but exceptional choices for beer and extensive cocktails.

It has some appeal for the foodie types with unique flare in the menu. The menu also varies with the season.

I am rating 4 but wish there was 4.5 option. I am just stingy with the 5 that way.

• Visited February 2014
Marietta, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food, limited menu.”

The low down:
Food - Well prepared and presented. I've never had a disappointing meal at Seed.
Value - A bit pricy for East Cobb.
Atmosphere - Suburban snobby chic. A place for East Cobbers to go and pretend they are somewhere besides East Cobb.
Wine list - Won't knock your socks off, but there are enough good wines on the list that you should be able to find something you like.
Beer - Limited options, but usually a couple of good ones on tap.

Marietta, Georgia
“Good but Pricey!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

We ate dinner at Seed, on the recommendation of frients of ours. I had the jumbo sea scallops, which were wonderful! My husband had the burger and said that it was just OK. The prices are high, I think, for what we got. My wine was $10 a glass and my friend's was $14. A bit too rich for my blood, but if you don't mind paying the higher price, you'll probably enjoy it. Service was very good. They also offer the option for you to bring your own wine, but charge a $15/bottle corkage fee. Good to know if you are wine connoisseur.