“OK, good price, felt a little unsafe”

Studio 6 Atlanta - Marietta
Ranked #14 of 33 Hotels in Marietta
Reviewed 21 September 2012

This is a central location but if you're a single girl, I would stay away. This place is okay for a few nights but be careful where you park and never leave anything unattended. If you're a drug dealer, smoker, etc. you may do well here. Saw a lot of deals go down, found a bag of weed next to my car one morning, and some roach clips. And some real roaches too. A little bit of everything. Free wifi, but the bathroom leaked the whole time, and they say they're big fridges, but I had a larger fridge in my dorm room in college. Trying to find a weekly hotel while I purchase a home and this was central to bank and house...Left early and transferred to the studio 6 in Roswell while I continued to surf the housing market. Would have given it lower, but they did supply the hotel with Marietta police a few nights a week.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank mascaroc
Crystal G, General Manager at Studio 6 Atlanta - Marietta, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2013

Studio 6 is excited to offer our guests the very best in accomdations,guest services, security and 'feel right at home' amenities. Many changes are taking place which will be more inviting and satisfying. We look forward to having you return as a guest in the near future.
Studio 6 Mansgement Team

There are newer reviews for Studio 6 Atlanta - Marietta

Reviewed 30 August 2012

stay for a couple week do to my job. it was in my budget, quiet, and kept up. the front desk satff was very nice and helpful. i would stay there again. Im think about going back in the summer cause they had a nice pool that i would like to take lap around

Room Tip: The back side is the best
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Kids, drunks (and everything else in between) run around all day and all night, seven days a week. Management does not seem to care nor exist.

Do not come here if you're looking for peace and quiet. Management does not seem to care nor exist.

Do not come here if you expect empty rolls of toilet paper to be replaced. Management does not seem to care nor exist.

Do not come here if you care about your car. Management does not seem to care nor exist.

Do not come here if you're prone to slipping on ice that's always all over the floor as soon as you walk into the entrance on your side of the building. Management does not seem to care nor exist.

Do not come here if the sight of drug-sniffing dogs marching up and down the parking lot on a daily basis make you feel as though you live in a ghetto.

Do not come here if you have any other choice, and you do.

There are numerous hotels in the area and they can't be much worse.

Oh, the room was nice, but only like a mirage in a housing project.

Management does not seem to care nor exist.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 24 April 2012

I stayed in this motel last July and didn't have any significant problems. It is a fairly cheap motel, so I wasn't expecting much, and it had what I needed.

However, I just stayed again the weekend of 4/20-4/22, and it was horrible! One of our beds broke not long after we had checked in, and the office had already closed. We had to go to the Motel 6 office and the front desk clerk, named Alfredo just laughed at us and told us that we were stuck for the night. He was also talking to other guests about someone recently burning some rooms up while cooking met. His "associate" (Manuel, I think) luckily came back and called the manager of the hotel. She gave him permission to move us to another room, something Alfredo had said was impossible. We got all of our stuff moved to our new room, after we made sure the beds were not broken. Then, we went to put our food in the refrigerator and it was not working. I called about this issue and Alfredo said he would have "Manuel" call us back when he got back from inspecting a room. I did not receive a call back to switch out the refrigerator. I called the next morning and finally after 3 calls that day, got someone up to our room to switch out the refrigerator with the one from our previous room. I would have checked out and changed hotels, but it was just the weekend, and we had too much stuff to move! No one that worked at the property seemed to care about any of our problems. I also went down to get the moving cart on checkout day, and it was broken, so we had to lug our stuff back down 5 floors. It was a ridiculous experience, and I will not be returning!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank arg928
Reviewed 10 December 2011

The facilities themselves were fine, the price was perfect and the proximity to fast food chains and Interstate 75 couldn't have been better. But, we didn't feel safe. While checking in, there was a policeman confirming with the clerk if a certain person had checked in. Not a good first impression! They also had a problem with their credit card machine so I had to pay cash. Lots of guys were loitering around in doorways and on the stairs and around the pool. My son and I swam in the pool and while it was clean and big, the guys standing around put me on edge. We only stayed one night as we were on our way to Florida. I had reserved 2 connecting rooms as we were 6, but when we arrived, the clerk informed us that none were available. Instead, he gave us 2 rooms next to each other. Coming back, we were supposed to stay there again but after that 1 night, I canceled our reservation.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank mlgocon
Reviewed 5 December 2011

I have stayed here about six times over the last several years. It is not a fine hotel, but I have always had a clean room at a very good price. Close to lots of good things to do. Ask to look at your room before you check in.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, be sure to get a room away from I-75.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank 4bird1
Reviewed 28 November 2011

This was one of the worst hotel rooms I've ever stayed in. The mattress was so hard that I barely slept at all and I had a terrible backache the next morning. The comforter looked as though it had 2 bullet holes in it. There was no hair dryer, no shampoo, no conditioner. The few towels we had were small and scratchy. The mini fridge had a shelf duct-taped so it wouldn't fall off. We had planned on staying 2 nights, but quickly made other reservations for the second night.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple