“A Little Disappointed”

The Vineyard Cafe and Dinner Theatre
Ranked #76 of 721 Restaurants in Marietta
Price range: US$8 - US$9
Cuisines: American
Description: Please come in and enjoy our warm and charming atmosphere overlooking Historic Marietta Square. Everything is made from scratch and stands out above the rest. If you can make it to the second floor you won't be sorry! Our reputation for our Cafe Chicken Salad Croissant, loaded with cranberries and almonds is growing. We've been told it's "the best I've ever had"! We use only fresh ingredients and have prepared a menu that is unique and full of flavor. 2016 was the first year of our Dinner Theatre on Saturday and Sunday evenings. Go to our website and click on the Dinner Theatre link for show info, dates and times. The Vineyard Cafe is the perfect destination for your next lunch meeting, impromptu tea party or enjoying your meal in the park with lunch-to-go. Book your next party, bridal luncheon, or baby shower in any of our private rooms. We host tea parties for both adults and children. The Vineyard Cafe has an extensive dinner menu available for catering parties after hours. Please call for more information .
“A Little Disappointed”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

It has been a while since my daughter and I paid a visit here, so we decided to go. I have been craving the sweet potato salad. When we got there we were seated by the window, which was nice - even though the woman next to us wanted to share her conversation with the entire restaurant. It is very open. The waitress was not very friendly, but prompt to take our order. When our order was received I could not believe the tiny portion of potato salad that was brought - about 2 bites and it was gone. Truthfully, everything has downsized since our last visit and for $8, you would expect a little more lunch for your money. On top of it, we had to ask for a refill. It would have been nice to be asked by the waitress at least once if we needed anything after she brought our lunch. And a smile wouldn't have hurt either. On a good note, the young lady at the front desk who seated us was very nice. I've always found this restaurant a great place for lunch, especially for women who love tea. But this time I left thinking I'm not sure I want to return. Sad, it's was such a nice place. Maybe it was just an off day. I'm hoping that is the case.

• Visited August 2013

Marietta, Georgia
“Where ladies lunch on the Square”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

This is a lovely little tea room above a boutique. The food is fresh and delightful. My one and only complaint is that it is not handicapped accessible. No elevator. If everyone in your party is fit to climb a long flight of stairs, you're good to go.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank cathy d
queensland
“Did not enjoy our lunch at all”
Reviewed 22 June 2013

We had to wait 7 minutes before we could enter the cafe, there is a waiting room outside and we were asked to wait for 5 minutes before a table would be free. When we entered I oticed that there were only three other tables occupied so not sure wny we had to wait outside for 'a table to be free'
We shared and had a pizza made on a flatbread and a toasted sandwich. We thought both were very bland, especially the pizza, I make them at home and mine are far better and tastier. The price for what we got was a little expensive. Maybe we ordered the wrong dishes, I did see a few nice salads come out and wished I had ordered a salad when I saw and tasted the pizza. Very disappointing and I would not go back.

• Visited June 2013
“unique”
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Always a very nice lunch, fun view of Marietta Square, unusual sandwiches with varied, unexpected ingredients. My only disappointment is that there is no ordinary iced tea, only peach-flavored.

• Visited April 2013
Sunrise, Florida
“Eclectic luncheon spot”
Reviewed 29 March 2013

Wandered in because we thought it was Italian food, but it really isn't. The food is pretty ecletic, prepared individually and very fresh. Some flatbreads, some sandwiches, soup, quiche and some Italianish entrees. Small menu but very good, Lots of teas. Nice list of wines. The cafe itself is upstairs overlooking old Marietta Square. 2 dining rooms, uneven floors, small kitchen, probably used to be a couple of apartments. You have to walk through a gift store downstairs to get to the stairs up at the back. Service was friendly and knowledgeable. Unhurried. Lunch only.

• Visited February 2013