“Englishmen Forgiven, Phone lady- Think before you post on the internet again”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Georgia Theatre Company
Ranked #34 of 43 things to do in Marietta
San Diego, California
“Englishmen Forgiven, Phone lady- Think before you post on the internet again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

I thought it was a nice theatre. The staff were actually doing their job and made an effort. The Englishmen who couldn't bring in his snacks...Now you know you usually aren't allowed to bring in outside snacks and flash it in front of the staff..I agree with Slaphappie on the phone lady. Turn your phone on silent and put it away. Your employer emailed you, you can wait an hour to two before responding and you can apologize to him after and explain. Way to drop her name, and you say she chasitised you like a child but your post is a clear cut example of childish behavior... Overall My experience was extremely pleasant and I enjoyed my time.

Visited July 2014

Marietta, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“To the idiot who was using her cell phone in the above review...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

So let me get this straight? You were using a cell phone in a movie, where you aren't supposed to, and are upset because the manager (whose full name you reposted for the entire internet...stay classy) did her job and told you to stop... Yet SHE was unprofessional? You're despicable. I am glad you're never going back there because I like watching my movies without fools like you who are too selfish to leave to use their mobiles. You're in the wrong, and I hope you someday realize people like you make the world a worse place to live.

Visited March 2014
4 Thank Slaphappie
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Ms SARAH MARTINEZ was extremely rude and unprofessional”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

We visited the location 2925 W Frank Gordy Pkwy to see The Lego movie. While inside of the movie theatre I received a very important email from my employer. (This message came through silently and at no time did my cellular phone make any noise) I then began reading it and Ms. Sarah Martinez (General Manager) of this location walked up to me and in a very loud voice stated "YOU NEED TO PUT THAT PHONE AWAY". I then asked if the light was distracting someone and she again stated in a very rude way "YOU NEED TO PUT THAT PHONE AWAY, THERE IS NO CELL PHONE USAGE IN THIS THEATRE". I then stated that I was not talking on my cellular phone but I needed to check an important email. She then stated that I had to leave the theatre in order to do so. Ms. Martinez not only disturbed everyone in the theatre but she acted in an extremely unprofessional manner.

I did not leave the location as the email only took 2 minutes to respond to but I did request to speak with Ms. Martinez after the movie ended. Again she spoke to me in a manner that was consistent with a parent chastising their child. She had no respect for me as a customer and was proud to flaunt her status in front of the employees and other customers alike. I explained to Ms. Martinez that I was in the midst of checking an email and if this interrupted anyone in there plight to view the movie, I apologize. I then explained to her that a General manager should know how to treat every customer and that the way she approached me with regards to an issue was very unprofessional.

I am a long time resident of East Cobb and their are numerous movie theaters in this area. I will be sure to alert all of my associates, friends and anyone that I encounter with regards to this location and the very rude staff. I will also advise them that they should visit better locations that appreciate them as a customer. Unfortunately, my children were involved as well and had a very negative experience due to Ms Martinez's actions.

Ms. Sarah Martinez represented the GEORGIA THEATRE COMPANY in a very unprofessional way.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank Abidemi U
Atlanta, Georgia
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Good 3D experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013 via mobile

We went to see the Desolation of Smaug in 3D, our first time at this theater. I really enjoyed the 3D glasses. They were high quality and blocked out the extra annoying light on the sides. My husband said he had a slight film on his and tried cleaning it but it didn't work (he said he should have just gotten another pair but didn't). I was impressed through.

The seats were decent, not full stadium seating like you see in the larger theaters but they were still tiered, which was good for me because I am short and can't stand having heads in front of me blocking a big chunk of the screen. It helped that, though it was sort of busy, it wasn't packed.

The popcorn was ok, not the best movie popcorn I've had but still fine to munch on during a movie.

We will go back - the prices were a little better than other theaters and much closer to us.

Hendersonville, Tennessee
“Nice movie theatre....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2013

We went on 4th of July to a movie. The theatre was nice and clean. The seating was very comfortable, although the seats with the lift-up armrests would have been nicer. It was a matinee, so I was pleased with the $8 movie price. It was a nice way to spend a rainy afternoon.

Visited July 2013