“What a joke!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 24 March 2014

This is a very pretentious little restaurant. The menu his extremely limited, and what they had wasn't interesting. When the entrees finally arrived, I saw a large portion of short rib (without any flavor) and the duck was 6 little slices, an appetizer sized portion. The prices are very high for the quality! They are Very proud of their farm-to-table trendiness, but they cannot deliver the goods. Don't waste your time/money. You can find much more satisfying restaurants almost anywhere.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

I had been wanting to try this place for awhile so my wife took me on my birthday. We were not disappointed in the experience. This place is not snooty....jeans are good to go. Our table was ready upon arrival and we were seated immediately by the hostess who was very friendly. There are a good many appetizers to choose from and we decided to go with the mushroom flatbread. It was an excellent size portion and is a greater starter for two to share. I would agree with many of the other reviewers who note that the entree menu is limited. This is probably due in part to the fact that the concept of the Butcher the Baker is to bring organic farm fresh quality product to the table. Thus they only buy what is fresh and available from their vendors (mostly farms in N.GA) Our waitress told us that the menu changes every two days. I chose the Duck Breast and my wife chose the steak (sort of a ribeye cut but not exactly). The portions were adequate but given the size of the appetizer I had expected more. The food was very flavorful and I enjoyed both my duck and my wife's steak. We finished off our meal with a chocolate mousse tort that was good....but fell short of the quality of the appetizer and the entrees. Craft cocktails are available and mine was a rum based drink that was very good. The restaurant also offers a decent selections of wine and bourbon. I think this is a great place to take friends or out of town visitors that want to experience a taste of Georgia. We enjoyed our meal and wil lbe back to this establishment in the future.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

My husband and I visited The Butcher The Baker for the first time for dinner a couple of weeks ago. The menu is imaginative and interesting and features all farm-to-table, mostly organic ingredients. The food is delicious and high-end yet the restaurant itself is cozy and comfortable (we saw everyone from couples, to single diners, to families with children there - they even have a kids' menu!) We started with their 5th kingdom mushroom flatbread and their pickled satsuma and mixed green salad with goat cheese and a spiced vinagrette - both were excellent. My husband enjoyed their local grass-fed steak and I had their to-die-for short ribs with creamed collards. For dessert, we shared the tres leches cake with sour cream ice cream and sauteed apples and cranberries. Their bread basket was equally delicious as were their cocktails (I can't remember the name of mine but it involved something akin to a whiskey sour with cabarnet savignon in it - yum) and they have a lovely wine list with lots of wines by the glass. Our server was excellent and well informed and made us feel welcome and comfortable. What a great treat to have a restaurant of this caliber on the Marietta Square. I'd rank it right up there with Bacchanalia and other great Atlanta restaurants. Be forewarned - Alton Brown just named this place one of his favorite spots in Atlanta so go soon while you can still get a table!

Reviewed 22 January 2014

Attended a wine dinner at the Butcher The Baker and found it to be top notch. The restaurant specializes in fresh ingredients prepared with great creativity. However, fear not....meat is a big part of the menu and this is not some high priced bird and rabbit food. The menu ranged from a grilled octopus salad, goat cheese ravioli and a main course of roasted pork loin. Dessert was a wonderful yogurt mousse with blood orange marmalade. The wine pairings during the meal were interesting and off the beaten path. It is nice to see someone take a little risk with wine pairings. Highly recommend......This is a great alternative to Cobb County surburban restaurant lameness. Give it a shot.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

The food was very good, but not cheap----a little more pricey than other options at the Marietta Square.