“Great Hole in the Wall Carribean”
Review of Paulee's Place 2

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Paulee's Place 2
Ranked #311 of 724 Restaurants in Marietta
Cuisines: Caribbean
Sherwood, Arkansas
“Great Hole in the Wall Carribean”
Reviewed 8 June 2013

Found Paulee's by accident next to a dive shop just outside Dobbins ARB. Exactly the kind of Mom and Pop Hole in the wall I love. In fact, I'm pretty sure Momma was the cook and waitress (kids were playing WIi sports on one of the two TVs). The place is small, simple with no frilles. You can walk up to the counter and get take out or there are about 8 booths for eat in. Table ware was paper napkins, paper plates, and plastic ware.

"Momma" said I could sit anywhere and help myself to a drink from the cooler - I got a bottle Pinna Colada iced tea. She came over and gave the scoop on the various dishes on the menu - all sounded great so I went with a Paulees Platter - which is a three meat comb. I was feeling adventurous so I choose Curry Chicken, Jerk Ribs, and Oxtail Stew with a side of fried plantains.

"Momma went back, and fixed my plate - everything came fresh and piping hot. Portions were huge. I had an oversized plate piled deep with rice and beans. There where two good sized Curry Chicken drumsticks - meat falling off the bone, with excellent curry flavors going on. A pile of Jerk Rib meat so tender the bones were almost a garnish - incredible sweet and spice going on. Oxtail - never had that before - was an adventure - meat and stew were excellent, like good pot roast but you have to work your way around the bones and such. Drippings and sauces from all the above was soaked up by the rice making that extra special. The fried plantains (huge)came on the side (not enough room on the main plate). They were perfect and helped put out the fire from the jerk spice - I treated them like a dessert. I was completely stuffed and had half a plate left over, it was totally delicious and only spent about $13.

If you're looking for fancy this ain't it. If you're look for really good, authentic, home-style cooking but with a spicy Caribbean kick definitely check out Paulee's.

• Visited June 2013