“Friendly staff, clean rooms, great stay”

Radisson Atlanta Northwest
Ranked #10 of 33 Hotels in Marietta
Sterling Heights, Michigan
“Friendly staff, clean rooms, great stay”
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed here on our way to Florida the day it opened up after renovations. There was only us and a few other families there because it was their first day. All of the hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. Upon checkin, we noticed that they had not yet filled their pool and mentioned it to the ladies at the front desk and they gave us a discount for it! The hotel itself is beautiful. Our room was very clean and the bathroom is spacious unlike most hotel bathrooms. The beds were very comfortable and the comforter wasn't a generic, ugly hotel comforter. Just plain white (I don't know about you but I always care about the comforters at hotels). There is a full service restaurant and bar in the hotel which is also very nice and convenient. It was not pricey at all and the food was absolutely delicious! The menu didn't have a huge selection but what was on it was great. All of the wait staff was very friendly and the chef even came out to talk to us! We had a full conversation with him and our waitresses. I would most definitely recommend the Radisson for anyone that is passing through Marietta.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Megan V

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Thai first
SD
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel right before they closed it for renovation.
The hotel had just changed ownership and management. Even though the hotel looked a little dated, the service was excellent.
The new manager told me they were closing for 90 days to go through an extensive renovation of all areas and guest rooms.

Room Tip: They have beautiful corner rooms with a lot of natural light.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
PORT CLINTON
Reviewed 15 March 2014

I stayed at this property in January 2014. I came to Atlanta to visit my brother who was at Tranquility Hospice in Marietta, GA. The Hotel location was excellent, very convenient to get around. I am in the hospitality industry and I was impressed with the property, looked like it was well maintaned, and the welcome I received from Bharat B was fantastic. The only issue I can comment on was the carpeting in my room needed deep cleaning. Thank you for everything, and when I get back that way, will certainly be staying here again.

Room Tip: My room was a balcony room, which was nice, on Saturday night the nightclub was interesting to watch...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank AUDRIANNA_ASH
Neshkoro, Wisconsin
Reviewed 25 February 2014

We were heading to Florida from Wisconsin. On January 27th we got stuck on the highway heading towards Atlanta believe it or not in a 2" snow storm. We got off at he Marietta exit and searched for a hotel. It was very stressful to say the least. We stopped at the Radisson and the staff couldn't have been more welcoming. Eve though they were tired and beat, they greeted us with a smile and a warm welcome. We ended up their a second night as the roads were closed and very icy. The manager and staff the second night gave us Georgia Southern Hospitality at it's best by hosting a gathering of all the guest's with food & wine in the restaurant area. What a surprise to all! We met a lot of nice folk's including Morgan and his staff.
Thanks for making a miserable to days a fun event & stay!
Tony & Audrie, Neshkoro,WI

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Satellite Beach, Florida
Reviewed 1 February 2014

We arrived after a long day of driving. Walked in & there was one person behind the desk. The restaurant & bar were beautiful, but there was not 1 person in sight ( no one)!! We stayed in what was a complete ghost town-very eerie. We left early the next morning feeling glad to be out of there, & there was absolutely not a soul anywhere in sight.

• Stayed October 2013
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Radisson Atlanta Northwest, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We take pride in our “Yes I Can!” culture and do apologize that you did not receive this level of service. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments, so we can continually improve our services. We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.
Demorest, Georgia
Reviewed 30 January 2014

After flying 14 hours we couldn't wait to get checked into our hotel and relax. We were also traveling with our small dog who was welcomed at the hotel when we arrived. I can't give enough praise & thank you to the staff at this hotel. When I made the reservation from Germany they were extremely helpful and friendly. I asked for help arranging an airport pick up/transfer (not free but worth the cost) to help with all the luggage and the dog crate, much to our relief he was waiting for us outside baggage claim even after a two hour flight delay, so thank you again ladies for making that an easy process for us getting to the hotel. This hotel is in the process of renovations (we would not have known if they hadn't told us) and will soon be sparkling new. Our room was clean, spacious, & the bed was a comfortable welcome sight. We ate breakfast in the hotels restaurant and would strongly recommend it unless the complimentary continental style breakfast is enough to get you going. We needed more and I had the Egg's Benedict while my husband went for Grits with Eggs & Bacon with juice & coffee to get us off to a good start. I would highly recommend this Radisson Hotel and will definitely stay there again if I'm in the area.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Chattanooga
Reviewed 28 January 2014

OK. I have Pricelined most of my travels for the last 10 years roughly. Have only be "screwed" a couple times. One of those was this hotel about 6-7 years ago. I put in for a 3.5 star hotel and what i got was 2 stars at best. Complained to Priceline and got the runaround. So I suggested that they actually visit their hotels before they rate them. Don't know what that hotel was at the time but basically it was bought by a Major Chain and they through on a coat of paint calling it renovated. It was a renovated dump and it was obvious. Been afraid to Priceline this area since. Fast forward and I got this hotel again but it had changed to Radisson. Upon arrival it was obvious that things were upgraded. Apparently whatever came after my last experience had done some work to take out the musty stench of this dump. This was based on the fact that the attendant when I arrived, upon questioning, confirmed that Radisson was in the process of a major renovation which meant much was yet to come. My room was very comfortable. Some dated notes but not bad. Could use movie option on the TV but not a major issue. Service was stellar!!!!!!!!!! I stayed 3 days and every single encounter with staff was exceptional. There is a much greater attention to detail and that is not by chance. Hope it continues and this will be a very successful stay in the future

Room Tip: The staff was quite accommodating for my upgrade requests. Be nice and if something is available th...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Bharat B, Front Office Manager at Radisson Atlanta Northwest, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Dear Neurotothomas,

Thank you for taking the time to respond and letting us to know about your stay. I am glad that our staff was able to accommodate all of your needs and requests. We are indeed in the process of renovating the hotel. We are exited to have everything in the guestrooms and bathrooms brand new by the Spring of 2014. In addition, we are renovating our meeting space, business center and nemerous other areas in our public space. I hope you will visit us again and see the changes.

Bharat B