“Too much Soda in the food.”

Vatica Indian Vegetarian Cuisine
Ranked #181 of 721 Restaurants in Marietta
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Indian
MARIETTA, GA
“Too much Soda in the food.”
Reviewed 14 January 2014

The restaurant servers eat-all-you-can Indian vegetarian. But the food contains too much Soda (possibly to cook food quickly or just to make people feel that they are stuffed too quickly). Expect to burp rest of your day - after eating this food.

Apart from that I had to wait for second serving of curries for too long.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank CHIRAG S

Cumming, Georgia, United States
“A True Delight - Even for a Carnivore!”
Reviewed 29 May 2013

I feel the positive reviews for this restaurant have nailed it in terms of the humor of the owner and the quality of the food; I have no idea what happened with those negative reviews but my experience was outstanding.

The primary reason I chose this place was because my guest is a vegetarian and I wanted to be respectful of her dietary choices. I was prepared to enjoy a mediocre and regretfully for me, meatless meal. Was I ever wrong! At no point during our meal did I think, "boy, this would be even better with chicken/pork/beef".

I also love the idea of not having a menu...it felt like going to a friends house where you were served whatever they were having for dinner that evening.

I feel like this are of town is somewhat lacking in great food establishment choices but I now have a wonderful go-to spot!

• Visited May 2013
Atlanta
“Vegetarian burgers from a year old frozen packs tastes better!”
Reviewed 5 March 2013

They have no menu...so you get what they serve in round steel platters called'thalis'. Couple of curries and unlimited tortillas. The owner is a trip. He cracks you up with his one liners. Sometimes his old lady pops her head out ...who I believe is the cook. She looks emancipated ...the food is very bad...never again at this place...

1 Thank wrldtrvlr2playgolf
Suwanee, Georgia
“Awful”
Reviewed 25 February 2013

The restaurant is located in a small strip mall. Tis one is the worst food cooked by Gujaratis. It is a shame almst unformly they have received 4 or 5 stars. May be they all have not eaten real food made by Gujaratis.
The food was tasteless, had almost no spice to spak of, the restaurant itself had no decor, the toilet was stinky and overall a bad experoience. Do not waste your time and money here.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank Jay S
Cudahy WI
“Wonderful Find for an Out-of-Towner”
Reviewed 4 January 2013

Vatica restaurant was a delightful surprise and it almost makes me wish we lived here.

We were greeted by the owner who has an outrageous sense of humor, but her certainly put us, and everyone else who walked in while we were there at ease.

As mentioned in other reviews there is no menu. They serve what they have cooked that day and after eating what arrives on your first plate they were around to see if we wanted more of anything or everything. There's no need to walk away hungry, and we did not.

The food was the best Indian either of us has ever had, and if we lived in the area we'd be regulars.

• Visited January 2013