“So-so Mexican”

Ranked #231 of 713 Restaurants in Marietta
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dunwoody, Georgia
“So-so Mexican”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

This is an okay place to go. Surprisingly the food was underseasoned. Bland guacamole dip (needed salt) and fish tacos that were only fair and a bit overpriced compared to other things on the menu. When I saw my friend sneak a few shakes of salt on her chicken soup we both laughed. Who puts extra salt on already salty Mexican food?

• Visited September 2013

“Yummy margaritas great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2013 via mobile

Had a frozen mango margarita which was fantastic. Had the shrimp, chicken, steak fajitas for 2 which really could feed 3 to 4 people. Great attentive service and food. Only complaint is its very loud. Weather permitting I would eat outside next time

Visited July 2013
atlanta
“Great lunch items.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2012 via mobile

The lunch nachos with shrimp, chicken and steak are excellent. I highly recomend the chicken soup, especially if you have a cold!

Marietta, Georgia, United States
“Cheap and kid-friendly”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2012 via mobile

While I won't say that Tijuana Joes is a great Mexican restaurant, it is cheap Mexican food and very kid friendly. They have plenty of seating, so the wait is never terribly long, and they have a nice patio if you want to sit outside. Another nice thing is the Mariachi Band that walks around among the tables and plays fun music while you eat. The kids love this, and they even know a few cartoon jingles. The inside has plenty of TVs on the walls and they are usually playing at least one set showing cartoons. So, the kids are happy and the margaritas are excellent. The foods not great, but the atmosphere is fun.

Brandon, FL
“Not my first choice.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2012

I go to visit my Dad at least once every year. I live in FL, he lives in GA. This last time I went, he suggested we go to Tijuana Joes because it was $1.50 taco night. I was hesitant...Last time I had gone to this place I did not like the food. But since I could not remember why, I decided it was worth another shot. We ordered the queso (which is the white cheese dip, down here in FL, I have YET to find that kind of queso served in any places...) and our tacos. I am glad I only ordered one hard taco. The meat was not very tasty. I cant even describe what it tasted like. Maybe cardboard? And this is a lot coming from me, because I usually like it to be pretty bland. But this was just...not good. My sister ordered two tacos and ended up not even finishing hers because she thought it was not good either. The server wasnt too shabby. He seemed to be on top of things with refilling drinks and being quick about things. If I go again, I will probably ONLY order the queso..this just is not my kind of place. :/

• Visited July 2012