“My favorite place to eat in Marietta”
Review of Marietta Diner

Marietta Diner
Ranked #1 of 25 Dessert in Marietta
Price range: US$6 - US$6
Cuisines: American, Diner, Delicatessen
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 9 May 2014

This is a great family restaurant with a menu that has something for everyone. The servings are rather large so expect to take something with you. Make sure to save room for dessert. As you enter the restaurant you will notice at least 3 cases full of various kinds of cakes. I have too many favorites to pick just one.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,940)

Reviewed 8 May 2014

We went to the Marietta Diner because we were told it was the place to go. What a disappointment. The outside is cute, it looks like a big silver diner. That's where it ends. It's like a giant Greek joint. Only the food is not as good as your average Greek joint. I ordered a meatloaf melt and the meatloaf was not like any meatloaf I'd ever seen before. It was more like lunch meat. The waitress was very nice though. I told her it was not her fault just not what I thought it would be. She did bring me a grilled cheese on the house. My husband had corned beef and cabbage and enjoyed it. It's just not worth the hype and not at all what I expected.

1  Thank Col515
Reviewed 3 May 2014

First, keep in mind the name of the establishment. "Diner". Don't go in expecting bottles of wine and candles on the table. However, do go in expecting great diner food. If you can make it past their Dessert Counter (don't look or you'll be stuck forever) that sits in the entrance, you'll be seated in one of two cavernous rooms. Yes, it's crowded and, yes, it's noisy. But you won't care because the food will make you forget everything else. I had one of the best Country Fried Steaks (nearly the size of the plate) with Mashed Potatoes and Gravy. It came with a lovely Caesar Salad, Bread, and the best Lemon Orzo Chicken Soup, ever. Couldn't possible eat all of that food and still have room for desert. Did I mention the Dessert Counter? OK, so I looked!!! and was in a quandry over what to choose. I finally opted for the Napoleon. I wasn't disappointed. Heavenly. Can't wait to go back and just do the desserts.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

The Marietta Diner was a very good restaurant. We had a short wait, but it was not long before we were talking to waiter. He was informative and pleasant. The Marietta Diner totally lived up to our expectations. We did not feel rushed and although it was very busy we didn't experience the noise that some reviewers were mentioning. ~ we had to decline dessert, no room!

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Our hotel manager suggested that we go here for an evening meal and based on his recommendation and high trip advisor reviews we decided to go for breakfast. It was busy, but we were seated right away. It was noisy, but not so noisy that it was distracting. The decor was dated. The server was very friendly. The food was the big disappointment. My husband and I each ordered an omelette, the Western and the Farmer's Omelette. My side was sliced tomatoes and a biscuit and his grits and toast. We each had coffee. The omelets were average, the tomatoes were bland, the grits were runny and the biscuit was nothing special. The coffee was horrible. We regretted wasting the calories and the money on this less than average meal. There were several parties waiting to be seated when we left.

Been to Marietta Diner? Share your experiences!