“Disappointed”

Ranked #164 of 714 Restaurants in Marietta
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cleveland, Tennessee, United States
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 9 June 2013 via mobile

I grew up eating Sonny's and there are non close to me. So I always eat there when traveling in Georgia or Florida. I had a bad travel day missed lunch was looking forward to BBQ and stopped at Sonnys on my way home from airport. Like I often do ordered AUCE slice pork and on a reorder order a piece of chicken was told that was not allowed. Than the manager made things worse by coming to my table with an insincere how can I help you only for to over hear tell the waiter she could not get a read on me. I had just ordered and followed a protocol of something I had done 4 times at 3 different Sonny's including that one in the past month. The pork beans and garlic bread were so good that night but this incident ruined my anticipated experience.

• Visited June 2013

Salt Lake City, Utah
“Good, but not great”
Reviewed 19 May 2013

This is a sit down and order style BBQ restaurant chain. I tried two different locations. They were consistent and good, but there was nothing I found to make them stand out. It's the type place were I wouldn't hesitate to stop at if I was hungry and saw one up ahead, but not one that I would choose as a destination.

Visited May 2013
Alpharetta, Georgia
“yumm-o”
Reviewed 24 February 2013

can't go wrong with Sonny's. Great BBQ, tender meat, delicious seasonings, yummy sides, wish they had more dessert choices, not that there's any room, but just saying....

Visited September 2012
Marietta, Georgia
“management sucks!!!”
Reviewed 17 February 2013

I placed order for ribs not burndt, nor overdone to be picked up...got therre the order was never placed, Mexican woman alledged to be manager, got on the phone screaming with no apologies, ...than hung up...the fact of the matter is she never placed the order...found that out when I arrived at Sonnys...That was terrible customer service and bad burnt food...Not to mention she quoted me 20.00, got there they charged me 29.69, after I got there.

• Visited February 2013
Cartersville, Georgia
“Close enough to be called BBQ but could be improved”
Reviewed 16 February 2013

Sonny's is a chain BBQ restaurant. The food is okay but not the best bbq I have had. There is a method to eating at Sonny's (all locations are almost identical). Once you have the method down, going back is more enjoyable. There is always a salad bar with an extensive array of items. The people I have gone with each have their own favorite off the menu and typically stay with their favorite. I like the pork plate. More often than not, Sonny's has specials and you can almost always find coupons in the local newspapers.

• Visited October 2012