“Comfort food from down under”

Australian Bakery Cafe
Ranked #1 of 17 Bakeries in Marietta
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 1 September 2013

There's nothing fancy about this place and you won't find much that's truly healthy but, if you enjoy comfort food and comfortable surroundings, you'll enjoy this place. Their Australian-style pies are good and are just like the ones we've had when traveling there. Their burgers and fries are really good, too, as are the bakery goods. And, there's some outdoor seating if you're at Marietta Square with your dog. All in all, if this is what you're in the mood for, you'll be well pleased.

1  Thank Rebinga

Reviewed 31 August 2013

Can't vouch for anything else on the menu, but the pies & sausage rolls were terrible. Like a dodgy home brand pie nuked in a microwave; the sausage roll was even worse. If these were sold at a shop in Australia, they'd be out of business before too long.

3  Thank Aussie_Ostrich
Reviewed 4 August 2013

As an Australian this place was embarrassing. The food was very average. My kids had pies and they looked old. I ordered a chicken and salad sandwich and the avocado was brown, yuk!. It was served on a dirty plate . The guy bringing out the orders had plastic gloves on , obviously for hygiene but was opening the door to take food outside with them on. I too visited the restroom and they were grubby. The whole place looked tired, with a few pictures and odd groceries as representations of our country. Disappointing!

3  Thank JR912013
Reviewed 3 August 2013

I have been eating at this restaurant for over 10 years. No flees, first of all. The food is fresh daily , Its fast, fresh, and its inexpensive. If you want a 5 star brunch,, You go to Rays on The River If you want fast, frech, and inexpensive, with a European twist, go to THE AUSTRALIAN BAKERY.It is layed back. You can get a Internat connection or good conversation with Neville, the owner. This crew is not perfect, but they come close. Very friendly atmosphere. If you like sweats , try this bakery. Their Apple Square, is the best. You always get a hello there.
I visit monthly.

NEGATIVES ARE; You might have to wait in line for a little while ,for take out. parking is not much fun between 12:00 to 1:00. CHILDREN ARE WELCOMED. SEVEN DAYS A WEEK.

Reviewed 5 July 2013

We decided to stop and have breakfast before the farmer's market last weekend-- what a mistake! We both ordered an egg, sausage, and cheese wrap, because the trays of cooked dishes we figured were their "pies"... Chef Mike (Microwave) stayed busy, because he was the only one cooking anything and only to nuke the flavorless food. The bread (outside of the "wrap") was so hot you couldn't touch it, and it only cooled into a piece of shoe leather that I was unable to chew through. The few bites I did have were flavorless. To top it off, I was bit by a FLEA (yes, I picked it off of me while it was biting me and killed it) moments after entering, and spent my entire breakfast being paranoid that I was being attacked by these blood-suckers (the fleas, not the restaurant, but either would be appropriate). Try somewhere else!

3  Thank amarion3